6. December 2013–
Just like annoying hipsters at a club (watch below), Xaver is killing our weekend buzz. On the bright side, this gives you more reason to stay at home and continue your job hunt! Thankfully, it’s that time of the week again. We’ve rounded up the top startup jobs in Europe, so you can check them out in your Snuggie while sipping on hot chocolate…
Fotolia is looking for a Content Director
Passionate about the internet and the photography industry – you will be responsible for supporting worldwide content-related activities at Fotolia.com.
- To source and acquire content (stock photos, illustrations, videos and any future products) by fulfilling existing content gap in the organisation
- To strategise and implement marketing, branding and partnership activities within the photography sphere
- To drive all functions related to contributors’ management
- To drive all functions within content moderation and content management
1) Primary Function: Content sourcing
- Identification of gaps in content across genres, regions and countries
- Working alongside the management team, define content strategy for mid- and long-term actions
- Content sourcing from various online and offline channels including – but not limited to – agencies and communities
- Organisation of events: workshops, seminars, and physical forums. Plus have direct post-event followups
- Content acquisition
2) Secondary Function: Contributor marketing, branding and partnerships
- Build partnerships with related stakeholders in the industry in to facilitate exchange of content submission and brand awareness
- Newsletters, PR, and all other contributor community communications
- Production of content for stock photography related tutorials and advertorials
- Participation in social media channels, forums, communities, and blogs
- Participation in relevant third-party trade shows and events
- Organisation of brand-promotion related events
3) Subsequent Function: Contributors management
- Management of content, communications, and tools under the Photographers’ section on fotolia.com
- Management of all other offline documents (such as submission guidelines) and collateral
- Work alongside IT team to deliver efficient and simplified content submission flows, and content and metadata delivery methods
- Key accounts management and development of the key account loyalty program
- Review of contributors’ commission system
4) Subsequent Function: Moderation Management, Content Management
- Management of team that handles day-to-day content moderation
- Management and maintenance of an effective curation system
- Minimum of bachelor degree education or five years experience in photographic community management, and/or photography creative content direction
- Skilled and creative in both written and verbal communication
- A good balance of creative and commercial orientation
- Understanding of worldwide photography trends, cultural expressions and elements
- Organised, charismatic and with demonstrable leadership qualities
- Experience in workshops or events organisation
- Industry knowledge of the stock photography sector preferred
- Practical knowledge of photography and video, and familiarity with technical terms used in the photographic industry
- Relationship builder with reasonable commercial sensibility. Comfortable dealing with different cultures
- Experience in marketing and branding management
- Advanced technical proficiency in design applications (such as Adobe Creative Suite)
- Fluency in multiple languages, eg English, German and/or Japanese – would be advantageous
- Pre-existing global contacts of photographers as an advantage
- Priority consideration will be given to Japanese-speaking professionals based in Europe
About the company
Fotolia is a leader in the global stock image market. With a commitment to quality and affordability. Fotolia’s influence has rapidly gone global since the company’s 2004 inception. Fotolia revolutionised the industry by launching the Infinite Collection in 2007 by becoming the first microstock organisation to challenge the other major players of the traditional stock photography industry.
Today, Fotolia has over 4 million professionals looking to the site for the latest in high-resolution stock photos, graphics, illustrations and videos. Over 25 million royalty-free images are accessible from $0.75 with an unbeatable commitment to quality and affordability.
Fotolia proudly offers services in 14 languages and is represented in 23 countries and regions worldwide.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com and let’s discuss!
Westwing is looking for an International Sourcing Developer
Westwing is a high-growth eCommerce business: Backed by well-known investors with over $100m in funding and growing rapidly. We are one of the leading Home & Living verticals in Europe on a mission to provide our millions of members with stylish furniture and homewares from well-known brands they love.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for an International Sourcing Developer.
Westwing can offer suppliers unique access to international markets and our member base. You will be part of a young and highly motivated team located in Munich HQ of Westwing, responsible for supportting, coordinating and further developing our local sourcing (buying) teams across the Westwing Group.
Joining Westwing now is a great opportunity: We are a well-financed company with tremendous growth potential in our market and plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact.
- Responsible for centrally coordinating cooperation between international teams, where the different countries Westwing operates
- Drive and own the process for coordinating supplier sales “campaigns” to be produced and offered through our online presence across several countries
- Support local teams in optimising campaign pipeline planning and conflict solving to provide the best merchandising in each geography
- Coordination of timing and content requirements between sourcing, merchandise and production departments for international campaigns
- Support local teams in further development/expanding international reach of sourcing and on-demand support for specific projects
- Collaborating (cross-departmental) projects to benchmark, analyse and improve efficiency of sourcing processes, tools and organisation
- Degree in business administration or similar or equivalent related work experience
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, ideally in multilingual context
- Sales and merchandise experience would be an advantage
- Hands-on mentality and ability to multitask independently in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a structured way
- Fluency in English is a must, German and other languages is a plus
- Preferred start date: 1 February 2014
Please forward your application documents (covering letter, CV, certificates) indicating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org
KissMyAds is looking for an Affiliate/Publisher Manager
KissMyAds is pioneering new ways of mobile advertising. We’re a CPA-based mobile performance network that was founded in early 2011 and has grown rapidly in Europe, America and Asia. Our advertisers target mobile audiences 100 per cent risk free. Our publishers gain attractive new revenue models to monetise their mobile traffic.
Would you like to shape the way the world perceives advertising and grow with us?
We are looking for a Affiliate/Publisher Manager.
- To procure partnerships with new publishers resulting in an expansion of KissMyAds’ global traffic. To know what best suits the target audience and assist publishers in the selection of advertising for their activities. Keep track of the performance data at all times and react quickly to optimise campaigns or offer alternatives to publishers. You play a key role with your clients as well as our company’s revenue development
- Beside your day-to-day activities, you will take over responsibility for the strategic development of our affiliate programs and our network. Optimise the acquisition of new publishers and incentivise existing ones
- Work closely with our advertiser managers, who coordinate our network of advertisers globally and thereby make the monetisation of our system possible. In your direct collaboration with them, you will analyse the potential of advertiser campaigns and adjust actions accordingly so that advertising can be ideally displayed to the traffic from our system
- Keep a lookout for what’s happening in the dynamic market, know what competitors are doing and react quickly to trends. Your activities are coordinated directly with KissMyAds’ senior management
- You are a skillful communicator and can convey complex topics in a clear and succinct manner, especially on the phone. You easily adapt to the full variation of partners who most likely will have a different cultural background. Your proficiency in English will help you reach targets faster. Ideally, you have working knowledge of an additional major language
- Having an intuitive understanding of what our publishers need, you consider yourself a service provider that has a crucial role in supporting our clients’ path to success
- Strong analytical skills let you keep an overview of campaigns as well as general market trends. Your good understanding of technology and your personal interest in internet and mobile business help you with professional dealings
- You are responsible and self-motivated and have long-term goals. You enjoy working in a team, stay up-to-date with your colleagues
- Having gathered experience in a comparable position in either mobile or online marketing, you ideally have obtained professional insights relevant to the workings of online marketers or a performance marketing agency
What we offer
Working for us means enjoying a professional position in one of the most attractive quarters of Cologne, a city famed for its lifestyle. Our team enjoys working and celebrating together. We give you space to unfold your strengths individually in order to directly influence our success. Our style of communication is transparent, decisions are made quickly, and creative thinking is encouraged – the environment is well-suited for entrepreneurial personalities.
Curious yet? We’re looking forward to receiving your application by email indicating your salary expectations to: email@example.com
BIG is looking for a BI/Data Warehouse Analyst
Here at BIG (Bonial International Group) we bridge the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds.
What began in late 2008 in a shared flat has grown into a global company with offices on four continents. Headquartered in Berlin, BIG has more than 230 employees worldwide. This is the result of dedication, desire and diligence of an international team of personalities brimming with creativity and drive.
Today the company is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in Germany, in the US, France, in Spain, in Russia and in Brazil. Their limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all our users and clients worldwide. Think BIG.
What will you be doing?
- Connect new data sources to a given data warehouse architecture and monitor the data import and quality
- Evaluate, create and automate reportings due to the requirements of different departments
- Perform regular deeper dives investigating business with timely and insightful analysis
- Generate technical reports to support internal and external needs
- Innovate to support the scalability of the team and company growth
- Filter and organise large volumes of data prior to analysis
- Evaluate new initiatives and form trusted relationships with product, sales and online marketing team
What you bring to the table
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a passion for analytics/data and the insight it can provide
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science or similar
- Previous experience in the investigation, analysis, and reporting of field data.
- Ability to understand SQL and optimally a programming language
- Ideally, a background in online business
- Strong ability to understand/incorporate the big picture into the details of an analysis
- Ability to convey complex issues to a non-technical audience
Our company is taking off in a BIG way – would you like to hop on? Please apply here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/kaufDA/74279345-bi-data-warehouse-analyst
We encourage applications from female job seekers.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the “Code VVLovesSummer” to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.