6. July 2012–
Why take a job in Berlin? Perhaps because it’s one of the most vibrant cities on the planet, with a buzzing startup scene, clubs that never close, frothy beer and a big tower. But are you worried about your lack of German skills? Never fear – not only is Berlin massively multi-national, we’ve also helped you along with a pronunciation guide for some of the more difficult words. First up – schadenfreude. You’ve nailed it!
Wimdu is looking for Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f)
Slashdot reader? Do you go shopping and think OOP? Do you dream of big data? Is GitHub the first thing you think of when someone says the word “fork”?
Are you a hacker with experience in test-driven development in Ruby and RoR? Do you want to become a part of one of the most advanced startups in Europe in this area? Do you want to write code and work together with the best? If yes then we need you, so contact us today!
Wimdu is an exciting, new startup company headquartered in Berlin and one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe. We are all about tdd/bdd. Initially funded with $90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000 properties in over 100 countries since March 2011. Our main concept is to “travel like a local”. This idea is spread by an international team from more than 30 different nations working in our headquarter in Berlin or in one of our international offices.
About the role
- You will change the face of Wimdu by independently developing and implementing new features for 50 localised top-level domains that will be visited by hundreds of thousands of users
- You will contribute proactively to a highly agile test-driven development process with daily releases and weekly deploys
- You will be involved when it comes to proposing, implementing and developing sophisticated back-end solutions on rails
- You follow your own schedule and ideas to improve our platform on one day of the week independently of company priorities
- You are a zealous developer (m/f) – an educational background in the field of Information Technology or similar is preferable, but passionate career changers are also welcome. Grades don’t matter! All we care about is your personality and your code
- You have gained hands-on experience working in one or more Rails projects
- You are a passionate Ruby code writer with experience in an open source project, in a startup or a software firm
- You are open, communicative and enjoy working as part of a team
About the benefits
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment with many learning opportunities, then Wimdu is the right choice for you. You will become part of one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe with highly-skilled developers while at the same time individually enhancing a global online platform coding in Ruby on Rails. That is how your work will directly impact Wimdu’s worldwide success.
We offer you international startup spirit, combined with an inspiring workplace in a stylish converted warehouse directly located in the heart of Germany´s capital and the chance to work on fascinating projects. You will benefit from an attractive compensation and many development opportunities. Our Wimdu academy, a chill out-area and many events complete our offer and enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team.
How to apply
If so, we look forward to receive your application via mail to Wolfram Grätz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention then reference number VV1204RoR. Are you committed to some open-source projects? Perfect! Share some github repositories with us!
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions, doubts and we will get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sidekick to the CTO/Technical Consultant
Our CTO and Co-founder is looking for a sidekick. Being the CTO at Wooga is not about being the “lead engineer”, telling people how to write software. It’s about responsibilities regarding recruiting, organising and developing our games teams. There are a lot of projects in these areas that are really important, but we need a future colleague and this is where you come into play.
About the role
- Wooga has a unique IT organisation: There is no team lead in our engineering teams. That leads to a situation where feedback talks are difficult, because usually your manager is not in the same team as you. You will help me to develop a state-of-the art peer-based 360-degree feedback concept, and work with me to implement it.
- I am invited to conferences frequently to talk about what we do. You will work with me on a rock-star presentation that will make anyone who hears me talk want to apply for a job immediately.
- Every ambitious team wants to know how they are doing, wants to have some useful metric to see how they perform. You will help me work on an intelligent, modern way to introduce IT controlling.
- There will be some smaller task as well. Even at Wooga you will get the chance to show off your Excel magic skills in a spreadsheet from time to time.
- You have to be smart. “Getting things done” mentality, high motivation, assertiveness, diplomatic attitude, quick learner. All that stuff. No compromises here.
- You recently graduated in Computer Science or Business Informatics from a well-known university and you are among the top 30% of Master or Bachelor Degree students.
- Technical background is necessary. If you think that Ruby is a precious stone this is not the right job for you. You have to have a very good understanding how software and the internet work.
- You briefly considered applying at McKinsey. You are confident you have a shot with them, but after thinking it through you came to the conclusion that you don’t want to fly around as an Excel servant for the next two years, you want to be an entrepreneur, and you want to get into the Berlin startup scene. You don’t feel ready to start your own startup yet, but you want to get a job where you can gather the necessary experience.
About the benefits
- A fast-paced job. New challenges all the time.
- Helping to shape one of Europe’s fastest growing startup
- An interesting title. You can choose between “IT development manager”. Or “Sidekick to the CTO”. Or you can suggest your own idea.
If you want to join our great team please send your application to Stephan: email@example.com
Atlantic Ventures is looking for an Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO
Atlantic Ventures is an entrepreneurial ventures firm focused on creating and supporting innovative ventures. Led by Christophe Maire, who co-founded Gate5, Plazes and txtr and has 15 years of experience in company building and investing, we have been involved in numerous success stories such as SoundCloud, Amen, Gidsy and Monoqi. As we prepare to start our next venture, we want you to join our team as Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO.
- Completed studies in business or another relevant field, ideally with a Masters degree from a renowned university or an MBA from a top-tier business school
- Several years of work experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment (eg management consulting, eCommerce or other startup, etc)
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills – ability to build, motivate, structure and grow a functionally diverse team
- Strong analytical skills – ability to set up efficient business processes and develop an organization from scratch
- Keen and able to cover a broad range of topics from consumer branding and marketing to operations, IT and finance
- Passionate about living the lifestyle of an entrepreneur – pragmatic, bias for action and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent German and English skills
About the offer
- The chance to run a disruptive internet company within the next three months
- Access to a broad and strong network within the internet industry
- Adequate compensation plus attractive equity stake
- Location: Berlin-Mitte
- Start: Immediately
How to apply
Send your CV and a few lines on why you’re the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org