31. August 2012–
Heroes can come from the most unlikely places – just take Psy. From unknown K-Pop rapper to worldwide meme fame – his crazy dance moves have been spreading like Lauffeuer.
Psy is an inspiration to all of us – remember, chase your dreams, aim high and apply for one of our awesome jobs based in Berlin or go for our special London guest posting, but whatever you do, we strongly advise that you make it Gangam-style.
PENGUIN PRESS UK IS LOOKING FOR A COMMUNITY MANAGER BASED IN LONDON
Are you a social networker? Do you love the thought of bringing people together over books? Are you passionate about ideas, and telling everyone about them? Are you well-connected? How have you managed to develop communities on- and offline?
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a creative, confident and talented Community Manager to join Penguin Press.
One of the most highly-regarded brands in books, we publish everything from the world-famous Penguin Classics to bestselling works on economics, science, history and psychology by authors ranging from Brian Cox and Steven Pinker to Malcolm Gladwell and Neil MacGregor.
About the role
We are looking for someone to help manage and extend the Penguin Press community, with original, fresh ideas for developing online and offline relationships with our fans and followers. This includes developing relationships with our high-profile and influential fans and followers, co-ordinating content and design of the new Press blog, giving us a louder voice on Twitter, updating websites and newsletters as well as introducing new pages on Facebook, Tumblr etc and ensuring content such as video and podcast is circulated meaningfully online.
We want someone who lives and breathes social networks. You must be experienced at building communities, comfortable with social media, great with words and even better with people.
You'll be great at communicating, with proven networking skills. You don't need to be a digital expert, but you do need the ability to connect people, bring them together and inspire them. Above all, we want to know about your passion for great books and content.
You'll be a trendspotter: highly creative, curious and intuitive. You'll inspire trust and confidence in colleagues the moment they meet you. The job is suitable for someone with several years' experience and we'll consider someone at manager level or someone ready to take that next step up.
How to apply
You can apply through our online jobs portal at http://gs12.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_penguin01.asp using the traditional method of CV and letter, or if you've got some extra special ideas, visit www.impressapenguin.com.
Twisper is looking for a Marketing Manager
We are looking to welcome an all-round Marketing talent to our team. Work with us on various topics, such as community management, product, performance marketing und partnerships. Be part of Europe’s new startup hub in Berlin. Come and join our team of young, international and highly motivated people.
About the role
- Planning, executing and analysing performance marketing activities such as SEO, SEM, affiliate marketing and co-reg
- Developing and executing social media and blog strategies and playing a key role as community and content manager on the various platforms
- Developing and managing of cooperative partnerships
- Pro-actively engaging in various typical startup activities
- Managing various community and PR activities
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a marketing agency and/or online marketing department of a startup
- Expert in online marketing and experience with mobile marketing
- Eager to try innovative strategies in an emerging market and great interest in internet startups and media
- Wide online/ echnology/new media/social media knowledge
- Very good communication and negotiations skills
- A passion for social media, traveling and lifestyle trends
- A dynamic, pro-active and result-oriented team player with natural talent for organization and time management
- Fluent English and good German skills
"Twisper – The Smart Location Diary" is a brand-new VC-backed startup in the heart of Berlin. We want to make your digital lifestyle and travel experiences social and smart. Innovative technology will bring you a whole new world of discovery. Stay tuned – we’re launching soon!
MONOQI is looking for a Product Manager
About the role
Full engagement and ownership of product from inception to close; including being the intermediary between all stakeholders. Working closely with design and development team to define, implement and test product functionalities.
- Monitoring overall product performance closely together with Web Analysts
- Initiate and evaluate A/B tests on a regular basis
- Interact with key partners to determine business requirements
- Continuously analyse customer processes and requirements
- Conceptualising new features on wireframe level and re-iterate closely together with Business, Design and IT
- Managing process and production
- Gather and maintain functional and technical documentation for multiple products
- Initiate and conduct usability research (UX studies, site surveys, competitive research etc)
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of User Experience Design practice and principles
- You are able to communicate strategy and ideas clearly and guide designers through the creation of mock ups, prototypes or just wireframes
- You have good analytical skills and an understanding of business needs
- You are a team player, with the necessary experience to work both as a product owner and project manager
- You have previously lead a team to bring projects to life
- Experience with Scrum would be ideal
- Basic programming skills are a plus (HTML5, CSS3, JS)
- 4+ years of experience as an online product manager or UX designer
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written (German is not required)
MONOQI discovers and curates the best in international design, giving its member the chance to buy exceptional products in limited editions at friendship prices.The special deals we offer are possible because we know and admire the designers whose work we present to you. The advantages this entails are passed directly and exclusively onto MONOQI members.
We love amazing design and we want to share our passion with as many people as possible.We are a young international team based in Berlin with a big vision: online shopping should be fun and so should our jobs! If you want to work in a dynamic environment where new and exciting things happen every day, this place is for you!
txtr is looking for an UX Designer Education
About the role
- Creating high-level wireframes, use cases and scenarios for the education product
- Testing the quality and logic of projects and securing a consistent style
- Conducting competitor analyses and evaluations of new trends in user experience and education
- Cooperating with visual designers to solve problems and create full design solutions on projects
- Validating the effectiveness of designs through research and usability studies
- Driving the development and communication of the user design process for a given project
- Participating in the research, analysis, development, and testing phases of the design process
Working as part of the Education team and in close cooperation with the core UX team, you will have:
- A result-driven personality with can-do attitude, highly developed communication and organisation skills
- Ambition and commitment to assume responsibility to get the job done and achieve results; proactive in scoping, planning and structuring but also pragmatic and flexible in execution; prepared to work flexible hours and travel if necessary; strongly identified with the product you are responsible for
- Experience with mobile apps & web
- 3-5 years of similar job experience
- Great concept design skills: sketching/wireframing/user flow abilities
- A user-oriented way of working
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. Additionally, a good knowledge of German is preferable
- Previous experience with education software would be preferred
‘txtr is looking for smart, creative, hardworking people who love opportunities and challenges and who thrive in the environment of a young company. If you want to shape the future of how the world reads books, we need you!
We develop, operate and market a comprehensive solution for selling eBooks and eReading content. Our customers are manufacturers of computers, tablets and smartphones, mobile telecommunications companies, booksellers, publishers, education ministries, and schools. In our field of business, we are the leading company in Europe and one of the leading companies worldwide.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to email@example.com