24. January 2014–
Are the minus degrees numbing your job-hunting spirit? Know you have the brains, charisma and killer-CV to impress even the most cynical CEO? What are you waiting for! Don't let the frosty air hold you back, check out our roundup of top startup jobs and secure your position in a cosy office. And remember – don't be tempted by any job ads looking for a "human Google". One glance at this video and you'll know why...
Nextsocial is looking for a Software Engineer
We are hiring!
Nextsocial is a startup dedicated to changing the way brands interact with their audience. Our cloud application allows companies to sell limited offer products directly on Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media channels. Because of the streamlined user experience, our clients, anything from sport to the music industry, reach conversion rates of up to 25 per cent.
We are headquartered in Berlin with a sales office in Los Angeles. For more information, visit nextsocial.io or follow @getnextsocial.
As our client base is growing fast, we are looking for the best of the best: ambitious, forward-looking programming wizards who have an incredible passion for what they do.
- People with genuine passion and dedication for working in a start-up environment
- No ivy league university diploma, but real talent and hands-on experience
- Greatest sense of responsibility
- Strong team spirit and communication skills (English is our main language)
- Four or more years of experience programming object-oriented language (our backend is based on Ruby/Rails)
- Experience with web servers (nginx), automated deployment (Chef), performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Exposure to and understanding of Full stack engineering
- Familiarity with Git, AWS, test / behavior driven development
- You will play a vital role in developing the software architecture behind Nextsocial
- You will design and develop low latency/high throughput multi-threaded server infrastructure components to handle large amount of concurrent requests
- You will write elegant, maintainable and extensible code, while implementing automated tests to ensure the delivery of high quality features
What you can expect
- A working environment which stimulates great achievements
- Strongly result-orientated working atmosphere
- Hectic and thrilling start-up life
- Last but not least a more than competitive salary
Please send your application and references (eg. Github, StackOverflow) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Delivery Hero needs a Growth Hacker (International Markets)
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform with a mission to be the international leader of the category. Our awesome Global Venture Development team already operates in 17 countries worldwide delivering 44 million meals a year. We are genuine, non-conformists, entrepreneurs, smart, data-oriented and definitely know how to have fun. We are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission.
Our ideal candidate has a strong passion for startups and entrepreneurialism. You get things done, you question everything and you like to play in a team. You are going to be sitting in the Delivery Hero’s Innovation hub.
- You are a creative thinker who thinks outside the box, and have high interest in entrepreneurship
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- At least basic knowledge in a programming language
- Highly motivated and communicative, very opportunistic and agile in handling business
- Previous experience in the field (either startup or personal project)
- Fluent in English and preferably another European language
- No educational degree necessary; it is more important that you are proactive and also able to work independently
- You can work effectively with Microsoft Office programs
- Lead one or more of Delivery Hero’s growth initiative with a direct revenue impact in several countries
- Optimise our product by catering for an intuitive customer behaviour
- Organise and be in regular contact to the country's senior management and executive team
- Provide tools for smart decision-making
- Support the creation of new revenue streams, with scalable solutions to grow the business
What you can expect
- Startup perks: football table, playstation, fruit baskets, company parties (trust us, you gonna enjoy them!)
- Great work environment and English as working language
- An exponential learning curve of a fast-growing eCommerce startup
- Flexible and agile company with flat hierarchy
- German lessons and Berlin tours
Application via this job link.
Kreditech is looking for a Head of Operations
You want to be responsible for all international operations?
You are a pragmatic problem solver who is detail oriented and fast-moving?
You’d like to work in a highly professional environment with a fun culture and a fancy office in Hamburg’s Hafencity?
Raised ten million EUR from leading international VCs, launched in five countries within 18 months, grown from 0 to 75 employers from 17 nationalities in a super fancy Hamburg office, 500,000 loan inquiries per year – this is Kreditech. As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe (more than 900% in 2013), we are looking for top talent to join our office in Germany’s most beautiful city.
Kreditech is the very first provider of global BIG DATA scoring technology. Up to 8,000 data points (social media, e commerce, GPS, behavioral, etc.) per person are processed fully automatically and in real-time. Thus, we can offer microcredits online in five countries (Kredito24.pl, Kredito24.es, Kredito24.cz, Kredito24.mx and Zaimo.ru). Online, via SMS and via Facebook – the loan decision is made within a few minutes and the money is on your bank account within seconds. We are growing 50 per cent monthly right now and are ramping up many new countries and products that will hit the surface soon.
Kreditech is looking for a Head of Operations (m/f) to lead its core operations at our Hamburg office.
This is one of our key positions – we're looking for an entrepreneurial-driven, analytical-minded person, who wants to grow their career. Also, this could be an excellent opportunity for consultants who want to give their careers a push and be responsible for their “own” business. From day one you'll lead an international team of Country Managers and develop our operations into a new dimension – and you're fully responsible for strategic KPIs. The position consists of a range of interesting and challenging tasks.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, preferably in business or tech related fields of study, graduating in the top 5 per cent of your class
- About 2-3 years of experience in a business development/operational, preferably in a fast-scaled, international startup or an international leading consultancy, or as an entrepreneur in a successful company
- Or about 2-3 years experience in the consultancy-environment (McKinsey, BCG, Roland Berger, Accenture etc.), working on/ leading international projects
- You need to have first leadership skills and very strong analytical skills which you've already successfully proven in (international) projects
- Setting up operational Call Center processes or experience in Debt collection would be a plus
- You speak flawless English, as this is our company language; it would be an advantage if you spoke German, Polish, Spanish, or Russian.
- Basic understanding of SQL is also not a must, but a huge advantage
- You are responsible for the operative management of country managers, currently for five countries and also for the upcoming ones.
- Benchmarking and process optimisation are the key success factors which will be driven by you.
- To strengthen our Debt Collection Performance Process Management, you'll be also responsible for the improvement and implementing the latest standards.
- You'll have the full KPI responsibility.
- You'll build up the Call Center Performance Process Management, analyse it and make suggestions and decisions how to run it best.
- You'll have the full KPI responsibility.
- Analysing and reporting processes will be one of your core tasks to derive the right conclusions for the future of the business.
What you can expect
- An international team and working environment
- The opportunity to learn in a very fast international setup
- Versatile tasks and flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies and a great project responsibility
- A highly modern office in Hamburg’s Hafencity
- Frequent team events, Nerf gun fights, fresh fruits and snacks
- A HVV-Card, a gym pass, free coffee and a fun room including table tennis, XBOX, and office scooter
- And a good salary, of course
Apply today and start working tomorrow!
Do you want to join an international team with people from 17 different nationalities? Are you driven to achieve real success and are you willing to put in the time and effort that is necessary for it? Do you have a quick grasp on new material and do you put your heart and soul into your work? Then we would love a chance to talk with you - apply today and you might be working at Kreditech next week!
It’s simple – to apply just click on the following link: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=orjiYfwK&s=gruenderszene . Please let us know, where your leadership and analytical skills played a decisive role and how you've been successful. Please note that we will not accept applications by email, but you can quickly get in touch with us to ask questions through email@example.com.
Uber is looking for General Managers
Uber is looking for talented Venture Village readers to join us as General Managers in various EMEIA cities including Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Köln-Düsseldorf, Moscow, Nairobi and Rome. If this describes you, go ahead and get in touch today: http://grnh.se/4d6yv8. Haven’t tried us yet? Download the Uber app today and use our promocode HIREBERLIN for €20 off your first ride in Germany! The City General Manager at Uber is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities. You are literally rolling out a new transportation system in your local metropolis.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It’s a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sounds like you?
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining ‘Uber’ quality throughout the rider’s experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM.
Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you! We will personally review every resume submitted.
- 6+ years of marketing, consulting, banking or operations management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Work with Uber’s Launch team to launch Uber in your city
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber’s driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Continue to grow REVENUES and RIDERSHIP!!!
What you can expect
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference: we’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Compensation: Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Location: We are recruiting for General Managers in cities across the world.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.