Writing is your profession, you can motivate teams, have ideas for new magazine features and your heart beats for the digital world and the startup scene? You already have some years’ experience as online editor or editor-in-chief, have organized teams before and developed magazines. Then maybe you should join our team?
Your area of responsibility
The editorial office of Vertical Media’s new English online magazine, is looking for a native English journalist seeking to become editor-in-chief of a young online magazine. We are looking for someone who is already involved in the startup scene and social web topics. You will be the publication’s primary editor, having final responsibility for the operations and policies and lead a growing team. The position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week. Ideally, many of these attributes describe you:
- You are an English-native-speaker and you have good German skills
- You have a journalism degree or similar professional knowledge
- You have more than three years’ experience as online editor or editor-in-chief
- You can motivate and develop editorial staff
- You are involved in the startup scene and know where to meet important players
- You live on the web with a feel for how people use it
- You work effectively with large online communities and have good knowledge in SEO and social media
- You are flexible and highly motivated
How to apply
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, certificates, references and work samples) to Joel Kaczmarek at: firstname.lastname@example.org.