23. August 2013–
Summer’s nearly over and rather than spending winter miserably cooped up inside with nothing to do, get a head start on your job hunt by checking out our Jobs of the Week.
Oh, but a little tip – if you do get an interview, try not to do any of the following. Here’s a couple of our favourite “alternative” job interview tips from Michael Spicer’s concise guide:
Say “I hope to become part of the furniture here.” Then crouch into a ball pretending to be a pouffe and never move again.
When asked where you see yourself in 5 years, say “owner of a B&B for cats” and tap your nose like you know the market.
Project A is looking for an Online Marketing Intern
For one of our startups we are looking to fill the following position as soon as possible.
About the role:
- Support the implementation and optimisation of Online Marketing Campaigns in close cooperation with skilled experts of our Online Marketing department
- Participation in various projects in the field of SEO, SEA, Affiliate/cooperation, Display/banner advertising and tracking/business intelligence
- Independent implementation of analyses and determination of actions required
- You have graduated from high school or are enrolled in economics or communication and media science at an accredited college/FH or university
- You are proficient in MS-Office and have a high internet affinity
- You work in an independent, well-structured and responsible manner while being enthusiastic about creative and new ideas
- You have an outstanding willingness to learn, are very flexible and creative with strong interpersonal skills
- You are fluent in English and have ideally good german language skills
About the offer:
- You will join a highly professional and motivated team
- You will have the unique opportunity to witness the launch of a newly established company and you can contribute your own ideas to its development
- You will benefit from the greatest possible creative freedom to develop your skills further
- You will enjoy a state-of-the-art, top-equipped workplace right in the center of Berlin
- You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating and inspiring environment
Interested? We’re looking forward to your online application.
Epic Companies needs a Java Team Lead / Project CTO
EPIC COMPANIES is the new company builder accelerator and incubator of ProSiebenSat.1 for eCommerce Start-ups, based in Berlin. We aim to identify and realise at least five exciting online business concepts with strong value creation models each year. For our young and dynamic team we are looking for support in the area of IT Java Department.
About the role:
- Technical responsibility for a highly motivated Java team that implements complex Java projects
- Responsible to define the technical requirements and to work closely with the CTO on business solutions and project plans
- Ensuring that everyone follows the architecture guidelines and that a high quality standard is realised
- Documentation and presentation of project results in front of the managing board and the CTO
- Willing to take a role as a venture CTO in the near future
- Degree in (business-) informatics/ computer sciences or related sciences, ideally with a major in software development/ engineering
- At least five years intensive object oriented programming (design and programming) and good knowledge of current Java technologies (Java 7) and JEE 6 in general
- Profound knowledge in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in project management and development projects in Java
- High level knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
About the offer
…WHAT SETS US APART
EPIC COMPANIES builds on a unique combination of resources from the start: substantial seed financing, unparalleled customer reach via TV advertisement and brand-building capabilities through our partner ProSiebenSat.1 as well as extensive entrepreneurial expertise. We build on functional know-how, deep industry knowledge, and rigorous execution.
…WHAT WE OFFER
Working in a great team, in an enjoyable place, where every day is a step-up opportunity. There is constantly the chance to take on more responsibility and develop your skillset further. We always thrive to learn something new. And we’re excited by seeing and doing things differently.
…WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We ask for excitement, excellence, humor and passion. We value integrity. We like light- heartedness. We love to work with ambitious people with a can-do-attitude, without fear of taking risks and who are confident decision makers. Are you up to the challenge?
If you think you are, feel free to contact us for further information or send your application directly to: Helga Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org
KaufDa is looking for an Editorial Office/Content Management employee
Here at BIG (Bonial International Group) we bridge the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds.What began in late 2008 in a shared flat has grown into a global company with offices on three continents.
Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, BIG has more than 250 employees worldwide. Our innovative solutions set the standards – we are one of the leading mobile companies in Europe and operate one of the biggest websites in each country whose market we have entered. We work with the largest blue chip retailers around the world. This is the result of the dedication, desire and diligence of an international team of personalities brimming with creativity and drive.We believe that the sky is the limit for our product and because of this, BIG is in a constant state of change and improvement.
Today, with Axel Springer AG as our primary shareholder, the company is more committed than ever. The limitless energy and hands-on involvement of the people here at kaufDA in Germany, at Bonial France, at Ofertia Spain, at Lokata Russia and Guiato in Brazil have created a promising future for all our users and clients worldwide. Think BIG.
Take a ride down Berlin’s Silicon Allee! We’re on the lookout for a motivated and creative editorial officer to help us as we expand our operations. If you like breaking new ground and working on creative solutions for a new and ambitious project, read on…
About the role
- Support the team in the implementation and timely updating of web content
- Take care of linking and tagging web content in our Content Management System
- Carry out tasks of picture editing (when needed, assuming previous knowledge)
- Support the team in error checking and quality management
- Constantly work on the improvement of our data quality and the expansion of our data base
- You are a student, just finished your studies and/or already have gained experience in the field of editorial office / content management
- Are experienced in using internet and standard office applications
- Ideally already have a basic knowledge of CMS or CRM
- are Native Swedish, Norwegian, English, Hungarian or Dutch speaker
- work logically and structured and you have an eye for detail
- are a real team player
About the offer
- an exciting position with the chance to prove yourself in a challenging environment
- independent work and confrontation with various tasks
- space for ideas and project responsibility
- a convenient office location in the center of Berlin with great public transport connections
- a strong team spirit which includes regular team events and TGIF-Events
- a highly motivated and ambitious working atmosphere in an international team that is rapidly growing
- an extensive on-the-job training, a flexible working time model and the opportunity to develop additional skills as well
Interested? Apply here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/kaufDA/73134417-editorial-office-content-management-position
HitFox ad2games is looking for a Senior Product Manager
- Take ownership for developing a state of the art gaming ad and affiliate network with different sub-products
- Conceptualize features improving the ad delivery (data analysis, targeting, revenue optimization) and suggest further product evolution
- Prioritize features and set implementation roadmap together with the IT
- Coordinate ongoing development with the IT Team
- Optimise features based on KPIs, A/B Tests & UX Tests
- Among top 20 per cent of Master or Bachelor Degree of one of the leading universities, with focus on information systems, computer science, business administration or other related fields
- 3+ years of work experience within the field of product management, product analysis, requirements engineering and/or Affiliate Marketing
- Experience in Agile development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in the field of ad- and affiliate networks / ad technology
- Very strong analytical and number skills, experience with metric-based decision making is a plus
- Very good communication skills, fluency in English is a must, a team player
- Entrepreneurial drive to create products with the best user experience
- Motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
Preferred additional skills:
Experience in working with external development resources
About the offer
- Benefit from working closely with several Serial Entrepreneurs who started 10+ successful companies
- Take over responsibility of ad2games’ Product activities in a fast growing international internet company
- Get insights into Berlin’s start-up scene and access to a well-established network
- Expand your Product Management skills and gain more Ad and Affiliate network knowledge
- Work with a highly motivated and skilled team of young top performers
- Work in the start-up center of Berlin-Mitte, the European Silicon Valley
- Competitive remuneration package
Interested? - Submit your CV along with relevant university and working documents online: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=o6DrWfwQ&s=Venture Village