13. December 2013–
There’s nothing better than finishing the week off with a surprise unveiling of 17 new Beyonce music video previews. But before you indulge yourself in some B-time (and forget about your job search), check out our roundup of the hottest startup careers in Europe…
Outbrain is looking for a Senior Sales Manager (Brands & Agencies – D/A/CH)
Are you a highly motivated, entrepreneurial sales professional? Do you have an established network of digital contacts in the agency world in the German language market? Can you become an evangelist for content marketing across web, video and mobile?
If you can demonstrate all of the above, then Outbrain would love to speak to you, as we expand our team in Germany (Munich).
Outbrain is the leading content discovery platform that powers personalised recommendations to content at the bottom of article pages on most of the leading publisher websites online. In Germany and Austria, we are working with Axel Springer, Burda, Condé Nast, WEKA, Styria and many other premium publishers. Working for Outbrain, you would sell our content recommendation solution directly into brands and their agencies. Outbrain is already helping the likes of Red Bull, Audi, Ford, Mindshare and many others, to drive engagement with their owned content as well as amplify their positive earned media.
Creative, passionate, resourceful, bright, proactive, motivated, team player are just some of the attributes that make you an ideal “Outbrainer”. You must be a strong dealmaker with the ability to source and build a revenue pipeline and move prospects consistently through to closing.
Outbrain provides a fun, fast-paced, hard-working culture, built on top performance. We offer a competitive package, including basic salary, performance related bonus and equity.
- Drive the revenue stream from agencies and brands
- Maintain a high level of market engagement with agencies and brands
- External evangelism of content marketing across the web, video and mobile
- Input to product management on features that would provide partners additional value
- New client generation: building and maintaining a portfolio of accounts and providing full services to sustain long term relationships
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience selling to brands and advertising agencies
- Strong product and solution selling
- Experience of cross-team collaboration, preferably on a pan-European or global scale
- Formulating account plans/penetration strategies, customer opportunity maps and proposal delivery schedules
- Statistical & financial analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken German and English
Contact: Lindsay Daley LDale@outbrain.com
Softgames is looking for a Technical Account Manager
Our vision is to reshape the way millions of people discover, play and share mobile games across multiple platforms. You’ll work with like-minded, smart people, who love working hard and having fun at the same time.
Softgames is a rapidly growing browser-based network of HTML5 mobile games. Our key to success is to deliver the best cross-platform experience through our 200+ casual games to a worldwide audience. Benefit from HTML5 and unleash your potential to become part of the next big thing!
We are now looking for a full-time Technical Account Manager who is responsible for working directly with our sales, marketing and support colleagues to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The position’s main objectives are as follows:
- To maintain and develop existing partners through high levels of service in order to expand and strengthen relationships
- To work with partners in understanding their overall business strategies and to deliver the best end consumer experience
- To communicate additional partner requirements to internal staff and/or to execute them independently
- To communicate ideas on how to optimize Softgames game platform to make it more successful and to help to achieve our partners’ goals
- Individual tracking and escalation of potential partner issues
Your ideal profile for this job
- Experienced in technical account management
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English or German
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Experience in the mobile industry and Google AdSense is a plus
SOFTGAMES offers you
- Take advantage of your opportunity to contribute your talent and your skills to an internationally expanding company with a young, dedicated team in Berlin
- Responsibility within the company with flexible structures and flat hierarchies
- An attractive remuneration
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application by email. For further questions do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org (Alexander Krug)
HERE is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager Connected Driving
HERE is a Nokia business that was created to shape a whole new generation of location services and devices built for how you live and what you care about.
HERE powers everyday experiences that help you navigate your life with ease and confidence. We serve both business customers and consumers with the energy of a startup and the stability of an established operation. We care passionately about our customers, our products and each other.
At HERE, innovation is the lifeblood of our future success. You will get to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with the best minds from a variety of industries and nationalities across global teams. You can be a part of building a fresh new brand – an opportunity you don’t get every day.
In return, we will prepare you for opportunities within the business and drive your own career; acquiring new skills and expertise along the way.
Strong Ideas. Energy. Excitement. Passion. Curiosity. These are what we look for. Unique skill sets welcome.
What will you do?
- You will help shape the HERE Connected Driving offering through deep consumer and customer understanding, in-depth competitive and industry insight and a profound knowledge of market and technology trends in the connected driving space
- It is a global role. You will contribute to product development, business reviews and strategy planning for the OEM consumer segment to help further shape competitive products and solutions for HERE. You will partner with the design and product teams to develop proposals for future products including defining the feature sets, use cases and value propositions
- You will lead the HERE organisation on specific thought leadership topics in the connected driving space and present to the HERE leadership team for recommendations and proposals for future products and roadmap changes
- You will be a member of both the overall HERE marketing as well as the product department. You will need to be aligned with the product development teams to stay connected to development plans
- You are responsible for marketing and positioning related elements of the business plan to ensure we build competitive, profitable products and customer solutions. You will be asked to work closely with the regional go-to market teams to enhance the Connected Driving vision through industry and customer events as well as support new product launches.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing for Connected Driving.
- A self-starter with a proven track record in the automotive and connected driving/mobility space
- An appreciation for process but can also manage ambiguity. You must have an equal capacity to learn and to teach
- A disruptive startup mentality. You must enjoy making things better and are adaptive to change
Critical Competencies for Success
Inspiring your team and colleagues to reach targets according to our strategy comes easily to you, because you…
- You have 5+ years’ experience in sales, product marketing or development of in-car software for navigation, mobility services, or business and marketing development of automotive grade white-labelled solutions for car makers/Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive space
- You have professional experience that is highly relevant for automotive safety, navigation and entertainment (in car and beyond), electro-mobility, car sharing or inter-modal services. A good understanding of the developing digital mobile UX world, digital data & search world and its relevance for mobility and transport is a plus
- You have previous experience in software product strategy and product marketing. MBA is preferred with technical undergraduate degree. 5-10 years minimum overall work experience is required
- Your partner alliance management, business development and product management skills are all strong. You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to speak at executive level meetings. The ability to highlight product strategies and product demos is a must. A technical acumen and an affinity for data/analytics driven business models are required
- You have experience in creating your own visionary leadership pieces and prototyped illustrations. Having experience in design and UX driven development of new products and services is a plus
- You have experience in leading market research efforts to test product characteristics, refine value propositions is a required skill
- You can demonstrate the ability to work effectively in an organisation of considerable size and scope, yet have an entrepreneurial drive
- You can prove you are a trusted advisor with high integrity and place value on strong interpersonal relationships
- You have the skills to lead through ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- You have ability to grasp complex concepts and turn that knowledge into decisive action that produces results
- You have proven you are a recognised thought leader
- You are ready to travel 25 per cent of your time
Send us your application today: email@example.com
Babbel is looking for a Head of Payment
We are looking for a Head of Payment (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
Babbel.com is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning. Our products are available to all mobile and internet users worldwide. We are currently processing double digit million euros per year with customers in more than 90 countries (222 countries if you consider all payments ever made) and we’re on a growth trajectory of >100 per cent.
As Head of Payment, you will be responsible for scaling our payment infrastructure and lead the payment team to fuel our continuing growth.
- Build and be the functional owner for an in-house development team and coordinate external resources
- Internal interface to BI and Marketing for all payment related topics
- Manage and extend third party payment provider relations
Responsible for the following metrics:
- Flow from price page to successful payment (CVR)
- Renewal rate (payment success rate) for all countries
- Knowledge about international payment methods and standards, recurring methods
- Know-how about CVR optimisation
- Knowledge about legal aspects for checkout/purchase process
- Attention to detail and an analytical working style
- Fluent in English
- Optional plus: Knowledge about Adyen as a payment service provider
- Optional plus: Experience in agile development methodologies (eg SCRUM)
We offer you
- Responsibility from day one, professional and personal growth
- A high impact position with lots of opportunities
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
We would appreciate short and concise applications. If you are interested, please send applications exclusively in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the position as Head of Payment.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the “Code VVLovesSummer” to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.