5. October 2012–
For those wanting to dodge the kind of office job that sucks the fun out of the brightest Berlin day, we might have just the solution. Check out the prime Berlin job opportunities below (with one very nice London-based spot also in the mix this week) and get moving!
Make sure to brush up your CV first – for how *not* to do this, check the expert vid below:
Amen is looking for a Business Intern
About the role:
- Work with senior management
- Assistance in fund raising and investor relations
- Researching and putting together relevant data for pitch decks
- Communication with investors
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Business background
- Time Span: 3-6 months, preferably starting now
How to apply: Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amen is looking for a Web Engineer
About the role:
- Build new web features on top of the internal JSON API
- Work closely with other developers to define and change the JSON API and architecture
- Participate in managing the infrastructure that runs Amen
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- Analytical problem solving skills
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of agile software development practices
To apply: Send a letter or CV along with samples of your work to email@example.com
PENGUIN PRESS UK IS LOOKING FOR A COMMUNITY MANAGER BASED IN LONDON
Are you a social networker? Do you love the thought of bringing people together over books? Are you passionate about ideas, and telling everyone about them? Are you well-connected? How have you managed to develop communities on- and offline?
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a creative, confident and talented Community Manager to join Penguin Press.
One of the most highly-regarded brands in books, we publish everything from the world-famous Penguin Classics to bestselling works on economics, science, history and psychology by authors ranging from Brian Cox and Steven Pinker to Malcolm Gladwell and Neil MacGregor.
About the role:
We are looking for someone to help manage and extend the Penguin Press community, with original, fresh ideas for developing on- and offline relationships with our fans and followers. This includes developing relationships with our high-profile and influential fans and followers, co-ordinating content and design of the new Press blog, giving us a louder voice on Twitter, updating websites and newsletters as well as introducing new pages on Facebook, Tumblr etc and ensuring content such as video and podcast is circulated meaningfully online.
We want someone who lives and breathes social networks. You must be experienced at building communities, comfortable with social media, great with words and even better with people.
You’ll be great at communicating, with proven networking skills. You don’t need to be a digital expert, but you do need the ability to connect people, bring them together and inspire them. Above all, we want to know about your passion for great books and content.
You’ll be a trendspotter: highly creative, curious and intuitive. You’ll inspire trust and confidence in colleagues the moment they meet you. The job is suitable for someone with several years’ experience and we’ll consider someone at manager level or someone ready to take that next step up.
How to apply: You can apply through our online jobs portal at http://gs12.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_penguin01.asp using the traditional method of CV and letter, or if you’ve got some extra special ideas, visit www.impressapenguin.com.
Team Europe is looking for a CMO (m/f)
We are one of the top players on the European internet scene, and have already founded many successful internet enterprises including Spreadshirt, brands4friends, Sponsorpay, Madvertise, Misterspex, Lieferheld/Delivery Hero and many more.
- You will independently expand our marketing department’s activities
- You will be responsible for strategic planning and budget planning, implementation, and optimisation of all marketing measures
- You will organise, manage, control and design all on-line marketing activities, and be responsible for the Product area
- You graduated from a college or university with distinction, and have at least five years of experience in a management position
- You have extensive experience in all areas of marketing, including online and offline marketing
- You are an experienced leader and have solid management qualities, as well as entrepreneurial initiative
- You are a team player
- You have a clear analytical understanding of business, and you understand online marketing, and particularly conversion rate optimisation
- You are results-oriented and get things done.
- You are a strong communicator
- You have an international focus, and are fluent in German and English
About the offer:
- An exciting and dynamic work environment in the heart of Berlin
- A broad and varied range of work activities
- Access to a strong network in the Internet scene
- A high degree of independence, flat hierarchies and excellent career opportunities
- Solid compensation
- An immediate start date
How to apply: Please contact Astrid: firstname.lastname@example.org