German television company ProSiebenSat.1 has announced the six startups that will be participating in the first round of its three-month accelerator programme, which was launched at the beginning of this year. Over 150 applications were received, according to the company, and even though the programme can accept up to seven startups, only six were selected for this cycle.
Here are the startups who will be working with ProSiebenSat.1 in the programme:
- Ampido – an app which indicates the next free parking spot and also acts as a marketplace for renting out parking space
- Dreama TV – an online television network that provides inspirational video content from emerging talent and producers
- Get2Play – a tool that connects professional music teachers with those interested in learning musical instruments online
- JobCrowd – a social recruiting platform that lets users provide job recommendations and get referrals
- Moosify – an app that helps connect “young urban singles” with other like-minded people through music
- TicketHelden – a startup that wants to help make it easier and more affordable to purchase last-minute tickets
Held twice a year, the programme provides each startup €25,000 each in seed capital, office space, mentoring and access to ProSiebenSat.1’s broad network of media contacts – which makes it strikingly similar to the offering of the Axel Springer Plug and Play accelerator. As the race for startup talent heats up in the corporate world, it’ll be interesting to see who grooms the next big exit.
For related posts, check out:
ProSieben unveils new incubator – the ambitiously named Epic Companies
Corporate Germany’s love affair with startups: Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator opens for applications
ProSieben launches Berlin incubator headed by ex-Rocket CEO