Start: Mar 16, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Eventbrite is the world’s largest provider of self-service ticketing and registration. People around the world organize and market events through our technology, from music festivals, conferences, hackathons, air guitar contests, marathons, donation galas to eSports tournaments. We help people around the globe find new and interesting experiences, which they may remember for a lifetime – and we make it possible. Our mission? We bring together people all over the world.
Eventbrite has provided an event management solution to event organizers across the globe for over 10 years, and Germany is one of our fastest growing markets. With our fast-growing, motivated and entrepreneurial team, we want to further expand our business in Germany. The local team is the driving force behind our growth strategy in Germany. It consists of business development, account management and marketing.
Our growth plans for the German market are ambitious; For us, Germany is one of the most exciting markets in the world, and we see tremendous growth potential for Eventbrite. In addition, we have recently doubled our Business Development power in the region through our acquisition of Ticketscript. This acquisition was a key step to accelerate growth in Germany, which we see as a core market. The opportunity is huge as we bring these two teams together, and we are looking for an experienced leader to take advantage of this potential.
As the Head of Business Development, you will join and lead a dynamic team that drives our German Business Development practices. You will report into the Country Director for Germany, and work with him as well as the Head of European Business Development, to build pipeline, finetune sales strategy, create and execute on business success metrics, and consistently push your team to beat targets.
You will manage the Berlin-based team of Business Development Managers. As the team leader, you will own the overall success of the team. You will be responsible for driving performance, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective clients and develop action plans where necessary. You’ll be actively involved in the largest prospects of the team, guiding in the preparation of proposals, pitch presentations and quotas. You will be responsible for reporting on the success of your team, and you will act as the liaison between the team and company leadership.
You will also manage the individual performance of the Business Development managers and help to grow their skillsets. By coaching on procedure, technique, and pipeline management, you will ensure career progression and job satisfaction for your team of Britelings.
The Skill Set
- A proven track record of closing enterprise level deals and Business Development success within the SaaS, Technology, or Ticketing sector
- 5+ years experience in a Business Development Leadership/Management role
- Knowledge of our main target markets music and registration / B2B events
- Experience in exceeding team and individual targets
- Experience executing on metrics and quotas, and a track record of over-performance
- Analytical ability to understand and report weekly and monthly team performance to company leadership
- Excellent written, oral and numeracy skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal and organisational abilities
- Experience with post-merger integration of teams
What we offer
- A competitive salary within an international and growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your international career. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Berlin who are passionate about what we do.
- Laptop and mobile phone for professional use
Perks to sweeten the deal
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
Job type: Full-time (40 hrs)
Job location(s): Berlin, Germany