14. February 2014–
It's time for you to kickstart your career in a startup. Luckily for you, we've done the hard work and brought together a list of the hottest startup jobs going – all that's left for you to do is to get your applications ready! And who knows, if you make sure you're always working and learning new things you might turn out to be just as switched on at 100 as these two lovely ladies...
devbliss is looking for a Frontend Developer
devbliss is a core software unit for the Holtzbrinck publishing group. As you may know the group covers publishers and content providers all over the world. Education and science are at the very core of the company and we will be part of revolutions in both of them. The world is changing and we are right at the heart of that change improving the present and future.
We're looking for people who value and love clean markup and CSS. As a frontend developer working at devbliss, you will be responsible for giving our apps that perfect polished look.
What you will do
- Work in a small, cross-functional team with Frontend and Backend Developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner.
- Deliver performing and beautiful webinterfaces
- Work with and challenge the latest Frontend technologies and best practices with your team.
We’re interested in hiring people that have the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge in HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with responsive web design and cross-browser development
- Up to date knowledge of best practices for developing web applications, single page apps
- A passion for proper user interfaces and user experience
- Conversant in situations that demand to either speak German or English
We also highly value these qualities:
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Happy to present at user groups and conferences
Cogeon is looking needs a Business Analyst for its App MATH42
With our app MATH 42 having been the most sold iOS-App in Germany and other countries for a significant amount of time and with our new way of approaching the problem, we are revolutionizing math education all over the world.
We're trying to double this success in different key markets over the world, especially in the US and in Asia. Basis for the next steps will be profound data of these markets as well as reaching out to the blogosphere, press and the key education players.
Working with us, you'll get the opportunity to generate real impact on what is the future of education.
- Collect data about the blogosphere, press and education institutions in the US, Asia and other areas in the world
- Develop and execute a plan how to succeed in these markets
What we expect
- Deep marketing understanding
- Studies in economics
- Very good or native level of English
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with a friendly and open minded team
- Insight into the mechanics of an exciting and somehow different startup
- Flexible working hours
- Starting immediately, (15-20 hours per week at 2-4 days per week)
- Become a full member of out team
- Cogeon is a self financed startup based in Berlin
- Cogeon is founded by Thomas, Maxim, Raphael and Oxana Nitsche
About MATH 42
MATH 42 for iPhone and iPad helps 6th to 12th grade students solving their math homework
- by presenting them with intelligent suggestions, showing them how to solve a problem
- by giving detailed, illustrated step by step solutions
- and an easy, simple way of entering your problem without the need of complicated commands
Mathematics and expensive tutoring are the Nr. 1 problem of parents and students. MATH 42 is the answer to this problem by basically eliminating the need for an expensive tutor. It is always close at hand and accessible thanks to its offline operation.
Bertelsmann India Investments is offering an Investment Internship
The internship at BII offers you an opportunity to gain deep insights in the Indian education, digital and media sectors. You will become an expert on the Indian market development in these fields. Your knowledge will form the basis for one of your main tasks at BII, conducting in-depth analysis of investment opportunities. For this you will also employ your skills in financial modelling and return analysis.
As BII is a part of Bertelsmann, you will not only benefit from working closely together in a small team, but also get a grasp of what it means to be part of a global media company. Sharing know-how with Bertelsmann employees all over the world on a regular basis, you will get the chance to work on strategic initiatives that will drive growth for Bertelsmann in India.
To ensure a good learning experience, the duration of your internship should ideally not be less than six months.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor / adequate undergraduate degree with top academic results from leading universities, ideally with finance focus
- First experience in investment banking / private equity / M&A with knowledge of financial modeling, investment analysis and company profiling preferred
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of business and analytical software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management skills, written analytical, interpersonal skills and effective decision making, planning and organization skills
- Comfortable working in a high energy, quickly changing and demanding environment
- Very good English language skills
- Strong team player
- Interest in the Indian culture and / or first experience in Asia / India
Who we are
India is a core market for Bertelsmann’s growth strategy. Bertelsmann is represented in the Country by its India Corporate Center which helps the existing businesses to formulate growth strategies and to help new group businesses to enter the market as well as identify investment opportunities for the group in India through its investment arm Bertelsmann India Investments (BII). BII focuses on growth investments in digital, education, media and services sectors in India.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and attachments) to Stefan Grabmann (email@example.com).
Benify is looking for a Sales Consultant
- A unique opportunity to join a newly founded subsidiary of a successful and fast growing IT-company.
- An accelerated career program with international possibilities.
- B2B strategic sales and business development.
Benify is a fast growing IT-Company in the HR-sector. We are specialists in employee benefit management and provide our clients with a product that enables them to visualize, administrate and control their benefits in a very innovative way. We are proud that our solutions help our customers to increase their attractiveness as an employer and that we make it easier for them to keep, attract and motivate their employees. Today we are working with some of the largest and most well-known companies in Europe and we see our opportunities in the future as endless.
The Benify success story started in 2004 in Sweden and we are now expanding our business internationally in a rapid pace. During the last years we opened new offices in Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Amsterdam and we are now looking for smart and enthusiastic young professionals to strengthen our newly founded team in Munich and to be part of the German success story.
What we are looking for
Are you highly motivated and entrepreneurial? Are you eager to face the challenge of building a new market? Do you believe in team spirit and business fun? Then you might be right person to join our team!
A Benifyer is happy, positive and always has the customer in mind. Benify believes in people, and we will always look more on your potential than your previous experiences. Our communication paths are short; hence you will have the opportunity to influence the decision making and course of our company.
We want our employees to develop in a rapid pace so that they are able to shoulder more responsibilities within a short period of time and move up to management levels. We are looking for dedicated and ambitious young professionals who are eager to work hard and contribute to the overall growth of our company. You will be playing a key role in Munich, helping to further develop our footprint in Europe.
- Business to business strategic sales
- Developing the market strategy for Benify Easy in Germany
- Analysing client needs to develop customized benefit solutions
- Negotiating contracts with executives
- Developing your own customer portfolio
- Fun and international work atmosphere
- The opportunity to form the German market as part of our founding team
- Continuous training throughout your career
- Accelerated leadership & promotion programs
- Huge career opportunities
- Competitive salaries and benefits
Skills & Qualifications
- Very good university degree (any discipline)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: keen interest in business on a local, regional and global level
- Strong communication & analytical skills
- Extraordinary interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Natural leadership qualities
- Hands-on personality
- Ability to think out of the box and develop new ideas
- Fluent in German and English
- Sales experience is preferred, but not mandatory
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 9th of March 2014. Our recruitment sessions will take place the 13th and 14th of March 2014 in Munich.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.