Start: Nov 09, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
We design the happy journey of tomorrow!
Director Venture Development (m/f)
Help a renowned industry leader to design the journey of tomorrow
The Berlin-based Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbH (LIH) is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group. We are looking for an experienced Director Venture Development complementing a growing team of experienced Lufthanseats and experts from the startup ecosystem committed to fast-track world-renowned brands such as Lufthansa, Eurowings SWISS, Austrian Airlines and Miles & More into the digital age.
Depending on the individual challenge LIH leverages established, proven business models and companies with the assets of Lufthansa Group and develops its own, tailor-made solutions based on tangible customer pain points. In this regard we are working closely with experts in the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven entrepreneurs from the startup ecosystem.
The Director Venture Development heads the LIH Venture Development team working on internal and external digital ventures ranging from strategic partnerships with existing players in the mobility and travel tech ecosystem to greenfield development of new digital products and services for the travel journey of tomorrow.
Thereby you will be particularly responsible for the holistic steering of the individual projects as well as strategic business development with internal and external stakeholders, the professionalization of our project management framework, the definition and tracking of KPIs and milestones as well as the acquisition of relevant partners both in- and outside Lufthansa Group.
In this context you will lead a fast-moving and growing interdisciplinary team of currently 10+ full-time professionals with strong startup, corporate and consulting background and > 10 external partners while directly reporting to the Managing Directors of the Lufthansa Innovation Hub.
Given an above-average degree of flexibility regarding execution approaches and methodologies, team setup, technological bandwidth and budget we emphatically understand the Director Venture Development Manager as a senior entrepreneur acting on behalf of the Lufthansa Innovation Hub within the various entities of Lufthansa Group.
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years work experience
- Experience in startup and/or company builder context with proven leadership track record (e.g. Managing Director or Director position, division head, team lead)
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and the respective growth drivers
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Experience with 2.0 project management frameworks and tools (e.g. Basecamp, Asana, Trello, Slack)
- Analytical skills with ability to compile and analyze performance data
- Distinct travel & mobility affinity
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in English and German
- MBA degree
- Experience as startup founder
- Experience as a management consultant
- Direct or indirect (e.g. management consultancy) working experience in the corporate context
- Professional touch points with travel (tech) and/or mobility
- Holistic management of the LIH Venture Development team
- Ongoing steering of product development, implementation and iterative improvement
- Further professionalization of the project management framework (including roles & responsibilities of project team members, relevant tools and processes)
- Definition and constant monitoring of KPIs and milestones
- Acquisition of relevant partners (e.g. developers, media partners etc.)
- Business Development towards internal (Lufthansa Group) and external stakeholders
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart and hard-working team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in the aviation industry
- Act as an entrepreneur with a high degree of creative freedom and execution flexibility
- Work in the entrepreneurial unit of an industry-leading player promoting iterative, straight-forward execution
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced entrepreneurs as supporter and challenger
- Gain exceptional perspective and learn about one of the hottest industries in tech
- Receive competitive compensation including performance bonus and fringe benefits
Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbH
Rosenthaler Str. 32