Has the gloomy pre-winter Berlin got you down? If anything will cheer you up and make you feel hopeful about the future, it’s this video of Bjork explaining television. That, and our roundup of the hottest startup jobs in Europe, of course…
Here is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager
Here powers everyday experiences that help you navigate your life with ease and confidence. We serve both business customers and consumers with the energy of a startup and the stability of an established operation. We care passionately about our customers, our products and each other.
At Here, innovation is the lifeblood of our future success. You will get to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with the best minds from a variety of industries and nationalities across global teams. You can be a part of building a fresh new brand – an opportunity you don’t get every day.
In return, we will prepare you for future opportunities to progress within the business and drive your own career; acquiring new skills and expertise along the way.
Strong Ideas. Energy. Excitement. Passion. Curiosity. These are what we look for. Unique skill sets welcome.
What will you do?
- You are a leader in defining the product directions and marketing value propositions of future Here products
- You will help shape the Here offering through deep consumer and customer understanding, in-depth competitive/industry insight and a profound knowledge of mapping trends across platforms
- You will lead the product marketing efforts for the Here Maps, related applications and work with the related product team to help lead the product definition efforts and product value proposition creation and testing
- You will be leading the product marketing efforts on a new real-time product experience for the Here location applications
- You will develop the essential set of product materials that highlight the core features and new feature set of the product offering and partner with the regional marketing teams to ensure that the constituents understand the value of our offerings
- You will lead the Here organisation on particular thought leadership topics and present to the HERE leadership team for recommendations and proposals for future products and roadmap changes. You will partner with the design and product team to develop the proposals for funding for future products including defining the feature sets, use cases and value propositions
- You are responsible for the marketing and sales-related elements of the business plans to ensure we build profitable products and customer solutions
- You represent the overall set of experiences with the events and regional go-to-market teams around product launches and our regular customer events
- You are the team operations expert and will be the liaison to the Everyday mobility (Here apps) operations team for all process activity including product reviews, new theme proposals etc.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing for Here Maps and related applications.
What we are looking for in you?
- You are a self-starter with a proven track record
- You appreciate process but can also manage ambiguity
- You have equal capacity to learn and to teach
- You have a disruptive startup mentality
- You are obsessed with making things better and are adaptive to change
Critical Competencies for Success
Inspiring your team and colleagues to reach targets according to our strategy comes easily to you because you have…
- Previous experience in management consulting, software product strategy, and product marketing are required
- MBA is preferred with technical undergraduate degree
- Partner alliance management, business development and product management skills are all welcome and needed skills
- Strong communicator. Ability to speak at CxO level meetings highlighting the product strategies and product demos is a must
- Technical acumen is required. You will be provisioning your own demo devices and need to know the golden thread to make the best of the pre-release software you will be showcasing
- Experience leading market research efforts to test product characteristics, refine value propositions is a must-have skill
- Process creation and process management will serve you well in this role
- Have the skills to lead through ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- Have ability to grasp complex concepts and turn that knowledge into decisive action that produces results
- Have proven you are a recognised thought leader
- You are ready to travel 25 per cent of your time
Send us your application today (email@example.com).
Kayak is looking for a Front-End Developer
Kayak is looking for front-end web developers, supporting UI features on KAYAK’s global websites.
Reports to: VP of Technology
Kayak Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. Cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started Kayak in 2004, and they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (Kayak.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display. Since our commercial launch in 2005, Kayak has experienced significant growth in both revenues and profitability. We are constantly innovating, developing new tools and services that improve travel, both in big ways and small, and we expect to continue to grow quickly over the next several years.
We are headquartered in Norwalk, CT and have approximately 170 employees located in our offices in Norwalk, Concord (outside of Boston), Zurich, Berlin, Munich and London.
Working at KAYAK
Kayak offers an international and entrepreneurial work environment, where employees can and are expected to work independently, quickly take on responsibility and directly contribute to our growth and success. In offering competitive salary and conditions, we are dedicated to building a team of highly talented individuals to help grow our products in Europe and beyond.
- Front-end web development, supporting UI features on Kayak’s global websites
- This position is based in our Berlin office and requires close collaboration with engineering teams in Concord, MA, USA and Kaunas, Lithuania
- We are looking for several positions, one of them being a team lead
- Team player who likes to engage with colleagues. Should be able to point to complex sites he or she has worked on, and speak competently about contemporary front-end technologies. Need to pay attention to pixel-level details and take ownership of the user experience
- Must be able to work effectively with a remote team and be self-motivated
- Fluent in English, willing to travel
- University degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years professional development experience
- Technical skills
- Intermediate Java and object-oriented design
- SQL experience a benefit, but not required
- Work with internationalisation team to localise US features
- Implement global UI features in cooperation with developers in Concord and Kaunas
- Candidates need to live in Berlin or be willing to move and be available for interviewing
- Workload: full-time
We will begin interviewing in the first week of November. Please submit your application before 13 November to be included in the initial round of interviews.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- using the job title ‘Front-end Web Developer’ in the email subject line
- include a short cover letter in the email body
- include your English CV/resume in a PDF attachment
Klarna is looking for a Business Hunter
As Key Account Manager “New Sales” you are constantly looking for new business opportunities by identifying and contacting potential customers, which are mainly medium and large German eCommerce merchants. You are identifying the decision-makers within the organisation of our potential customers and present them the advantages of Klarna in a convincing way. You build and actively maintain your network within the eCommerce business and you are a distinguished expert for payment solutions. You supervise the initiation of new business relations and once an online merchant has become our customer you continue “hunting” to find the next big deal. You will report directly to the Head of Sales Germany and you should preferably be based in one of our offices in Cologne or Berlin.
You are driven to reach the best results for the task at hand at all times. You already proved this through past successes whether it was in a similar role or first working experiences within a comparable business. Now you are ready to take the next step on your career ladder by joining our highly successful sales team in Germany. A university education or equivalent in a relevant field is beneficial to be considered for this role. You speak and write English and German fluently. To succeed in the role, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you always take the opportunity to develop yourself and Klarna. Your enthusiasm and dedication to reach challenging goals in collaboration with others are some of the qualities that characterise you.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. As an employee at one of Europe´s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. You won’t work for Klarna, you’ll work with Klarna.
Please apply via our online-jobportal at http://www.klarna.de with your CV and a motivation letter including your salary expectations as well as your earliest start date. We recommend you apply as soon as possible since selections and interviews are held continuously.
Ad2Games is looking for a Head of Business Development
- Lead, develop and train an international team of business developers and country managers (affiliates)
- Monitor, analyse and report KPIs to the Managing Directors at the headquarters in Berlin
- Manage existing and build new affiliate partnerships for Ad2games – the leading gaming ad and affiliate network in Europe and Asia
- Identify and approach new promising key account affiliates and negotiate beneficial deals
- Build and develop strong relationships with new top affiliates and media partners
- Organise events, provide educational resources and support for affiliates
- Successful track record of at least 2+ years work experience within the field of business development, preferably in a startup and gaming environment
- Among top 30 per cent of Master or Bachelor Degree, preferably with focus on business or online marketing
- Previous experience in building and leading teams or proven comparable leadership experience
- Customer and sales orientated personality
- Efficient and results-oriented working style
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive and make a successful career in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Very strong analytical and number skills combined with creativity
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense for business opportunities
What do we offer?
- Benefit from working with serial entrepreneurs who cofounded over 10 successful companies within the last eight years
- Take over responsibility in a fast-growing international internet company and contribute to further growth
- Improve your internet startup expertise and entrepreneurial skills
- Build your own top-tier, valuable network for your professional future
- Work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- Work in the startup centre of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
- Enjoy a competitive salary
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the “Code VVLovesSummer” to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.