13. September 2013–
The German elections are less than 10 days away, so we understand if you’ve been trying to keep up with campaigns rather than searching for a job. Lucky for you, it’s that time of week again – we’ve done the hard work and put together a list of the hottest startup jobs in the country. So sit back, relax and get applying.
Profit Bricks is looking for a Senior Python Developer
For our location in Prenzlauer Berg in the heart of Berlin, we are currently looking for a Senior Python Developer for a permanent position.
About the offer
- You will constantly be working with the latest technologies, contributing to their continued development and making an important impact on the future of IaaS and cloud computing
- You will be able to recognise the success of your work very quickly, as you will cooperate and constantly exchange ideas with colleagues in various areas
- Commitment and an open, cooperative working style are typical of our corporate culture
- You will work in an international environment, together with over 70 people representing 20 different nationalities.
- You will be a part of the IT community and startup scene in Berlin, who are continuing to develop technologies and advancing new business models
- Your workplace will be in one of the most popular districts: Prenzlauer Berg. It offers IT experts a varied and interesting surrounding with a high quality of life
- You have several years of experience in the development of professional Python projects with a high degree of quality and release deadlines
- Ideally you are familiar with quality checking and/or quality assurance processes
- You have very good knowledge of the programming language Python
- You have thorough knowledge in the handling of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is an advantage)
- You have already completed successful projects using agile processes, particular Kanban
- Basic Linux knowledge and knowledge of networks are an advantage
- You have no problems in familiarising yourself with new, complex subject areas independently
- Learning new tasks enables you to demonstrate your ability to think abstractly, as well as your strong analytic and conceptional skills
- A very good command of written and spoken German and English is essential
About the role
As a member of our team, you are largely responsible for the continuing development of our testing and reporting frameworks and the tests based upon it. Together with our QA engineers you positively accompany internal projects from kickoff until “going live”. You ensure and support the quality of the software through code reviews, database analyses and software metrics. You create technical specifications, both independently and together with the team.
Interested? Then send us your application with the usual documents and stating your availability and salary requirements to email@example.com We look forward to receiving your application.
SponsorPay is looking for a Senior System Administrator
SponsorPay is the world’s leading value-exchange advertising platform. Our innovative solution drives the monetisation of premium content on platforms such as Facebook, iOS and Android through brand engagement, user acquisition and direct response ad campaigns.
We are headquartered in Berlin with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. We were honoured as one of the world’s top 100 digital media companies by OnMedia in 2013 as well as Europe’s second-fastest growing digital company by Media Momentum in 2012.
For our fast-growing Berlin office we are currently recruiting a Senior System Administrator.
About the offer
- Casual work environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a friendly atmosphere and open discussion
- Support and assistance in relocating from outside of Berlin
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fruit & free drinks everyday :)
- 5+ years working experience as an IT professional, 3+ years in the operations of web applications with high traffic volume
- Solid working-knowledge with Redhat/CentOS Linux installation and administration (including RHCS and DRBD)
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails deployments (Passenger, Unicorn, nginx)
- IPv4 network management and troubleshooting skills (iptables, Traffic Shaping, OpenVPN)
- Nagios/Icinga are a must – infrastructure-as-code is your middle name
- Experience in any/all of Graphite, Munin, Kibana/Logstash, Chef, Redis, memcached, beanstalk is a big plus
- “Problem solver” mentality
- Team player and natural mentor for junior system admins
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, highly motivated individual
- Very detail-oriented and thorough work approach
- Strong problem solving skills under pressure
- Willingness to monitor our systems and solve critical problem outside regular business hours (remotely of course)
About the role
As member of our IT operations team, you maintain and develop our server landscape with ~50 servers and various open source services. This infrastructure is currently handling up to 300K requests per minute, doubling every few months.
- With our DBA, you work to ensure and improve system uptime and response time, scaling the system as needed
- You work with our developers on changes to the infrastructure required by new features and products
- You maintain and further improve our monitoring systems
- You take part in the weekly on-call rotation and respond to service outages
We are looking for both full-time employees and freelancers. For freelance, it is important that you will be available in October (or earlier) and are able to work full-time until end of the year.
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals. We are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job (both technical and non-technical). If you are active on sites such as stackoverflow.com, Hacker News, Github or Twitter, please include your username(s) in your application.
Please apply at www.sponsorpay.com/careers.
Sugarhigh is looking for Marketing and Communications Manager
Our client is an international and innovative online network addressing both companies and private customers. We are looking for a qualified Marketing and Communications Manager located in Berlin or Paris.
Attractive compensation package.
- Successful completion of a degree in marketing or similar education
- At least 3-5 years marketing experience in a B2B environment
- Target-oriented, motivated to perform and self-driven work style
- Entrepreneurial mindset and affinity towards NGO topics
- Leadership experience would be preferred
- French native speaker, fluency in English in a business environment, German an asset
About the role
- Develop the company`s branding and offer portfolios towards B2B customers and partners
- Construct and expand B2B targets in strong cooperation with the sales team
- Designing and implementing a marketing plan to increase revenue
- Build strategic partnerships with specialised media online and offline as well as affiliation platforms
- Reporting to the Managing Director
If your background includes experience in marketing positions and you are fluent in business English, as well as a French native speaker, and bring in a strong start up mindset, you could be an excellent match for our client.
As a first step, please address your email application to AstridFischerfirstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our
online application tool in English. For an initial confidential exchange, Astrid Fischer will be available to you at: +49 – 30 – 700 115 036. Of course we can assure you of our absolute confidentiality and conscientious attention to restriction notices.
Mornin’ Glory is looking for a Biz Development Intern
Mornin’ Glory is a disruptive online brand for male grooming products. We started at the end of 2012 as a subscription service for razor blades and have since pursued our vision of providing regular guys with affordable, high-quality grooming products. We are a fun-loving, but highly performance-oriented team in the heart of Berlin and would love for you to join us!
About the offer
- 600 euro per month paid in cold, hard cash
- A 360-degree view into startup business development
- Free drinks in the office (we know: no big deal, but we’re trying)
- Lifetime supply of razor blades – girls, they work on your legs as well
- An office in swanky Prenzlauer Berg and a warehouse in sketchy Marzahn
- Next possible entry date: ASAP
- Studying (or completed studies in) business or a related field
- Advanced skills in analytical and structured thinking
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and PPT)
- High degree of flexibility and reliability – it’s a startup after all
- German native speaker and proficient in English (written/verbal)
- Available for a full-time role of at least 3-6 months
- Relevant knowledge and experience in consulting is a plus
About the role
- Development of internal and external business cases for a range of strategic projects within the company
- Support of management team in implementing those strategic projects under time and resource constraints
- Support of management team in fundraising from reputable European growth capital investors
- Creation of market entry strategies as basis for internationalisation of the business model
- Creation of product development strategies as basis for expanding the business model across categories
We want you!
If you feel you can handle the word “Mornin’ Glory” being on your CV (see also http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=morning+glory), explain that to your mum and kiss goodbye to any real job out there, we should talk.
We may have a rough sense of humor, but in return offer the chance to work in a young, small and highly professional team. You will directly report to one of our founders and managing directors and will enjoy a high level of visibility within the organisation.
We feel this is a great place for you if you are still in university or have just finished your studies and now want to quickly apply and broaden your knowledge, in particular in business development – maybe to start your own company at some point?
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.