22. March 2013–
If the belated spring weather is stifling your job search, take a gander at our latest rundown of the hottest startup careers in Europe. And don’t forget to start the weekend on the right foot… by watching this epic tech rap battle between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates:
6 Minutes Media is looking for a Product Manager
We are a young but well-established startup incubator focused on eCommerce. Our web and mobile-based projects belong to the biggest and fastest growing ventures in Germany – but that’s not enough! We want to improve our work, expand and create new exciting things! Our flagship product is mydealz.de, the leading deals and bargains portal in Germany.
Are you passionate about the web, usability and online communities? Then we need YOU! Help us make our products better.
You would meet with the founders and product owners to discuss new features, document their requirements and work with our designers to create the needed wireframes. Afterwards, you will turn them into user stories and describe its functionality.
Together with the designers, you’ll work on improving the overall usability of our products and work closely with the coders during each development phase. You’ll devise and monitor multivariate and split tests, perform market research and optimise user engagement. Monitoring our product and feature performance metrics is another basic part of the job.
About the benefits
- Any tech equipment/gadgets you want
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate people to work with
- Great office on Torstraße, Mitte – in the heart of the Berlin startup scene
- Monthly hackdays for learning new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
- 3+ years experience with product management or product design on the web
- Strong understanding of web architecture and web technologies
- Experience with UI design
- Experience with social networking platforms
- Experience creating user stories
- Good understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with analytical tools like Piwik or Google Analytics
- Interest in bargain-hunting!
If you are interested in working with us please send your application to email@example.com
Blank Page is looking for a Sales Manager
Plinga is looking for an intern – business development
Does working with the best game developers on the most successful games published on all major social networks and browser game portals around the globe sound like an amazing job opportunity to you?
Then become a part of Plinga – Europe’s leading publisher of social online games with more than 20 games published on 200 social networks and browser game portals, played by over 30 million users every month.
Join our truly international team at our head office in Berlin as an intern in Business Development.
About the benefits
- A young, creative and international team
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Flexible working hours, a great atmosphere and an excellent work environment
- Explore your opportunities in one of the most exciting markets the new economy has to offer
- Be in Berlin – Europe’s most fascinating city with low cost of living and high quality of life
- Potential for future employment at Plinga
About the role
- You will assist the Head of Business Development in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- You will independently manage different projects in various areas (such as product, sales or marketing) in close collaboration with the Head of Business Development
- You will conduct marketing research within the game industry and identify and evaluate new business opportunities
- You are pursuing or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Have relevant experience in business development and /or sales
- Well-structured with outstanding analytical skills, independent and highly motivated
- Strong internet affinity and high level MS Office skills (especially Excel and Word)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong initiative and problem-solving capability
- International mind-set and excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Passion for games
We look forward to your application in English or German, including your cover letter, CV and relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org!