20. September 2013–
German election day is this weekend. We understand. You’ve been keeping up with campaigns instead of looking for a job. But fear not, it’s that time of the week again – we’ve gathered the hottest startup careers in one place to make your search quicker and easier…
Source – BBC News / BBC Sport / bbc.co.uk – © 2013 BBC
Mornin’ Glory is looking for a Product Manager
Mornin’ Glory is a disruptive online brand for male grooming products. We started at the end of 2012 as a subscription service for razor blades and have since pursued our vision of providing regular guys with affordable, high-quality grooming products. We are a fun-loving, but highly performance-oriented team in the heart of Berlin and would love for you to join us!
About the offer
- The opportunity to shape the future of male grooming in Europe and disrupt a consolidated industry along the way
- Join a well-funded, high-growth eCommerce startup and help build an online brand rather than an online shop
- Free drinks in the office (we know: no big deal, but we’re trying)
- Lifetime supply of razor blades – girls, they work on your legs as well
- An office in swanky Prenzlauer Berg and a warehouse in sketchy Marzahn
- And yes, we’ll talk about compensation as well
- 3+ years of experience in product management and user experience is a must, ideally in a multinational eCommerce company
- Strong conceptional thinker with equally excellent analytical skills – it’s really about combining brand fit with a strong analytical focus
- Good understanding of customer needs and ability to speak and understand technology. Computer science background not a must
- Ability to translate the company strategy into a comprehensive set of BI tools and KPIs and to continuously optimise on those
- Passion for working with many stakeholders (eg marketing, IT, biz dev) and see the forest through the trees (customers, anyone?)
- Self-starter and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong communication and social skills
- English on a professional level
About the role
- Lead and manage – work with a team of experienced developers, designers and copywriters to develop the Mornin’ Glory brand online
- Analyse and adapt – improve the existing MG product and UX through findings from business analytics tools, as well as quantitative and qualitative user feedback
- Identify opportunities – evaluate the market and competitors as well as the MG product and pitch new product features to stakeholders
- Discovery – innovate, create concepts, wireframes and user flows to visualise your ideas and drive decisions
We want you!
If you feel you can handle the word “Mornin’ Glory” on your CV (see also http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=morning+glory), explain that to your mum and kiss goodbye to any real job out there, we should talk.
We may have a rough sense of humor, but in return offer the chance to work in a young, small and highly professional team.
We feel this is a great place for you if you already have experience in product management and now want to apply those skills as part of a venture backed early-stage eCommerce startup.
As our new product manager, you will directly report to one of our founders and work at the intersection of an experienced team of marketing professionals, developers and creative designers and copywriters.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stylight is looking for a Marketing and Communication Designer
About the offer
- A young and international team from all over Europe, to whom Stylight is much more than just the company they are working for. We are proud to bleed purple!
- Get all the hardware and gadgets you need to be productive (for example a new MacBook Pro)
- Have an awesome working environment in the heart of Munich and get all the support you need to get settled here
- We offer a competitive salary package, an attractive career path in a booming company and free German classes as well as great Stylight team events
- Want to know more? Check out: www.stylight.co.uk/About or http://www.stylight.co.uk/About/Team
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Passion for working, communicating and understanding people
- Built-in desire to maintain, build upon, and extend Stylight’s brand
- Gifted storyteller and creative communicator
- Ability to clearly and succinctly present your process, rationale and resulting work
- Understand the special needs associated with designing and producing printed collateral
- Familiarity with online and offline promotional techniques and marketing systems
- Ability to write copy in English and German
- Desired (but not required) ability to construct your work in HTML and CSS and motion design knowledge
About the role
Do you have experience working across communication, visual, and graphic design, and have an interest in web design and motion design? Do you have a passion for understanding and solving problems for people, and communicating in a way that delivers a clear and concise message? Then this job is for you!
- You work closely together with our product designers and the product manager to help people understand Stylight‘s product and brand
- You work across product, marketing and business development to create, maintain, and improve the methods and systems we use to promote Stylight
- You are in charge of all external communication including creative brand campaigns and stationary
Does that sound like the perfect job for you? Then don’t hesitate and apply today :)! We’re looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates).
Upnext is looking for an Intern – Test/QA Engineer (paid)
Up-next.com – a true pioneer in the mobile app development space based in buzzing Berlin Mitte and Warsaw – is looking for a Test/QA Engineer to support our team in an extremely fast growing mobile payment project.
About the offer
- In-depth understanding of the role of test engineer
- In-depth understanding of IT and mobile app development workflows
- Work experience with apps that are in millions of phones and how to make that happen
- Grounding in agile development and testing methodologies
- Work with an international team with English as the main language
- Collaborate with other teams
- Be part of a growing startup in Berlin
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Student or graduate of computer sciences, media, telecommunications or a similar field (or convince us why you’re great for the job anyway!)
- Interest and understanding of digital media, especially mobile apps
- Understanding of product development cycles
- Experience in coding/scripting is a plus
- Experience in Q/A and working with issue tracking tools is a plus
- Experience in mobile app development is a plus
- Spoken and written German is a plus
About the role
- Creating test cases and testing
- Manual test execution on iOS, Android and web
- Setting up automated tests
- Error reporting/verification
- Creating official reports
- Supporting project management and app development team
CulturalMe is looking for a CTO
CulturalMe is a young startup that just closed a big seed round. The startup is still in stealth mode, but generally speaking, we want to connect people through their passion for culture and help them find stuff they love. At the moment we recruit the technical team and strive to hire the best international talent we can find. If you want to create an innovative product in the social media space from the ground up, get in touch with us!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced CTO that can lead a team of five to six developers right from the beginning (of course we expect to grow in size). Experience with social networks/media, big databanks and Ruby on Rails is a big plus, but not a necessity, as we look for anybody willing to take on a challenge.
We expect that the CTO is actively involved in the development process, can lead a team and also make crucial technology decisions for scalability. We pay a competitive salary and offer equity.
Although we know that there is no shortage of demand for CTOs in Berlin, there is a shortage in original projects with international teams and that’s what CulturalMe offers. Apply to join us!
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.