29. November 2013–
Have you been in living in a dreamy haze since watching James Franco and Seth Rogen's Bound 3 (watch below)? We feel you... It's hard to concentrate on work/the job hunt when all you can think about is majestic white horses galloping in a river and Seth Rogen's regal body sprawled on a motorcycle. Lucky for you, it's that wonderful time of the week again. We've rounded up the top startup jobs in Europe, so you don't have to...
Versus is looking for a Digital Media Intern
Versus is one of Berlin's fastest growing companies backed by top investors including Earlybird and Dave McClure. Our office is situated in Berlin-Kreuzberg –nestled between Friedrichshain and Treptower Park. Since our launch we've seen an average growth of 35 per cent per month. We offer over 45 million comparisons in 18 languages and we're looking for talents to join the team.
- Work with an amazing team and in a fast-growing startup environment
- Our product was covered by TechCrunch, Mashable, GigaOM, VentureBeat, BBC, The Next Web, Lifehacker and many more
- Take responsibility from day one and manage challenges in various fields
- Be right in the center of Berlin's melting pot Kreuzberg right at Media-Spree, one of the coolest neighborhoods and startup communities
- Be part of Europe's new startup hub Berlin and a vibrant ecosystem of smart people and many career opportunities
- Strong analytical skills
- High affinity for the internet and related tech
- Interest in the digital media landscape and online analytics
- Motivation and the desire to learn everyday
- A strong sense of personal accountability and team accountability
- Team player
- Company language is English
To apply just send us an email with your photo resume and a short note about yourself to: email@example.com
Wooga is looking for a Marketing Manager
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, over 250 employees from 40 nations work together to develop top titles for a global audience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for both web and mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
Wooga seeks an analytical, enthusiastic marketing professional to join its marketing team as a Marketing Manager. This role will involve spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per month across multiple platforms – Facebook, iOS, Android, and others – in pursuit of Wooga’s user acquisition goals.
The ideal candidate has experience in mobile marketing campaign management as well as a thorough understanding of the most popular analytics platforms.
- Manage campaigns across a variety of gaming platforms and optimise the performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Consult with game teams regularly to understand profitability and growth goals
- Build models to forecast game growth against spending constraints and market trends
- Manage budgets and maintain profitability across dozens of active campaigns
Who we are looking for
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (relevant mobile/web marketing experience a plus)
- Master’s degree in economics, marketing, or another relevant field
- Results-oriented and strongly data-driven
- Expert in Excel
- Proven capacity of understanding cultural differences and embracing uncertainty
- Team player that can adapt easily to others and also work well under minimum supervision
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with Facebook mobile marketing (especially the Nanigans platform)
- Experience using Chartboost
- Experience with the freemium/free-to-play business model
- Deep interest in mobile gaming
Why join us
- Work at a fast-growing company that makes games – what could be more fun?
- Agile and quick decision-making culture
- International and dynamic team: the marketing team is comprised of people from Brazil, France, Turkey, and the USA
- Live in Berlin!
SponsorPay is looking for a Developer Relations Manager EMEA
SponsorPay fuels the app economy by providing smarter solutions for ad monetisation and is the world’s leading value-exchange advertising platform. Our innovative solution drives the monetisation of premium content on platforms such as Facebook, iOS and Android through brand engagement, user acquisition and direct response ad campaigns. In an era when 90 per cent of all apps in the Apple App Store are free, our solutions are crucial for publishers trying to generate revenue. Our innovative solutions help publishers to monetise their apps through smarter forms of advertising.
We work with thousands of partners including leading publishers Zynga, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and OutFit7 as well as renowned advertisers such as Coca Cola, Samsung, Warner Brothers and Volkswagen. Moreover SponsorPay has been honoured as one of the world’s top private advertising companies by OnMedia, OnMobile, Red Herring, White Bull and others.
We are headquartered in Berlin with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Istanbul, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For our Berlin headquarters we are currently looking for a Developer Relations Manager EMEA.
As Developer Relations Manager, you will play a key strategic role in the growth and success of the organisation. Using your business development skills, you will close partnerships with mobile application developers to integrate SponsorPay’s revenue management platform as their primary technology solution for ad monetisation.
- Your objective will be to rapidly accelerate the overall market adoption of the SponsorPay platform in Western and Northern Europe by identifying, contacting and bringing on board new developers and publishers on iOS and Android – with a specific focus on the games and entertainment verticals
- Provide input on the creation of marketing materials that effectively communicate the platform's benefits
- Capture market feedback and requirements that will empower the product team to build best-in-class features to fuel the growth of our partners
- Provide thought leadership for our partners via marketing reports, client case studies and data-driven facts that support the business and its growth
- Work towards attainable quarterly sales targets and meet or exceed these goals
- BA/BS Degree in business administration or a related subject
- 2+ years of experience in sales roles in the mobile or games industry
- Experience in B2B outbound marketing is a plus
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and driven work-style
- Passion and drive for the mobile app ecosystem
What We Offer
- Working environment in which your contribution can, and will, make the difference
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fun place to work, located in the heart of one of Europe’s most vibrant capital
- Free fruit and drinks every day
Visit us at www.SponsorPay.com/careers
Waymate is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer
Waymate is a high-growth eCommerce business: backed by well-known investors and growing rapidly, we are the leading transport and travel startup in Europe on a mission to provide millions of people with products they love. You’ll be working with some of the most talented people in their fields.
Waymate was the winner of the "First Smart Mobility Challenge" and was nominated as "European Startup of the Year", "Best Travel Technology Solution" and "Best Web App" at various awards. You will be a key person in our Global Growth Team, creating a unique and simple-to-use platform for all modes of transportation – flight, rail, bus, car pooling. No more checking on several platforms, really useful information beyond price and duration. With hacker time and tailored professional development, you’ll grow alongside industry leaders while helping to shape the future of transportation.
You are in charge of Waymate’s global marketing strategy and activities. You know all about building up a new brand and introducing new products. Attracting innovators, early adopters and the early majority via different channels is your mission. You have the passion and will to tackle consumer markets. You are creative, fun and a people person. You do everything from executing and driving online/mobile/offline campaigns, to overseeing branding, social media and advertising. You’ll build up your marketing team. You have a great track record in marketing, and you‘re really passionate about improving travel products. You enjoy metrics and are experienced in using data to make better marketing decisions.
- Develop a very smart and highly creative marketing strategy
- Efficiently manage our marketing budget and allocate resources appropriately
- Build up your marketing team
- Perform detailed analysis on competitors, markets, customer segments, channels and strategic positioning
- Generate awesome campaigns across all channels aimed at winning new users and retaining existing ones
- Build up effective and smart communication channels
- Analyse data from metrics and KPIs that you’ll set up and refine, further use this data to make informed marketing decisions and report to management and investors
- Oversee, steer all marketing activities and optimise the ROI of all channels
- Scale our sales and marketing activities
- Build and maintain key relationships with partners, media and others
Qualifications – What you should have
- Business degree required, marketing major or master's degree a plus
- 6+ years experience with at least two years experience in a senior management position
- Deep knowledge of successful marketing strategies across various channels, and understanding of why they have succeeded or failed
- Demonstrate experience in using different marketing channels to drive growth
- Strong planning and analytical skills in both marketing and competitive strategy
- Experience and ability in building and managing teams
- Strong understanding of social media products and how they can add value
- Proven track record in effectively developing and improving an online brand
- Proven success in executing both small and big projects with allocated budgets
- Ability to plan and execute at both strategic and operational levels
- Results-focused, have ability to set targets and measure results and their effectiveness
- Significant experience working with press, journalists and other media outlets
- Outstanding level of German, perfect level of English
- Team player who loves being part of a team, but who can also work independently and with plenty of initiative
- Startup track record
- Travel or tourism background
Additional Information – what we offer
- An exciting opportunity working for one of the fastest growing international transportation startups
- A position in a high-caliber tech team and a steep personal development path
- Being part of an experienced, dedicated and successful team of CxOs
- A great atmosphere in the office
- Attractive workplace in the heart of Berlin – you'll love the paddling pool on our rooftop terrace
- Competitive remuneration package, including a siginificant share in the Waymate Employee Phantom Stock Plan
- Starting immediately
- Creating travel and transit solutions that will have global impact
We're looking for doers and makers. People with a real passion for what they do, and a desire to change the travel industry, for the better. We have a great office space in the centre of Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” (including a pretty nice sun terrace with a paddling pool), an incredible team and a fascinating product with bags of potential. If that sounds like your kind of thing we want to hear from you right now!
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the "Code VVLovesSummer" to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.