We’ve been witnessing some disruptive takes on the CV recently, but how would you like to get hooked up to a lie detector on your job interview? Thankfully, this remains illegal right now, although we at VentureVillage have reputations as white as snow of course. In the meantime always remember to be as truthful as you dare and enjoy this week’s hottest job postings…
Meltwater needs you to train future software startups in Africa
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) and its incubator are recruiting people with a passion for software startups and a strong background in software development for a one-year entrepreneurial assignment in Accra, Ghana. Together with a dynamic team of other fellows from around the world, you will foster growth of software companies in Africa by training MEST students in software development while supporting software startup companies in the Incubator with technical assistance like code writing consultancy and technical advice.
If you’re an engineering or computer science graduate with strong management qualities and a keen, developed interest in teaching and working with people, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for any questions by 17 May. Start day is August 1
Urbanara needs a rockstar Head of Online Marketing
URBANARA is an innovative internet retailer that sources textiles from producers around the world and delivers them to the customer’s doorstep. They are currently recruiting a Head of Online Marketing to drive customer acquisition and retention on the UK and German site and our future markets. Highly creative, data driven and with a passion for e-commerce, you will be responsible for setting the global online marketing strategy, kickstarting their online marketing in the UK and ensuring successful execution to achieve ambitious revenue targets.
Highly experienced in SEO and SEM, you will systematically improve our visibility in the search engines and manage their PPC campaigns. In addition you will drive traffic on a performance basis through different kind of display advertising and build an affiliate program. Reporting to the CEO, you will be based in our Berlin office. To apply please send your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject of the email.
greatcontent needs a great key account manager UK
greatcontent.co.uk is a fast growing SEO text writing service based in Berlin. Our pool of pre-qualified writers creates any kind of texts in seven languages for our Internet clients all over Europe. We aim at long-term business relationships and need you to expand and intensify our activities in the UK.
Your great skills
- You have a convincing approach and a positive, charismatic as well as active personality
- You are a native speaker or have native speaking level of English (business level)
- You just hate spelling and grammar mistakes, and enjoy great quality
- You love to help others, don’t accept “that doesn‘t work”, and need a high degree of autonomy
- You have some sales experience and/or B2B experience, preferably with internet businesses
Our great offer
- Great customers, great writers, and a great multicultural and fun team
- A fair, feedback-driven, and professional working atmosphere
- Great diversity of projects, and daily new challenges
- A competitive salary with a flexible success component
- Office at the heart of Berlin’s vibrant internet scene
Please e-mail your CV, a brief statement of motivation and a short evaluation of what you don’t like about our website to email@example.com. Be honest :-)
cloudControl: B2B Partner Sales Manager
cloudControl is a leading European Cloud Computing company building the future platform for Cloud application development (Platform as a Service/PaaS). They’re looking for a B2B Sales Manager for its young and professional team headquartered in Berlin to take ownership of this key role in the company.
Who do they want? Someone with relevant previous knowledge and experience, who’s willing to take personal responsibility in exchange for the corresponding autonomy and freedom to shape an important part of their business.
It will be your job to develop strong partnerships with leading European software development companies, agencies and other potential sales partners for our product. Please apply if you want to leverage your existing skills in the exciting and challenging startup environment of one of Berlin’s hottest and fastest-growing technology startups.
- Identify, contact, negotiate and close deals with agencies and partners
- Identify strategic sales verticals and find appropriate partners
- Qualify joint customer budgets
- 3-4 years experience in B2B key account / partner management
- Be a startup person
- Agency network preferable
- We value an interest in software development
How to apply
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a relevant CV or linked online profile. After review be ready for a call or a coffee. No freelancers.
Also check out our review of LinkedIn’s sexy new iPad app