20. September 2012–
Six startups will step into the bright lights in front of a "Dragon's Den" panel of experts at CEO Berlin next week (25-26 September).
The aim of CEO Berlin (organised by CEO Events) is to provide exclusive yet informal networking for top founders, CEOs and venture capitalists – and the event will include a pitching and feedback session for three new companies each day.
Confirmed guests at CEO Berlin include tape.tv CEO Conrad Fritzsch, investors Fred Court, Christoph Maire and Peter Read, Fabian Heilemann (CEO, DailyDeal), Jan Beckers (CEO, HitFox), Verena Delius (Goodbeans) and a long list of others.
After much deliberation by the CEO Berlin team, and a downsizing from nine teams to six to give more time to each, the finalists for the Dragon's Den pitch sessions are:
- Stickvogel (Berlin) – online customisable embroidery service provider
- StartWork (Berlin) – productivity platform to help users work with friends and stay on task
- Gestigon (Lübeck) – gesture recognition software for fingers, hands and body gestures
- Moosify (Palo Alto) – mobile app to "meet new people through music and places"
- OleaPark (Berlin and Paris) – social event "badge" and networking app
- TimeZapp – crowd-based "DIY customer validation"
In Berlin, the pitching never stops...
For more events on next week, check out the Social Media Week schedule, including the Berlin Startup Academy's Seed Summit pitching competition (applications can also be sent in to us for that, see our post on the summit for the details).
Featured image copyright Flickr user raboveu
For related reading, try our insiders’ guides to a winning pitch:
99 Problems but a pitch ain’t one – top VCs and investors on the secrets of a perfect pitch
99 Problems but a Pitch Ain’t One Part 2 – startup mentors on what gets their attention
99 Problems but a pitch ain’t one Part 3 – pitch secrets from CEOs and entrepreneurs