Start: Jan 01, 2018
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
The communications, mobility, security, logistics and energy sectors are increasingly becoming one. Disruptive business models that mix things up and serve new approaches fundamentally change the game rules of entire industries. The energy industry is also affected by this. The innogy Innovation Hub drives forward the transformation from a power plant-based energy generation company into a customer-oriented solutions provider – at the innogy Innovation Hub, we are developing digital business models.
We radically innovate energy to unlock a smart, responsible and people powered future.
For one of our newly funded corporate start-ups with its first product Share&Charge, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced DevOps Lead Engineer (m/f) for our rapidly growing team.
With Share&Charge (http://shareandcharge.com) we have developed one of the globally first products based on blockchain technology enabling people to share their electric charging poles and therewith boost e-mobility. We want to encourage and help e-mobilists to connect regionally and support each other. Share&Charge is the first product of the decentralised mobility transaction platform with various further use cases around decentralised IT solutions and mobility.
We are a young team passionate about sharing & mobility and we are looking for people who want to make a difference and shape the future of mobility.
Shape the future of mobility by understanding the customers need and translate it into IT solutions.
What you have to deal with
- Be part of an entrepreneurial team that is dedicated to build a new blockchain based mobility transaction platform
- Analysis, planning and implementation of an automated system management
- Realization of robust, automated infrastructure solutions as a basis for continuous delivery pipelines, automated testing, staging environments and an automated deployment in IT operations
- Gather business requirements and map it to the current technical implementation and draw a potential future solution
- Take over this unique challenge to understand DevOps as supporting our Platform to be operated optimally
- Support our Platform running all the time (ideally)
- You are able to control “classic” setups based on virtual machines as well as cloud technologies and containers
- As currently our technology stack is based on blockchain technology, you have a solid understanding about it
- At least 3 years work experience in software development and DevOps
- Deep knowledge in modern IT technologies/streams like virtualization, containers, API Intergation, clustering, load balancing
- Deep knowledge of common automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Saltstack
- Deep knowledge of “Infrastructure as Code” concepts and tools like Vagrant or Docker
- Good development skills in at least one common used object-oriented programming language
- More than two years of experience in administration of Unix/Linux systems
- Usage of version control systems like Git or SVNt
- Ability to lead the development team and to work with B2B customers in API integration tasks
- At least basic understanding of IoT and Blockchain, passion even better
- Focus on integration of brand new technologies and operational readiness
- Ideally experience in IT operation, public cloud (AWS or Azure), continuous integration, IP networks
- Two hearts beating in your chest – a quality-conscious developer’s and of an automation-enthusiastic admin