Start: Dec 01, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
With Babbel anyone can learn a language
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Join our Berlin team as a Country Performance Manager (m/f) for DACH and help us change the way the language learning is done!
Responsibilities for the role
- Define the marketing plan for our performance marketing channels in cooperation with channel managers for Babbel’s Central European Markets (Germany, Austria, Switzerland / DACH)
- Develop the performance marketing channels, channel mix and channel innovation to maximize advertising efficiency
- Provide local consumer insights to inform marketing plan & investment decisions
- Distribute the marketing budget per channel to optimize user acquisition and retention
- Co-Lead or co-sponsor DACH-specific multi-channel communication campaigns
- Coach channel managers on the execution of marketing plans locally
- Drive innovation within existing performance marketing channels and explore new opportunities
- Support channel leads on hiring decisions for the DACH geo area
- Collaborate effectively across all teams at Babbel
- Reporting to the Country Manager DACH
- 3+ years of experience in online marketing, user acquisition or performance marketing with strong international exposure
- (near) native fluency in German and fluency in all aspects of spoken and written English
- Resided in the DACH region for some time, with a strong understanding of the local culture, language and business norms.
- Superior quantitative skills combined with strong marketing planning capabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends & technologies in online marketing
- Team player with an entrepreneurial start-up attitude, hands-on mentality, high motivation and willingness to learn
- Previous experience with an online and/or subscription business model is a plus
- Have a highly visible role in growing one of our core markets, DACH
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Participate in hackdays and growthdays from day one
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!