6. September 2013–
Have you been prepping for TEDxBerlin by watching back-to-back TED Talks instead of brushing up your CV? Or checking out IFA booths and Berlin Music Festival shows instead of searching for a job? With the last bits of summer upon us this weekend, we've done the work of putting together a list of the hottest startup jobs in Europe (so you don't have to)...
Oh, and make sure not to miss out this awesome and inspiring talk on ducks and chickens...
Westwing is looking for a Product Manager eCommerce
Westwing is a high-growth eCommerce business backed by well-known investors with over $80m in funding and growing rapidly. We are one of the leading Home and Living verticals in Europe on a mission to provide our millions of members with stylish furniture and homewares from well-known brands they love.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Product Manager eCommerce. As Product Manager, you will be part of a small team of high-powered professionals responsible for developing the core of our business as an eCommerce product and delivering key development projects that are essential to our success. In addition, you will be working closely together with our leadership teams at both the headquarters and in the countries.
Joining Westwing now is a great opportunity: We are a well-financed company with tremendous growth potential in our market and plenty of room for personal growth and professional development.
About the offer
- A high-impact role at the intersection of strategy, IT and business implementation with responsibilities in decision-making in an international company that has a path towards becoming a category leader in eCommerce
- An opportunity to work directly with our CEO, high-calibre leadership team and a steep personal development path, while building a long-term successful company
- A very attractive compensation package
- Location: Munich
- Have previous experience in an IT project development function
- For graduate candidates: a university degree in computer science, business or engineering and proven experience with online business
- Feel comfortable in a fast-moving, IT-related environment
- Be excited about coordination of feature development and project execution (eg iPhone app, country launch, payment roadmap) across the full development cycles
- Be strong analytically yet “hands-on” with a focus on fast and flawless execution
- Be fluent in English, international work experience a plus
- Be passionate about joining a fast-growing startup and “making it happen”
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Glispa is looking for a Senior Publisher Development Manager – Gaming
Glispa is a rapidly growing full-service online media agency. We help companies in over 100 markets attain their marketing goals by utilising a consultative, performance-driven approach with services within affiliate marketing, search, media planning and creative development.
In order to cater to the fast-paced growth, we are looking for a proactive and communicative Senior Publisher Development Manager to join our publisher team catering to international top gaming publishers on a global scale.
About the offer
- Fun and international team in a unique open office environment located in the heart of Berlin's new media district
- Competitive salary with attractive bonus package
- Individual career development plan with participation in select training programmes
- Ability to develop your own projects and contribute to the strategic growth of the company
- 2-5 years of sales/business development experience with a proven track record of exceeding sales goals, preferrably in online marketing
- Have conducted certified or in-house sales training and experienced with a sales CRM system, such as Salesforce etc
- Master’s or bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field from an accredited university with high marks
- Track record of significantly growing publisher revenues over an extended period of time
- Fluency in English, German (not mandatory but preferred) and preferably one more European language – English is the corporate language both internally as well as externally.
- Strong analytical capabilities with proactive strategic communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, yet disciplined and detailed-oriented with good multitasking ability
About the role
- Research, prospect, source and qualify gaming publishers for our full service portfolio
- Support the planning and prioritisation of publisher sales activities, eg with a primary focus on managing, coordinating and communicating the sales pipeline
- Conduct sales enquiries using appropriate sales techniques
- Work closely with the rest of the publisher team as well as the account teams to continuously grow your publishers by providing them with the right campaigns
- Implement and optimise new publishers on our tracking platform and build long-lasting relationships with your assigned publishers
- Participate in select international online marketing conferences/events
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Epic Companies is looking for a Java Team Lead/Project CTO
Epic Companies is the new company-builder accelerator and incubator of ProSiebenSat.1 for eCommerce startups, based in Berlin. We aim to identify and realise at least five exciting online business concepts with strong value creation models each year. For our young and dynamic team we are looking for support in the area of IT and Java.
Epic Companies builds a unique combination of resources from the start: substantial seed financing, unparalleled customer reach via TV advertisement and brand-building capabilities through our partner ProSiebenSat.1 as well as extensive entrepreneurial expertise. We build on functional know-how, deep industry knowledge, and rigorous execution.
About the offer
Working in great team, in an enjoyable place,where every day is an opportunity to step it up. There is always the chance to take on more responsibility and develop your skill-set further. We always strive to learn something new and are excited by new approaches to doing things.
We ask for excitement, excellence, humour and passion. We value integrity. We like light-heartedness. We love to work with ambitious people with a can-do-attitude, without fear of taking risks and who are confident decision makers. Are you up to the challenge?
- Degree in (business) informatics/computer sciences or related sciences, ideally with a major in software development/engineering
- At least five years intensive object-oriented programming (design and programming) and good knowledge of current Java technologies (Java 7) and JEE 6 in general
- Profound knowledge in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in project management and development projects in Java
- High level knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
About the role
- Technical responsibility for a highly motivated Java team that implements complex Java projects
- Responsible for defining technical requirements and working close with the CTO on business solutions and project plans
- Ensuring that everyone follows the architecture guidelines and that a high quality standard is realised
- Documentating and presentating project results to the managing board and CTO
- Willing to take on role as a venture CTO in the near future
Feel free to contact us for further information or send your application directly to Helga Schmidt at email@example.com
Project A is looking for a Senior PHP Developer
For one of our new startups we are looking to fill the following position as soon as possible: Senior PHP Developer.
About the offer
- You will become part of a highly motivated and professional team
- You will gain the unique opportunity to experience and shape the construction of a recently founded company
- You have room to grow due to a high level of planning responsibilities
- You will work at a modern and top-notch office in the heart of Berlin
- You will work in a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
- You have successfully completed your studies in an IT-related department or an equivalent training, and have gained several years of professional experience
- You have relevant experience in object-oriented programming in PHP5 and MySQL
- You have a basic understanding of system administration (Linux, Apache or nginx)
- You are experienced in PHP MVC frameworks (Zend Framework) and TDD
- You focus on current trends in the IT sector, and you are familiar with modern development methods and instruments
- Ideally, you have knowledge of the eCommerce area (eg Magento, Oxid eSales, Zen-Cart, Hybris, Intershop, xt:Commerce)
- You are interested in the scaling of high performance websites, database optimisation, web services (REST, SOAP) and the sensible application of design patterns
- You combine analytic thinking with communication and teamwork skills
- You are fluent in English
About the role
- Improve and maintain demanding PHP-based projects
- Agile development of complex high-traffic web applications using PHP5
- Optimisation and standardisation of the system architecture
- Implementation of high-quality and scalable solutions in collaboration with the architectural and operating team
- Modern project management
We are looking forward to your online application.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the “Code VVLovesSummer” to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.