Start: Jun 01, 2017
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
Start: June 2017 – May 2018
10 Month Contract for Maternity Cover
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 39 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Currently we are looking for a PR Manager Italy & Spain to join our Berlin team and take care of the Italian as well as the Spanish market. The position is limited as it is a maternity leave replacement.
As PR manager Italy & Spain you drive the visibility of Babbel in those markets. Italy as well as Spain are key countries for Babbel, so you will be able to make a great impact within the company. In this role you are responsible to create a localized PR-strategy and to further execute this via various campaigns, placements at key-events, partnerships with like-minded players and media relations. You will be backed by Babbel’s fully developed and highly motivated international PR team and manage local PR agencies which you will lead and drive to new heights. And yes, you will be traveling.
Responsibilities for the role
- Develop and execute PR strategies aligned with the Babbel brand and strategy
- Bring to life compelling story angles and cultivate relationships with key journalists
- Steadily drive media relations, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Identify media trends, news cycles and un-tapped media opportunities
- Write press releases and media kits in Italian or Spanish as well as manage translation process for global press releases
- Work with PR team as well as cross-functional teams in order to execute brand initiatives
- Build relationships with potential partners to grow brand, product and industry awareness
- Place Babbel’s spokespeople at Italian & Spanish key events
- Manage local PR agencies
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an agency or in-house PR
- Proven track record in communications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Existing network of technology and lifestyle media contacts is a plus
- High affinity with topics relating to tech, languages, online learning or similar
- Hands-on mentality; able to work independently with a high motivation and eagerness to learn
- Italian or Spanish native with
- high-level English skills (German is a plus)