The formula to creating a tech company commercial is pretty obvious (watch below): designer glasses, fast editing, crisp cinematography and tons of independent creative professionals. But the formula for landing a job at a tech startup? Not so obvious… Thankfully, it’s that wonderful time of week again – we’ve rounded up the top startup jobs in Berlin to make your job hunt easier.
Gutscheinsammler.de is looking for a Country Manager UK
Newly launched voucher site Voucherbox.co.uk is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working UK Country Manager to join our team in Berlin.
Voucherbox is a new project founded by the team behind Gutscheinsammler.de, the leading voucher site in Germany with more than 1.3 million visitors a month.
The UK Country Manager will be responsible for all UK operational activities including sourcing and quality of vouchers, social media management, editorial content, PR management, search marketing and email marketing. The responsibilities of this position oﬀer an excellent opportunity for career advancement in the digital media industry as well as the challenges of working within a fast growing pan-European startup. The role is available immediately and is based in Berlin.
About the offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance
- Beautiful Mitte oﬃce in the heart of Berlin’s thriving creative sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Native or fluent English – conversational German at minimum
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Experience building and managing a local team of freelancers
- Ability to translate analysis into increasing results
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work towards deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, enthusiastic and most of all a team player
About the role
- Content management: sourcing vouchers, managing editorial content, ensuring content is timely and accurate
- Marketing analysis and optimisation: analytics monitoring, optimising site content, testing user flows and content
- SEO: link-building, reputation management, PR
- Social media management: user engagement on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your CV and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Findch is looking for a CFO (or better: a Chief Cash Officer)
We are on a mission to create a product search engine that delivers a unique consumer experience – simple, visual and inspiring. We are working with some great talent ranging from award-winning entrepreneurs to top-tier designers. If you would like to join our team, get in touch: email@example.com
We are now looking for a CFO – or better: a Chief Cash Officer (we’re still a startup). The job is all about taking care of daily cash-flow management, structuring legal contracts with our lawyers, and so on. In other words: keeping the CEO’s back free from most corporate issues.
So, don’t apply if you are not willing to get your hands dirty with more than just Excel sheets and number-crunching.
About the offer
- Salary and stock options
- A small team of friendly colleagues :-)
- You will be working closely with the company founders
- Fluent in english, German a plus
- Experienced in CFO position
- Experienced in controlling budgets, accounting, cash-flow management
- Experienced in online business models, revenue streams and metrics are a plus
- Roll-up-sleeves mentality
- Ability to think outside the box and find the best possible solutions
- Willing to go the extra mile when needed
- 100 per cent reliability and integrity
About the role
- Cash-flow management (as the job title says), cash-flow projections etc
- Financial reports
- Update financial plans regularly
- Liasing with accounting and tax offices
- HR management (payroll accounting, manage ESOP)
- Structure contracts with legal office (deals, termsheets, HR contracts etc)
- Member of Board of Directors
To apply, please contact:
KaufDA is looking for a Junior SEM/SEA Manager International
Here at BIG (Bonial International Group) we bridge the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. What began in late 2008 in a shared flat has grown into a global company with offices on three continents.
Headquartered in Berlin, BIG has more than 250 employees worldwide. Our innovative solutions set the standards – we are one of the leading mobile companies in Europe and operate one of the biggest websites in each country whose market we’ve entered. We work with the largest blue chip retailers around the world.
This is the result of the dedication, desire and diligence of an international team of personalities brimming with creativity and drive. We believe that the sky is the limit for our product and because of this, BIG is in a constant state of change and improvement. Today, the company is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people in Germany, France, Spain, Russia and Brazil. Their limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all our users and clients worldwide. Think BIG.
About the offer
- One of the leading mobile pioneers with groundbreaking marketing know-how
- A young and dynamic team with flat hierarchies and a close-knit atmosphere
- The chance to pitch your ideas and broaden your horizons
- The possibility to build up a department, establish processes and take on more responsibilities
- Long-term thinking with career advancement in a professional and successful working environment
- An attractive salary
- Regular team events where you can get to know your colleagues better
- A modern office in the centre of Berlin with coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruit
- You already have work experience in the field of SEM/ campaign management/display marketing
- You keep yourself updated about SEM, maybe with your own site or blog
- You can communicate in English and/or German without any difficulty
- You interact well with others and always stay on the ball
- You’re interested in websites and mobile apps more than the average user
- You possess a very good technical understanding in the area of SEM
- You exhibit an analytical way of thinking and enjoy working with numbers
- You always understand the big picture and complete your tasks with commitment and in a goal-oriented manner
About your role
- You will identify search trends and make sure that we’re always one step ahead of our competitors
- You will support and advise our international offices with respect to SEM
- You’re responsible for the transfer of knowledge and ensure that the best practices of our German team are passed on to our international offices
- As the contact person for our international colleagues and the point where all information is conveyed, you will have an overview of all numbers all the time
- You will support our teams in France, Spain, Russia and Brazil in terms of planning, execution and analysis of their campaigns
- If necessary, you will assist with the planning, preparation and execution of launches in new markets
- You will support the German team in continuously improving their campaign’s performance and client’s satisfaction
Our company is taking off in a BIG way – would you like to hop on? Then apply here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/kaufDA/73304286-junior-sem-sea-manager-international-m-f-
For more information: http://www.bonialinternationalgroup.com/careers/kaufda/
Empora Group is looking for a Research Engineer
Empora Group GmbH is a young business that helps fashion shoppers with a range of exciting services to find the right outfit. In addition to our search engine site, Empora offers continuously updated product recommendations through its own user-generated street style and celebrity sites.
The technology that underpins Empora’s proposition is deeply rooted in computer vision and machine learning, in particular the automated extraction of visual characteristics such as shape and colour that can be used for image search.
About the offer
We are now looking to recruit full-time engineers with strong development skills, a keen interest in mathematics and some previous experience with techniques from machine learning and image processing. Together we will be working on a range of applied problems in the areas of computer vision and machine learning with the objective to keep the company at the forefront of innovation. The main project areas you’d be involved in are:
- Interactive segmentation of street style images for similarity search
- Material/texture classification and automated image annotation
- Key point detection and product matching for mobile devices
- Automated segmentation of product images with conditional random fields and other probabilistic models
All of these will encompass a mixture of mathematical modelling, algorithm design, prototyping and production-grade development.
We’d like you to have at least some of the below:
- A first degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, computer science or engineering
- Some research experience (for example, through a BSc or MSc thesis) in the areas of image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- Solid programming skills, preferably in Java and/or C, C++, C#
- Some hands-on experience with relevant open source libraries such as OpenCV and Weka
Applications should include a cover letter, CV and documentation of some previous research work in relevant areas. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. Just enter the “Code VVLovesSummer” to get yourself a 50 per cent discount!
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a sponsored post.