Start: Jan 01, 2018
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
Kontaktdaten / Ansprechpartner: Julia Lange
Axel Springer SE is one of the largest European media companies that today employs more than 15,000 people and is, through its subsidiaries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. We are actively shaping digitization and consider it a great opportunity in becoming the leading digital publisher.
The Marketing and Classifieds division steers Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already today contribute more than 75% to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, e.g. StepStone, Business Insider, Idealo, Zanox, aufeminin, finanzen.net, KaufDa, SeLoger and Immowelt, are located in Europe, USA and South America being market leaders in their respective business. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through both our assets Project A-Ventures and Axel Springer Plug & Play Accelerator, as well as through direct investments.
For the Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, we are currently looking for talented juniors that are enthusiastic to gain work experience in a strategic environment in our Investment Holding in Berlin as well as in an operational international environment in our subsidiary StepStone UK, which operates the leading job portals TotalJobs and Jobsite and several other brands that together generate over 20m monthly visits. With offices in eight locations, including the TotalJobs HQ in London and Jobsite’s HQ in Havant as well as over 700 employees, StepStone UK grew strongly and became a significant Revenue and EBITDA contributor to the StepStone Group and Axel Springer.
What we offer
- An individual and diverse fixed term international programme (18-24 months) based on a German employment contract
- A programme that is focused on digital activities and based within the Marketing & Classifieds Division combined with at least 12 months operational project work at Totaljobs in London/UK
- Deep insights into various digital business models and the media industry
- Chance to work in an international portfolio company to strengthen your operational skills with excellent employment opportunities upon completion of the programme
- Highly professional and cooperative business culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Join a dynamic working environment within the Axel Springer group, the leading digital publisher that offers promising and forward-looking business perspectives
Tasks/Challenges Investment Holding/Berlin (6-12 months)
- Support of our highly professional investment team with regard to strategic M&A-projects (Due Diligence, Business plans, Valuation, Deal structuring) in early and later stage investments
- Preparation of market and competitor analyses to identify both organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Support in portfolio management, process management and strategic projects for holding and digital units
- Preparation of online performance and KPI analysis for digital unitsCollaboration with portfolio teams from content, marketing and classified verticals
- Contribution to organic growth initiatives and venture development as part of Axel Springer’s digital strategy
- Joint development of business plans and strategic analyses incl. recommendations for the management
- Regular advice and exchange with experienced mentor
Tasks/Challenges StepStone UK/London (12 months)
- Support of StepStone UK management team with analyses, preparation of management presentations and strategic as well as operational projects
- Preparation of market and competitor as well as strategic analyses including recommendations as decision basis for the management
- Regular support in preparation of business review meetings and supervisory board materials
- Support in internal coordination projects and follow up of internal initiatives
- Possibly coordination of international projects with group services of StepStone group and close collaboration with different units
- Support at M&A analyses and at business plans
- Close collaboration with StepStone UK management, all operational teams as well as international StepStone group teams (HQ and worldwide)
- Support and mentoring by experienced StepStone UK colleague
- Outstanding university degree in Business Administration, Business Informatics, International Management or any other comparable field from a leading business school
- 2-3 years of practical experience in Strategy Consulting, Venture Capital, Online company or in a Start-up as an entrepreneur
- Enthusiasm for digital media, digital business models and value-chains
- Analytical and operational skills (e.g. online marketing experience), entrepreneurial and conceptual mind as well as a drive for numbers
- Clear desire to work in operational environment
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- Quick learner, execution focused, self-reliance and creativity in your approach to solving problems
- Fluent German and English language skills, very good MS-Office skills
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400038) will be answered gladly by Julia Lange.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.