10. January 2014–
Sick of nothing to do but complain about the depressing Berlin weather? Think you might as well cure your boredom by getting back into the workforce? VentureVillage is here to help you do just that. We have a wrap-up of the hottest startup jobs of the week so all you have to do is get applying. And remember, always be fearless in your job interview – if you need some inspiration this brave man should do it for you…
Visual Meta is looking for Java Developers
We are looking for Java Developers on a full-time basis to help us improve, extend and scale awesome web services for our leading shopping comparison platforms in Europe, LadenZeile.de and ShopAlike.
We deal a lot with images, search technologies, large databases and modern web technologies such as HTML5, jQuery and CSS3. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, Spring, Eclipse and Tomcat (JSP).
- Implementation and quality management of new features
- Landing page optimisation, AB-Testing and analysis
- Internationalisation, roll-out in further countries
- Technical online marketing
- Decent experience in Java
- Highly motivated and love writing software
- Analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” mentality
- University degree or similar in the engineering space, ideally computer science
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- Unique career opportunities in a fast growing startup
- Start: as soon as possible
- Integration into a committed, successful and international team
- Opportunity to work independently and gain further insight into the field of eCommerce
- We encourage learning and the exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Large impact due to small, excellent dev. teams
- Employ leading-edge technology to solve challenging problems and build great software
- Think big and scale out your software in professional data centre environments
- Healthy snacks (fruits, cereals), water and hot drinks
- Team Events, corporate events and leisure activities
If you are interested in an exciting position in a great team, we are looking forward to receiving your application via email (Please don’t forget the subject: “Frontend Developer”) to: Johannes Schaback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include: application, cover letter and CV (both in English) as well as relevant references, certificates, salary expectation and earliest starting date. Check out www.visual-meta.com|www.ladenzeile.de.
Timing Architects is looking for a Field Application Engineer
Timing Architects Embedded Systems GmbH (TA) is an awarded high-tech start-up specialised on optimising real-time behaviour of multicore and manycore systems. With its unique simulation and optimisation tools TA has a leading position in the area of model-based embedded multicore tools. For our young and dynamic team in Regensburg we are searching for a Field Application Engineer (m/f).
- Passionate Evangelist of the TA technology in the outside world
- Execution of trainings and product presentations in cooperation with our sales team on site, via WebEx and at exhibitions
- Support the marketing and sales department with your technical expertise
- Technical writing, including whitepapers and the preparation of presentations
- Support of customers (e.g. modeling of the customers system and TA tool related topics, in-house and at customer site) in cooperation with the product management and development team
- Customisation (in-house development or scripting) for customer specific cases
- Collect ideas from customers and the market, and introducing them to the product manager and the development team
- Discover and communicate potential sales opportunities
- Consulting regarding multicore software/hardware architecture
- Engineer (Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering)
- Experience in multiple customer focused projects and interaction with customers
- Strong background in Automotive Embedded Systems
- Solid programming skills: C/C++, Java (EMF)
- Fluent in German and very good oral and written English
Are you ready to join and become a Timing-Architect? We are looking forward to your application! Please refer to job code TA-J1011.
SPORTFIVE is looking for an Intern (Digital New Business Unit)
SPORTFIVE – Establishing valuable partnerships
SPORTFIVE, the leading sports marketing group in the European market, covers the full spectrum of sports rights marketing – from international media rights trading to stadium advertising, jersey sponsorship and hospitality programmes. SPORTFIVE has more than 25 years of experience in the field. In Germany, the agency is in charge of all marketing for 14 professional football clubs, including Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg SV. In Germany, SPORTFIVE employs more than 230 marketing and sales experts at more than 15 sites. In addition to its core business of football, the sports rights agent is also involved in winter sports, handball and motorsport. SPORTFIVE is a company of Lagardère Unlimited.
During your internship you will be an integral part of the Digital New Business Unit of SPORTFIVE, which is responsible for the analysis and execution of digital growth projects throughout the whole company and its subsidiaries.
Your main tasks will be
- Active market screening in order to identify new trends, potential targets and disruptive market solutions within the digital international sports world.
- Scoring of various ideas, business opportunities and targets with the objective of identifying new projects that fit into SPORTFIVE’s digital portfolio
- Scaling new projects from birth to market entry
- Supporting SPORTFIVE’s digital business units, national as well as international
- Scoping: Continuous strategy (re-)defining based on knowledge and experience gained throughout all processes.
- Strong organisational, strategic research and analytical skills, preferably proven through working experience at a consulting firm or investment bank
- Digital experience, preferably at a startup/ VC company or as an entrepreneur
- Awareness of key trends and business models in digital media market
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to achieve goals in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a hands-on mentality
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Bachelor degree or just about to graduate
- Good knowledge of English
- Passion for sports
Contact person: Ines Dittman – Apply via job link: www.sportfive.de/karriere
Small Improvements needs a Java Web Developer
You’ll be in charge of demanding medium-sized code projects right away and we’ll increase the task size a little every week, until you can work and lead major development efforts independently. You will demo your new features to clients and gather feedback from them. You will mentor our more junior developers, and propose sweeping architectural changes. You’ll work on tough scalability and performance problems, and challenges like “denormalisation vs eventual consistency”. We value team work, code reviews and honest feedback, but everyone has to be able to work independently as well. Despite the leadership part, this is a very hands-on position.
We’re constantly evolving: We’re adding new features and improving existing ones, optimising our database and algorithms, refactoring the service layer, culling old code, raising the security bar, and we’re rethinking usability all the time. We use Google App Engine, Apache Wicket, jQuery, LESS and lots of jUnit. We’re moving to a RESTful architecture using Angular.js now.
You’re encouraged to blog on our tech blog and to attend Barcamps, Meetups and Conferences. We sent two people to jQuery Europe in Vienna for instance, we sponsored RejectJS Berlin, Uncubed, BEDcon, and several others. The entire company spent October in New York for our company all-hands meeting.
You love to code and you can prove it! You have three or more years of work experience in demanding full-time positions, and several more years as a freelancer during uni. Our other core requirement is that you’ve developed projects of your own. Show us apps or games you wrote for fun, or Open Source projects you contributed to. Non-Java OOP languages are fine too.
This is a position in Berlin. You can work from home frequently, take extended leave, or work only four days a week. We don’t have deadlines, and we’re very flexible. However, the position is mainly in Berlin, and you need to be able to drop by for the trial work, and we cannot help you with visa matters. You’ll need basic German skills as well. While our intranet and software is in English, and we all understand English well, you’ll feel left out if you aren’t able to pick up what we’re talking about in general. You don’t need to be fluent yet, but a desire to improve your German is expected.
Send your applications here: email@example.com
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there.
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.