28. June 2013–
Did someone say "Jobs"? Yes, it's time to look at some of the hottest positions in the startup world this week. And for some added inspiration on what it takes to think different, here's a sneak preview of Ashton playing the other Jobs in the up-and-coming biopic. "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes..."
Startupbootcamp needs a Founder in Residence (Coding) (m/f)
Startupbootcamp is a high-pressure environment – a place that energises everyone who joins. We believe in learning by doing and we measure people by how far they walk the talk.
There will be many opportunities, but it’s your job to seize them. You’ll get to meet and learn from amazing people and accelerate yourself alongside super-talented teams. Our team needs people that realise the value in that. Think of it as an MBA you get paid to do. We’re looking for people to assist the teams during the program – if you’re looking to join one of ten awesome startups, this is your best bet.
You’re an awesome coder – if you want a regular safe job, earning lots of money, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one in Berlin. If you want to support ten startups shooting for the stars for three months, and then pick which one to join, come to Startupbootcamp Berlin. In the upcoming program we will have ten first-class founder teams on a mission to disrupt the world of mobility, connectivity and big data. Great ideas need great minds!
What you’re awesome at
- You have a track record of amazing Projects, Apps, Web Pages – you name it
- You dream in multiple coding languages
- You are a team player and you’re able to work on projects under time pressure
- Ideally, you already have experience in the startup world
- You’re ambitious and highly motivated
- You’re an analytical thinker and you adapt quickly to complex tasks
Our side of the bargain
- Connecting and working closely with 30+ founders
- Learn as much in three months as you would otherwise learn in one year
- An amazing team. Come and meet us, and make up your mind!
- Free lunches and one amazing breakfast every week
- You will be working in one of the coolest coworking spaces in Berlin (unwind with hammocks, beanbags, kicker table, ping pong, Skype booths, Playstation 3 with a 40” TV, kitchen and bar)
- Very flexible working hours. You manage your own time, so if you want to work on the balcony, just make sure you’re on Skype to stay in touch
If you're interested, send you resume and CV to email@example.com
Yuilop needs a PR & Media Freelancer for Germany (m/f)
Yuilop is looking for a PR/writer freelancer (m/f) €2k for approx 40 hrs of work per month – to help create buzz around our cloud-based communications app and foster media releations in Germany.
The ultimate goal is gaining more users for the app and communications service and we'll give you some flexibility in how you think it is best to achieve that, but as a minimum we expect you to:
- Have press and blogger contacts in the tech and lifestyle/consmer press
- Publish at least one press release per month
- Generate and pitch story ideas to consumer press (and bloggers), business, tech, social and advertising
- Communicate with HQ in English
- Be a native German speaker
You are flexible, understand the startup scene, like technology, are a go-getter, an excellent writer in German, have experience launching products, up-to-date on new media (though not expected to do social media). It would be great if you lived in Berlin, as we go there often, but really you could be anywhere so long as you can reach us – using Yuilop of course. :)
If you are interested please send your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nova Founders is looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence for Southeast Asia (m/f)
Nova Founders supports promising online business models worldwide. We help young internet companies towards global growth and have successfully built a range of multinational businesses with teams across multiple geographies.
Nova Founders works with passionate and capable entrepreneurs, and provides the ongoing financial, operational, marketing and development support they need to be successful. Join us and work with us on the next amazing internet ventures!
You have a degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent and you were at the top of your class. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and hold experience from relevant positions or internships. You are a natural leader, hardworking, ambitious, very structured and an inspired person with a lot of visions and ideas. Written and oral fluency in English is required.
About the offer
- A position in an international work environment with great opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility and a steep learning curve.
- An amazing network – you will be in direct contact with CEOs, Managing Directors, CMOs and senior marketing executives across a diverse range of industries.
- Invaluable insights to all relevant aspects of running a company.
About the role
- As an Entrepreneur in Residence you will be responsible for specific areas, but will be involved in each aspect of the company.
- Take over your own project, where you will be responsible for: ie leading a team or working out strategic plans in the areas of eg business development, online marketing etc.
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the Managing Director and Vice President.
How to apply
If you would like to become part of Nova Founders then please send an email to email@example.com with a short cover letter as soon as possible. Interviews are conducted within one to two weeks of application submission.
Uber wants a General Manager (Hamburg / Zurich / Köln-Düsseldorf / Frankfurt) (m/f)
Uber is inviting high-achieving VentureVillage readers to apply for General Manager roles in Hamburg, Zurich, Köln-Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.
The City General Manager at Uber is by far the most demanding position we have to offer – it requires high degrees of talent, guts and leadership. As the GM of Uber in one of the major international cities, you will be responsible for the development and growth of our business in the city. Essentially, you will be rolling out a new transportation system in your local metropolis.
The core of Uber is in the city team – led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It’s a big idea. The qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sound like you?
About the offer
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground-floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- Compensation: Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan
- 6+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions-driven mindset with a “get shit done” attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey badger
About the role
This, first and foremost, is a role for a strong marketer focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you’ll also be responsible for operations and maintaining "Uber" quality throughout the rider’s experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a focus on quality are the name of the game.
We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on. And it’s the mix of analytical with creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you.
- Work with the launch team to roll out Uber in your city
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (ie Uber’s driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and politics
- Communicate product/process needs to the HQ and work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
Interested? Feel free to contact us for further information or send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org