23. September 2013–
German media giant ProSiebenSat.1 has revealed the seven startups participating in the second round of its three-month accelerator programme in Munich, launched earlier this year for early-stage startups in the media industry.
Meet the startups participating in the second cycle of its accelerator:
- Eyeglass24 is a Munich-based eyewear startup that wants to offer a more affordable alternative to purchasing glasses by allowing customers to re-use their frames. Customers can send in their specs and Eyeglass24 will outfit their frames with new lenses and send them back.
- Jurato is a platform for lawyers to offer their services online. It also wants to help legal advice seekers by providing an analysis tool that helps them find the right lawyer and compare prices.
- Kinematics is a modular robotics kit for children aged five years and older. It aims to introduce kids to the world of mechanics in a fun and entertaining way.
- myRADIOday offers users personalised radio on-the-go.
- Payever is an online payment startup. It lets eCommerce companies give customers the choice of paying in instalments while the shop itself receives the full payment from Payever at the time of billing.
- Storyfeed is a TV analytics service targeted at marketers, advertisers and eCommerce shops. It analyses TV programmes "around the clock" and offers real-time insights on trending content, demographic of users and performance of cross-media campaigns.
- Videostream360 hopes to make watching events more exciting by allowing users to obtain a 360-degree view of live broadcasts, concerts or events with its patented technology.
Held twice a year, the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator – which has a similar to structure to the Axel Springer Plug and Play – offers each startup €25,000 in seed funding, workspace, mentoring and access to network of media contacts in return for five per cent equity.
For related posts, check out:
ProSiebenSat.1 unveils the startups taking part in its first accelerator programme
Corporate Germany’s love affair with startups: Axel Springer Plug and Play Accelerator opens for applications
Axel Springer Plug and Play kicks off in Berlin – meet the accelerator’s first eight startups