16. November 2012–
Have the skills, experience and charisma but still finding it hard to land a job in Berlin? We know it can be a bit overwhelming trying to sift through the host of startups to find the right job for you, that’s why we’ve done some of the work for you to come up with our pick of the bunch this week.
So stop loitering around St. Oberholz trying to schmooze your way into a job and get applying to put your skillz to use! Big Stu has some encouraging words to get you on your way to a ‘better place’…
Waymate is looking for a Head of Marketing (m/w)
Waymate is a journey-planning platform. We want to take the pain out of travel planning and create great user experiences. Our site helps people who are overwhelmed with pages of irrelevant search results from diﬀerent providers. Results are presented in a visual “timeline” that allows people to select and book the best ﬂight or train according to their preferences.
Waymate was the winner of the “1st Smart Mobility Challenge“, and was nominated as “European Startup of the Year“ and “Best Travel Technology Solution“. We’re a small but highly ambitious company with great product ideas. We’ll bring innovation to the travel industry. This position will be based at our headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
About the role
You will be taking charge of and leading Waymate’s global marketing strategy. This includes executing and driving online campaigns, along with overseeing branding, social media and advertising.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and reﬁne a smart and creative marketing strategy for the company
- Generate awesome engaging marketing campaigns aimed at winning new customers and retaining existing ones
- Analyse data from metrics and KPIs that you’ll set up, and use this data to make informed marketing decisions
- Eﬃciently manage our marketing budget and allocate resources appropriately
- Oversee and improve SEO/SEM to optimise Waymate’s position in web search
- Work closely with the PR manager to develop a media strategy across multiple channels
- Build and maintain key relationships with partners, media and others
- Perform detailed analysis on competitors, markets, customer segments and strategic positioning
- Represent Waymate at industry events
- Assist with testing the app prior to launches, including talking to testers/users and gathering and recording feedback
You should be someone with a great track record in marketing, and someone who is really passionate about improving the travel planning experience. You love metrics and are experienced in using data to make better marketing decisions.
- Bachelors degree required, business or marketing majors are a plus
- 6-10 years experience in a similar role with at least 2 years exp. in a management position
- Native German or native level German skills
- Excellent level of English (oﬃce communication is in English)
- Team player who loves being part of a team, but who can also work independently and with plenty of initiative
- Proven track record in eﬀectively developing and improving an online brand
- Demonstrable experience in using diﬀerent marketing channels to drive growth
- Ability to plan and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Results-focused; ability to set targets and measure results and their eﬀectiveness
- Experience and ability in building and managing teams
- Proven success in executing and managing both small and big projects with allocated budgets
- Deep knowledge of successful marketing strategies across various channels, and understanding of why they have succeeded or failed
- Signiﬁcant experience of working with press, journalists and other media outlets
- Strong planning and analysis skills in both marketing and competitive strategy
We’re looking for doers and makers. People with a real passion for what they do, and a desire to change the travel industry, for the better. We have a great oﬃce space in the centre of Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” (incl. a pretty nice sun terrace with a paddling pool), an incredible team and a fascinating product with bags of potential. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and tell us why you’d be the best person for the job at email@example.com
So what if Axel Springer gave you a company?
Big companies like to bet on big ideas. But sometimes that is just not good enough. Sometimes success is about sticking with a small idea until it gets big. And almost always success is about determined individuals that carry an idea until its time has come. Ideas are a people business.
As Europe’s largest newspaper and multi-media house, Axel Springer’s future rests on ideas. That is why the right kind of people are our most important resource. And that is why we have decided to create a career program like no other.
Become a media entrepreneur
As a Media Entrepreneur, we will equip you with a competitive salary and give you the opportunity to build your business idea into an enterprise. Based in our Strategic Product Development division, you will be able to use the team’s experience to analyse it to its core and develop it to market readiness. And once it is ready, we will spin it off to fly on its own with you in the driver’s seat. So we will give you a company. If you have what it takes.
In parallel, you will be working with creative individuals from all over our network of 12,000 people in 36 countries to help develop other ideas across the media spectrum – and beyond. One day you may deal with tablet magazines. Another with television. Or you might analyse the market for ebooks. Or something else. Or something completely different.
Do you need a grand idea to begin with? Not necessarily. Because nobody knows whether something will work when they start thinking about it. And because we may decide together that a project which has already been started would be a better place for you. As long as you have the entrepreneurial spirit, you are what we are looking for.
What you do need is 12 months time and the stamina to prove yourself in Berlin, Europe’s hottest spot for creativity, full of fascinating people and exciting ideas. You should be willing to take on responsibility quickly, feel enthusiastic about the world of media and curious about one of the market-leading companies in the digital transformation. And your background should show that you can deliver – be it through an excellent university degree, previous startup experience or the career you have built. Express anything you would like us to know in the online application process: pitch an idea, tell us about an experience you had or give us another reason why we should not pass on your entrepreneurial enthusiasm.
Do dare. We would love to bet on you.
Klarna is looking for a Marketing Coordinator in Cologne, Germany
The year was 2005 and eCommerce had long been precarious. With an idea to offer secure and simple payment solutions, Klarna was founded that same year. Six years have passed and we have grown to an ambitious and creative company of 700 employees. We have been awarded Company of the Year in ’07 (bragging), increased our turnover by 13.57% (statistics) and managed to become the Nordic market leader (facts).
Klarna is partly owned by Sequoia Capital, DST Global and General Atlantic – companies that have seen the same potential in Google, Facebook and Twitter as they do in us. We think that’s a good start.
About the role
- Working closely with Klarna’s Sales department but also as a member of the international marketing team, with core functions at our headquarters in Stockholm
- Be the local expert in the team, providing strategic recommendations to the B2B manager and assisting all B2B marketing functions in executing on local marketing activities
- Networking with Klarna’s most important local marketing partners, localising marketing materials, ensuring we communicate optimally through all our channels by knowing and understanding our merchant target group in Germany
- Creating local structures to support Klarna’s global marketing organisation
- A university degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any other relevant field
- First job experience in a Sales or Marketing role
- Native proficiency in German as well as proficiency in English (both oral and written)
- Excellent skills in writing and creating content in German to be communicated to all of Klarna’s marketing channels
- A positive, problem-solving and can-do attitude
- A proven ability to summarize complex issues and providing well calibrated recommendations
- Rapid learning capacity and ability to work effectively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in eCommerce or other digital environments is a plus
About the offer
- Work at one of Sweden’s fastest growing companies where only you set the limits
- Be given the opportunity to influence a rapidly growing organization in an international market
- Have a workplace filled with energy, entrepreneurial spirit and job satisfaction
We want you to invest in us as much as we invest in you. You should not work for Klarna, you will work with Klarna
Sound like the job for you? Send your resume, cover letter and your grades in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The interviews will be held continuosly.
Édition Lingerie is looking for a Customer Service Manager
About the role
As a deeply customer-centric pre-launch e-commerce startup, we are looking for a Customer Service Manager, who enjoys interacting with our clients on a daily basis and answering key questions about bra fitting. Here’s what’s most important from our perspective:
- You will get training in bra fitting with an industry expert. You are passionate about lingerie and you care about making sure that each customer will find their perfect bra
- You are our voice. More than anybody else in the team, it is you who will be representing our brand to potential and current customers
- We take this role very seriously. Even if it’s sometimes hard – and it will be: You are always friendly, smart and knowledgeable
- Initially, you will be the only one of your kind. Long-term, however, we see you building and managing your own small Customer Service team
- Handling of all requests from current or potential customers via phone, email, facebook, twitter and all other channels – particularly regarding the following issues: Products and offers, shipping dates and issues, payment charges, returns and complaints
- Internal troubleshooting in close cooperation with the warehouse and fulfillment team, the payment provider as well as all other relevant interfaces
- You will be part of the team defining the assortment for each season
- You are fluent in English and German and you speak the language of our brand
- You enjoy interacting with people, solving hard problems and explaining solutions
- You understand business processes and you’re able to identify sources of errors
- You are comfortable with the dynamics and requirements of a fast-growing startup
- Customer Service experience (e.g. in a call center) is a major plus
- Experience in the Lingerie Industry is a major plus as well, especially in an in-store customer-relations position
About the offer
- Nice working atmosphere in a close-knit team
- Exciting Job in Berlin
- Attractive career opportunities
If you are interested in joining us please apply directly to email@example.com
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org