Summer has well and truly hit Berlin and between attending four-day raves, fighting for a position lakeside against what seems to be the entire population of the city and travelling to yet another electro festival, you might think there’s no space in your life for a job right now. But in case your pockets are starting to feel a little light, you’ve come to the right place: we’ve gathered a selection of the best startup jobs going in Berlin. And don’t worry, none are in customer service…
Blinkist is looking for a Lead Designer
Blinkist’s mission is to enable people to access great knowledge easily in an environment of ever-growing information and rapidly changing reading habits. By crafting nonfiction into a “made for mobile” format, and building products that ensure a smooth reading experience, Blinkist supports the pursuit of continuous learning.
For us, design plays a crucial role to our success and is more than Photoshop. Every decision made from user flows to copywriting affects the people using Blinkist. We ideate, we prototype, we iterate, and we get feedback from real people. We’re proud of what we shipped but continuously try to improve our products. Become a part of this journey and help us shape the future of Blinkist as our new Lead Designer.
About the role
- Help us carve out a consistent design profile across our mobile apps and online presence which appeals to the eye as well as the mind
- Help us build a sophisticated user experience in all our products
- You’ll be designing our products, ranging from smartphone and tablet apps for both, iOS and Android, to our website and visuals for social media and advertising
- You’re passionate about creating beautiful and appropriate interfaces and have experience with interaction design
- You have designed for mobile and web and know the constraints and opportunities of both worlds
- You’ve worked on a shipped product and can point us to it
- Huge plus if you prototype your own designs and have experience with existing prototype software and/or HTML and CSS
About the offer
At Blinkist, you have the chance to work on solving a very strong customer pain and be among the pioneers in a new, dynamically growing market. We’re a diverse, smart and ambitious team that is striving to build a globally leading player in the field of short-form, mobile-native content. We offer a workspace that is fun, inspiring and provides a great environment for learning and self-improvement. All of this in the heart of Berlin, with unlimited supply of coffee, healthy snacks, fun team events, and the latest Mac gear.
If you are interested submit your CV and relevant documents to Holger: email@example.com
HitFox ad2games is looking for a Senior Product Manager
About the role
- Take ownership for developing a state of the art gaming ad and affiliate network with different sub-products
- Conceptualise features improving the ad delivery (data analysis, targeting, revenue optimisation) and suggest further product evolution
- Prioritise features and set implementation roadmap together with the IT
- Coordinate ongoing development with the IT Team
- Optimise features based on KPIs, A/B Tests & UX Tests
- Among the top 20% of Master or Bachelor Degree of one of the leading universities, with focus on information systems, computer science, business administration or other related fields
- 3+ years of work experience within the field of product management, product analysis, requirements engineering and/or Affiliate Marketing
- Experience in Agile development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in the field of ad- and affiliate networks / ad technology
- Very strong analytical and number skills, experience with metric-based decision making is a plus
- Very good communication skills, fluency in English is a must, a team player
- Entrepreneurial drive to create products with the best user experience
- Motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
Preferred additional skills:
Experience in working with external development resources
About the offer
- Benefit from working closely with several serial entrepreneurs who started 10+ successful companies
- Take over responsibility of ad2games’ product activities in a fast growing international internet company
- Get insights into Berlin’s start-up scene and access to a well-established network
- Expand your product management skills and gain more ad and affiliate network knowledge
- Work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- Work in the start-up center of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
- Competitive remuneration package
Interested? Submit your CV along with relevant university and working documents here: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=o6DrWfwQ&s=Venture Village
Leapforce is looking for a Search Engine Evaluator
About the role
This position is restricted to current residents of Germany with an Android smartphone. This is a Personalised Search Engine Evaluator position. As a Personalised Search Engine Evaluator, you will be given tasks that are generated from your personalised content based on your Google account linked to your Gmail address that you use to register with Leapforce.
Ideal candidates will be highly active users of Google’s search engine and other products; use Google Play at least once per week; use Google+ more than once per month and have more than 11 people per circle and have a Gmail account with web history turned on.Candidates are required to use an Android smartphone, not provided, to complete the evaluation work. Only Android smartphones are acceptable, tablets and other smart devices do not qualify at this time.
- Have in-depth, up-to-date familiarity with German social culture, media, and web culture
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in German and English
- Broad range of interests, with specific areas of expertise a plus
- University degree or equivalent experience (degrees in-progress are acceptable). Advanced degrees a plus
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess a high speed internet connection (DSL, Cable Modem, etc.)
- Search Engine Evaluators are required to have currently lived in Germany for a minimum of five consecutive years to ensure cultural familiarity
About the offer
Leapforce is looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. This is an opportunity to evaluate and improve the results for one of the world’s largest internet search engine companies. Search Engine Evaluators will need to combine a passion for analysis with an understanding of various online research tools. Applicants must be detail oriented and have a broad range of interests.
Search Engine Evaluators provide feedback on search engine results by measuring the relevance and usefulness of web pages in correlation to predefined queries, by providing comparative analysis of sets of search engine results and various other techniques.All candidates are required to take and pass a qualification exam before becoming a Search Engine Evaluator. There are three parts to the exam: a theoretical component and two practical components. Supplied study materials can be used during the exam.
Please Note: We are unable to offer more than one Search Engine Evaluator position per IP address.
Interested? Apply online at: https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job/27?sref=21075b10865d1c3cbf390ec705535091
Epic Companies is looking for a Java (Senior) Developer
EPIC COMPANIES is the new company builder accelerator and incubator of ProSiebenSat.1 for eCommerce Start-ups, based in Berlin. We aim to identify and realise at least five exciting online business concepts with strong value creation models each year. For our young and dynamic team we are looking for support in the area of IT.
About the role
- Development of applications in the web area and/or stand-alone solutions
- Implementation of new and the extension of existing components, including specification analysis, technical conception, estimation of efforts, implementations and quality assurance.
- Design and implementation of interfaces.
- Full responsibility and ownership, from the technical conception, over to the realisation, to the roll-out of the product
- Ability to integrate existing technologies to lever yourself
- Create smart solutions for competing with the big players
- Degree in computer sciences or similar, ideally with a major in software development
- At least five years intensive object oriented programming (design and programming)
- Good knowledge of current Java technologies (Java 7) in general and JEE 6 in detail (EJB 3+, JMS, JPA, JAX-RS)
- Experience with JEE 6 and Enterprise Patterns.
- Excellent skilled in an IDE, like Eclipse or Netbeans and tools like Maven, Subversion/Git and Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience with popular JEE containers (preferable Glassfish 3.1+/4) and model driven development (MDA, MDSD) is an advantage
- Ideally, you already have experience in distributed programming
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to improve the components steadily
- High level knowledge of German and/or English (spoken and written)
About the offer
What sets us apart…
EPIC COMPANIES builds on a unique combination of resources from the start: substantial seed financing, unparalleled customer reach via TV advertisement and brand-building capabilities through our partner ProSiebenSat.1 as well as extensive entrepreneurial expertise. We build on functional know-how, deep industry knowledge, and rigorous execution.
About the role…
Working in a great team, in an enjoyable place, where every day is a step-up opportunity. There is constantly the chance to take on more responsibility and develop your skillset further. We always thrive to learn something new. And we’re excited by seeing and doing things differently.
What we look for…
We ask for excitement, excellence, humour and passion. We value integrity. We like light-heartedness. We love to work with ambitious people with a can-do-attitude, without fear of taking risks and who are confident decision makers. Are you up to the challenge?
Feel free to contact us for further information or send your application directly to: Helga Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org