Start: Nov 13, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling, improvement, and design. We provide our community of over 40 million unique monthly users with everything they need to improve their home from start to finish. Our mission is to create the best experience for home design, removing the barriers between homeowners and home designers.
Our Sales team strives to help those home designers to advertise on our platform with Houzz Pro+ local marketing solutions and showcase their work to our community. By applying our technology to build their brands, Houzz helps them grow their networks and collaborate with real, potential clients.
In that context, we are looking for a hands on Sales Manager to lead and grow our Berlin based Sales team, who are providing home design professionals (think Architects, Interior Designers, Builders, etc) across Europe with solutions to build their brand locally on Houzz.
- Drive growth and hit sales targets by successfully leading an inside sales team that thrives on supportive, real-time candid feedback and coaching
- Be a present, hands-on sales leader who manages day-day performance and client needs by consistently maintaining a detailed understanding of pipeline and development needs for each individual on your team
- Take immediate responsibility for a team of 10+ but continue to attract, hire and develop others
- Maintain a strong grasp of key metrics and apply analytical rigour, reporting to our Regional EU Sales Manager and working with senior management to evaluate and drive sales performance
- Shape our growing European advertising business by identifying and developing best practice and process within your team and working collaboratively across functions to enhance the effectiveness of our entire sales organisation
Who you are
- An inspiring, hands on manager with a natural ability to lead, coach and motivate inside sales teams to hit and exceed targets
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English with fluency in German
- Fluency in Italian, French or Spanish is a significant plus
- Seasoned sales professional with successful sales records; experience in selling subscription-based/SaaS solutions preferred
- Experience in hiring and leading inside sales teams (individual contributors as well as team leads)
- Experience working in a hyper-growth startup or fast growing environment preferred;
- Familiarity with CRM tools (Salesforce), data analysis and reporting
- Amazing presentation skills with ability to convince your team/customers to follow your lead
- A great sense of humour and a real people person, full of energy and positivity
- Ability to work with others in a friendly, cooperative manner and inspire your team to collaborate in alignment with our culture
- Bonus points if you are a lover of home design and have a great Houzz profile
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- You’ll be part of a rapidly expanding team on a mission to grow Houzz internationally. We have an entrepreneurial culture, a warm work environment, and a close-knit family that loves to celebrate birthdays and team accomplishments.
- Travel card supplement, free Friday lunches for the whole office
- Our beautiful office is located right in the middle of Berlin – in a hip, modern, comfortable environment designed to reflect our culture
- Top Notch TechnologyStocked kitchen to keep you fueled
- Getting to work in an collaborative environment filled with smart, fun, driven people