21. June 2013–
It’s summer solstice – the longest day of the year! – but before you get too get excited about partying until the wee hours, make sure you get the serious stuff done first. To ease the job hunt, we’ve rounded up of the hottest startup jobs in Europe. And if you’re thinking of shifting into a more tech-related career (say, a programmer) don’t forget to take a peek at our 10 awesome, affordable ways to learn new tech skills…
Kreditech is looking for a Head of HR
Are you passionate about getting to know new people and their different backgrounds? Do you have experience in hiring mid- and upper-level management on an international level? Are you fed up with the “boring” recruiting-only tasks in a normal HR department where others make the final decisions?
Want to join one of the hottest German startups and drive our success with the most talented people available on the job market?
Then this is the chance you have been waiting for – join our team now! We are one of the hottest German startups with a unique combination of experienced investors. We have a cool young team, a vibrant company culture and a luxurious office in HafenCity.
We are looking for a talented Head of Human Resources to fill one of our key positions – responsible for the basis of our success: talented people and the right team. We aren’t focused on formal education – we are looking for skilled, versatile, friendly and passionate people!
About the offer
- Be the heartbeat of an international team (12 different nationalities) and be responsible for recruiting, management of team, company morale etc
- Manage the growth of our most important asset – the team
- Shape the culture of what will be a big international company in the next couple of years
- Grow with the company – we are currently hiring two people per week and experience the hottest phase of a startup: strong growth, proven product, profitable but not yet a boring corporation
- Work in one of the coolest German startup offices in Hamburg— downtown in HafenCity
- Learn a lot! We have many options and ideas for new projects that will challenge your abilities
- You have successfully completed your studies in economics, management, psychology or equivalent – ideally with a major in HR/employer branding
- You have worked in a leading position of a HR department – an asset if you have previously worked in HR at a startup
- You are able to remain calm, keep the big picture in mind, navigate confidently on an international stage and speak English and German fluently
- You know recruiting processes (and challenges) by heart
- You are proficient in talent management and feedback processes
- You are open-minded, cheerful and sensitive to others’ needs, love to work with others and bring along a high service-level orientation
- You adapt easily and don’t have a problem with changing targets as well as dealing with a high volume of applicants and profiles
- You are confident and know how to “sell” your company and ideas to talented candidates
- You have strong communication skills and are able push your your ideas to implementation
- You are excellent in working with MS Office; ideally you have already worked with WordPress and another CMS
About your role
- You will be responsible for creating the right recruiting strategy (partly together with our top management team, partly on your own) and follow it accordingly
- Together with your team, you will be responsible for the whole recruiting cycle – starting with the creation of profiles, conducting interviews (Skype, phone, personal), checking the qualification of candidates as well as the deciding on the final hire and onboarding
- You will work closely together with all the different stakeholders within Kreditech, including business development, management and online marketing in order to identify and specify needs as well as target new hires
- You will be the heart and soul of Kreditech and the one taking care of all employees’ matters, including the organisation of 360° feedback talks and talent management
- You will be doing salary slips and payroll, working with our external tax agency, and developing bonus-systems and incentive programs, such as team events, apartments, travel, etc
- You will continuously watch our payroll and be responsible for working with our budget but on the same side getting the best results with the hires you take, as efficient hires are key in a startup
Interested? Please get in touch with us! All applicants should have a valid work visa for the EU. To apply, just follow this link: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oJpAXfwp&s=VentureVillage
EPIC Companies is looking for a CRM Manager
EPIC Companies is the new accelerator and incubator of ProSiebenSat.1, based in Berlin. For our young and dynamic team we are looking for support in the area of Online Marketing for one of our new online shops.
EPIC Companies is an innovative online company builder, based in Berlin. Together with our partner ProSiebenSat.1 we aim to identify and realise online business concepts with strong value creation models. We help great entrepreneurs to succeed and partner with online leaders to conquer new markets. Our target is to start at least five exciting new companies each year.
What sets us apart? EPIC Companies will build on a unique combination of resources from the start: substantial seed financing, unparalleled customer reach via TV advertisement and brand-building capabilities through our partner ProSiebenSat.1 and extensive entrepreneurial expertise. Our leadership team has a unique track record. We build on functional know-how, deep industry knowledge and rigorous execution.
About the offer
We love to work with ambitious people in an enjoyable work environment. We always thrive to learn something new. Every day is an opportunity to step it up, take on more responsibility and develop your skill-set further.
- A successfully completed university degree
- 2-3 years of working experience in the field of eCommerce and online marketing, especially in the area of CRM is a plus
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills as well as high quality awareness
- Knowledge of HTML and email marketing trends
- Design experience with Photoshop is a plus
- Fluent in German and English is a must
About the role
- Setting up, testing, and deploying clients’ email marketing campaigns using web-based applications
- Analysis of customer data concerning the optimisation of customer relations, acquisition of new customers and retention of existing customers
- Analysis of research data from different sources in order to get a better understanding of customer behaviour
- Segmentation of existing customers plus derivation of recommendations, including CRM-related measures
We are looking for great people that are ready for a challenge – people who are excited, passionate, light-hearted and who have a strong sense of integrity. There are always new ways of looking at things and areas of improvement. Furthermore, you should have a can-do attitude and should not be afraid of taking risks and making your own decisions.
Interested? Feel free to contact us for further information or send your application directly to email@example.com