27. May 2013–
The EU Commission has revealed the twelve finalists for its summer startup competition Tech All Stars – which begins in Berlin on 7 June, moves to London with remaining three startups and culminates in Dublin with one winner announced at the Digital Agenda event on 19 June.
Selected teams will get the opportunity to attend exclusive tech events, mingle with the mover and shakers of the European startup scene and gain exposure for their company. In Berlin, Tech All Stars teams up with Angelsbootcamp – a master class for aspiring angel investors – to host two days of learning, networking and pitching.
Here are the twelve European startups battling it out for the top spot:
- Trustev – a "social fingerprinting" system to tackle online fraud
- Infantium Team – a learning technology that personalises education for children
- Snap Fashion – an online visual search engine for purchasing clothing
- Transmetrics – an IT product that helps transport companies make their networks more efficient
- Temptster – a pocket guide for recommendations on where to eat and go out
- Viewsy – location analytics to help retailers better understand customers behaviour in physical space
- Mist.io – a service for managing and monitoring servers across clouds
- EcoChain – an application that calculates the environmental footprint of your products so you can increase profit in a sustainable manner
- CLYC – a digital bicycle lock with key-less functions that connects to your smartphone
- Babelverse – on-demand interpretation of languages available on any device
- SportSquare Games – a Facebook soccer game startup
- SNTMNT – a tool for capturing and analysing social media buzz for financial markets
The lucky winner will be presented with an award by Vice President of the European Commission Neelie Kroes (pictured below) in Dublin.
Tech All Stars is one of the many EU initiatives currently being run to foster web entrepreneurship and connect startups with the people and resources to help them succeed. Kroes, who is also embarking on a Startup Europe tour this year to support talent across the region, firmly believes that "tech entrepreneurs are the secret ingredient to innovate Europe out of crisis".
For related posts, check out:
Startups, meet investors – Tech All Stars and Angels Bootcamp team up in Berlin
Startupbootcamp revs up global expansion and eyes new headquarters
EU launches Startup Europe and Leaders Club to bolster support for entrepreneurs