Start: May 17, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Kontaktdaten / Ansprechpartner: Maria Baumgartner
Speedinvest is a Pan-European venture capital fund with over EUR 100 Million assets under management that invests in seed stage technology start-up companies in the sectors of fintech / insurtech, core technologies as well as in media & e-commerce. Besides providing financial investments, the fund and its partners actively deploy their network and know-how to support the portfolio companies. Furthermore, Speedinvest’s office in Silicon Valley supports portfolio companies entering the US market. Find out more about Speedinvest at: www.speedinvest.com.
Partner Speedinvest (m/f)
Fund Manager for Marketplaces (Vienna, Berlin)
As part of the growth strategy, Speedinvest doubles down on marketplaces. Therefore, the senior team of investment managers (Partners), will be increased by two further members who will steer and manage all related activities.
In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be personally responsible for a portfolio of start-ups and will offer relevant insights in a charismatic and self-confident manner. You should be able to advise start-ups on their strategy based on your experience in investing in or operating digital marketplaces or e-Commerce sites. Rolling up your sleeves is the type of work you enjoy.
We are searching for exceptional individuals who have managed or been involved in flagship marketplace projects across Europe.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Establishing and managing the Speedinvest marketplace team and setting up and leading a team of associates
- Program management: Development and implementation of the investment program including additional offers
- Deal sourcing and negotiation management as well as managing the investment processes including structuring and due diligence
- Building the portfolio according to strategic considerations
- Continuous development of investment roadmaps in cooperation with Speedinvest and other media investors
- Contribution to the growth of the managed portfolio companies by offering structured services to start-ups
- Preparation and support of portfolio companies for exits
- Serving as a point of communication between the Speedinvest Media team and the various stakeholders of the ecosystem
- START-UP BACKGROUND: In an ideal world you have founded a company in either marketplaces, e-commerce or online (classified) ads or have management experience in a relevant position in the start-up industry. Alternatively, many years of experience in the start-up industry would be key
- If you have a corporate background we would expect you to have some experience working in or with start-ups
- OR: INVESTMENT EXPERIENCE in the aforementioned segments, either with a relevant fund or incubation program etc.
- We expect a strong network of relevant players in the media and marketplace, e-commerce or another area that is complementary to the existing Speedinvest network
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- International approach and mindset
- Confident in negotiations
- High intellectual maturity
- Self-initiative and self-motivation
- Constructive and solution-oriented approach
- Hands-on, “straight to the point” pragmatism
We look forward to discussing this position with you personally. Please contact Maria Baumgartner for further details. All information will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Tel: +43 (0)664 1650788