22. June 2012–
It’s only a few hours before the weekend begins, and another big match gets underway. We hope that it’s got more action than this Monthy Python classic match, but even if you don’t like football, we hope that you’re in a philosophical mood. A mood to take a good look at your life and think: “What the hell am I doing working here, when I could have a sexy new startup job in Berlin?” Socrates it to ’em! (sorry, it’s been a long week…)
Remember to check out our favourite Football Apps for Euro 2012 too…
Sidekick to the CTO/Technical Consultant
Our CTO and Co-founder is looking for a sidekick. Being the CTO at Wooga is not about being the “lead engineer”, telling people how to write software. It’s about responsibilities regarding recruiting, organising and developing our games teams. There are a lot of projects in these areas that are really important, but we need a future colleague and this is where you come into play.
About the role
- Wooga has a unique IT organisation: There is no team lead in our engineering teams. That leads to a situation where feedback talks are difficult, because usually your manager is not in the same team as you. You will help me to develop a state-of-the art peer-based 360-degree feedback concept, and work with me to implement it.
- I am invited to conferences frequently to talk about what we do. You will work with me on a rock-star presentation that will make anyone who hears me talk want to apply for a job immediately.
- Every ambitious team wants to know how they are doing, wants to have some useful metric to see how they perform. You will help me work on an intelligent, modern way to introduce IT controlling.
- There will be some smaller task as well. Even at Wooga you will get the chance to show off your Excel magic skills in a spreadsheet from time to time.
- You have to be smart. “Getting things done” mentality, high motivation, assertiveness, diplomatic attitude, quick learner. All that stuff. No compromises here.
- You recently graduated in Computer Science or Business Informatics from a well-known university and you are among the top 30% of Master or Bachelor Degree students.
- Technical background is necessary. If you think that Ruby is a precious stone this is not the right job for you. You have to have a very good understanding how software and the internet work.
- You briefly considered applying at McKinsey. You are confident you have a shot with them, but after thinking it through you came to the conclusion that you don’t want to fly around as an Excel servant for the next two years, you want to be an entrepreneur, and you want to get into the Berlin startup scene. You don’t feel ready to start your own startup yet, but you want to get a job where you can gather the necessary experience.
About the benefits
- A fast-paced job. New challenges all the time.
- Helping to shape one of Europe’s fastest growing startup
- An interesting title. You can choose between “IT development manager”. Or “Sidekick to the CTO”. Or you can suggest your own idea.
If you want to join our great team please send your application to Stephan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Country Manager UK (m/f)
barcoo links products in stores with independent consumer information. Your mobile phone becomes a barcode scanner and shows you everything you need to save money, take care of your health and our environment: price comparison, test reports, health, green and sustainability information. See us in action on flickr.
With currently more than six million downloads, barcoo is one of the most successful apps in Europe. Behind this success stands checkitmobile GmbH, a start-up in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
About the role
You are responsible for the UK expansion of barcoo. At the heart of this position is:
- Business Development: identifying new content sources, initiate and negotiate relations with possible partners
- Product Management: coming up with (content-) features that might help make barcoo more useful and valuable for UK consumers
- Content Marketing: identifying possible PR stories and coordinating our UK PR efforts.
- You will be working in our Berlin office and travelling to London on demand.
- UK native
- Based in Berlin or willing to move to Berlin
- Willing to take on responsibility for personnel in a growing start-up
- Professional experience preferably in the internet industry
- Good technical understanding of mobile and internet technologies
- Experience in Product Management desirable
- Affinity to sustainable lifestyle
- Knowledge and experience in developing business relationships
- Sound understanding of the British consumer market and society
- Presentational skills and outgoing personality
About the offer
- The opportunity to create a successful mobile service in UK based on barcoo’s success in Germany. Millions of consumers use our app to help with their next purchase. Work with people who passionately develop and improve the barcoo project.
- A growing start-up gives you many opportunities for personal development, and to take responsibilities. We offer not only a great working environment in a successful startup, but also an exciting location in the heart of Berlin as well as travels to London and the opportunity to progress with us in a rapidly evolving industry: the mobile Internet.
Want to be a part of our team and our success? Then send your application by email to Marcus:email@example.com
Intern: Marketing and Communications
This internship position will hold an important role in launching the first Startupbootcamp, startup accelerator program in Berlin, Germany. The marketing and communications intern will work directly with the Marketing team at Startupbootcamp to create a brand presence within the German startup market as well as contribute to initiatives leading the Startupbootcamp brand in Europe.
About the role
You will learn about marketing practices and be heavily involved with communicating and learning about mass communication and online digital strategies. We are not looking for a Seth Godin, but someone who is innovative and possess creative methods for maximum exposure. You read technology and marketing news regularly (if not daily) and already have some networks within the startup/marketing/PR community.
If you have Photoshop/Illustrator ability, you’re in our good books. You are fond of social media, already have followers in your Twitter account and interested in a possible career as a Community Manager. You’re especially not afraid to try new apps out and speaking to people both offline and online. Points in this article resonate with your online social media skills.
You possess a professional yet fun communication style that is fluent in both English and German and eager to learn how to use new tools (although if you don’t know how to use WordPress, you might want to start looking into now). What you get? Pan-European marketing experience and an internship that will allow you to discover the world of startups, meet mentors in the program and explore every aspect of integrated marketing strategies.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter (include your Twitter handle, and your proudest design piece) to: Wilken Bruns, Startupbootcamp Berlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbanara needs a rockstar Head of Online Marketing
URBANARA is an innovative internet retailer that sources textiles from producers around the world and delivers them to the customer’s doorstep. They are currently recruiting a Head of Online Marketing to drive customer acquisition and retention on the UK and German site and our future markets. Highly creative, data driven and with a passion for e-commerce, you will be responsible for setting the global online marketing strategy, kickstarting their online marketing in the UK and ensuring successful execution to achieve ambitious revenue targets.
Highly experienced in SEO and SEM, you will systematically improve our visibility in the search engines and manage their PPC campaigns. In addition you will drive traffic on a performance basis through different kind of display advertising and build an affiliate program. Reporting to the CEO, you will be based in our Berlin office.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com including the job title and your name in the subject of the email.