26. June 2017
We are hoping the Germans can clear a few things up for those of us who come from different countries.
1. Why do you pay for bottled water at restaurants instead of asking for tap water?
2. How much money do bathroom attendants make in a single day? And why do you always pay them?
3. How many clear plastic sleeves (on average) do you use to keep travel documents tidy when going on holiday?
4. Why do you put so much butter on your bread?
5. Can you taste the cocoa sprinkled on your cappuccino, or is it just for aesthetic?
6. Why is it impossible for you to wait patiently in a line? Aren't Germans known to be orderly and disciplined?
7. Why is it necessary to wear house shoes or socks when walking around the house?
8. Why do you panic when frozen foods are left out of the freezer for more than five minutes?
9. If a tree is not tagged with a number, does it even exist?
10. Is there any scientific evidence which shows that wearing a scarf helps you when you are sick?
11. Why do you religiously drop everything to watch Tatort on Sunday?
12. Were socks and sandals ever considered fashionable?
Photo credit: Visual Hunt