12. November 2013–
You Is Now, the incubator and accelerator launched by ImmobilienScout24, has announced the next batch of startups entering its accelerator programme.
Over the course of the next three months, the startups will receive mentoring and work from ImmobilienScout24's Friedrichshain office. They'll also get €25,000 in seed funding without having to give any shares up to You Is Now. The accelerator claims it received over 220 applications for the current round and worked in collaboration with the Founder Institute, which is headquartered in Silicon Valley, to choose five to enter the programme.
"By partnering with the Founder Institute, we're building a bridge between Berlin and Silicon Valley," said Sascha Karstädt, Programme Manager of the accelerator. "The Founder Institute will support the teams through intensive coaching sessions and mentoring."
Meet the startups
- Capsuling.Me: A location-based mobile and tablet app that provides users with relevant media content depending on where they are. The startup also won a scholarship to the Founder Institute in Berlin last year.
- Leinentausch: An online agency for dog owners to find the appropriate carer for their four-legged friends.
- Orderlift: A real-time inventory management system for small regional businesses. It provides these businesses with shortcuts to sell their products and services online.
- Smartcheckups: Fitting with You Is Now's ImmobilienScout background, this startup is an iPad app which makes inspecting and handing over apartments easier. It generates notes, photos and a handover certificate.
- Storagebook: A comparison portal for self-storage spaces, both for individuals and businesses. Users rent a private storage box located nearby, it's available in multiple German cities.