5. December 2011–
What did you buy online today? Nothing yet? Well, chances are you will at some point. According to online retail giant Amazon, 9pm Monday evening is when the highest volume of customer holiday orders are being made. And whether you’re participating in the e-commerce buying frenzy or not tonight, the sound of real live cash registers will be a couple years out of earshot.
British consumer website MoneySupermarket has predicted almost half of Christmas gifts (42%) this year will be bought online. They also forecast that shopping from smart phones and other mobile devices is expected to feature strongly, with an estimated 12% of online purchases being made on the move.
What are customers most wishing for on Amazon.co.uk?
2. ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2’ (DVD)
3. ‘Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography’ – Walter Isaacson (Hardcover)
4. ‘Harry Potter – The Complete 8-Film Collection’ (Blu-ray)
5. ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ (DVD)
6. ‘Captain America – The First Avenger’ (Triple Play)
7. ‘Senna’ (DVD)
8. ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3’ (Xbox 360)
9. ‘Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets’ (Hardcover)
10. ‘Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception’ (PS3)
Image credit: Flickr user Kevin Marks.