Start: Oct 25, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in twelve countries on three continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and nine more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
This is a unique opportunity to join an international team that manages strategic partnerships across all of Pepper.com businesses. As an Senior Business Development Manager (m/f) reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Pepper.com most complex and high impact strategic alliance activities. This includes managing relationships and assisting for deals which are unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to the whole group. We regularly work with major retailers and brands as well as high-growth start-ups to identify new partnership opportunities. Our work spans across the globe, and this position will leverage your strong understanding of digital media, commerce, and retailers and brands to structure forward-thinking partnerships.
You will need to work collaboratively with internal teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and user adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
Your responsibilities would include
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage global or regional partnerships that can involve marketing, content, commerce, and technology components.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
- Lead cross-functional teams including Editorial, Product and senior management to execute on the relationships.
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
- Support the strategic objectives and interests of Pepper.com’s business teams on a global basis.
The qualities we are looking for are
- 5+ years in technology business development
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large-scale marketing deals, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Thought leader with a solid understanding of advertising technologies and their intersection with commerce.
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Competency with internet and mobile technologies.
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Some perks of working for Pepper are
- A great office on Torstraße (close to U-Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the Berlin startup scene
- Be a part of an awesome, international team of passionate and skilled people
- Opportunity to grow and contribute to the company success
- Any technology, gadgets, Operating System you want
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and your CV.