Trends, Innovationen und Digitales aus dem Mobilitätsbereich

Today in Germany: Uber, Kreditech, Advocado, Turtle Entertainment, HomeToGo


Uber has issues finding new drivers

Taxi competitor Uber has issues finding new drivers in Germany. Reason for that is the regulation Uber has to follow after German courts decided that the peer-to-peer service UberPOP operated illegally in Germany. To continue the service as a professional drivers, each one has to get a licence. Getting it can take between four and 14 months, Fabian Nestmann, Uber's country manager in Germany, stated.
[WirtschaftsWoche] (German)

Peter Thiel invests in Kreditech

Hamburg-based fintech startup Kreditech, that applies big data to score the creditworthiness, raised a Series C round. Beside others the PayPal founder Peter Thiel invested. As CEO Sebastian Diemer states the first part of this round is about worth €40 million, the second will be between 50 and 100 million.
[Gründerszene] (German)

Advocado raises a mid six-digit figure

Mecklenburg-Hither Pomerania based Advocado raises a mid six-digit figure round. The startups offers a platform that connects lawyers and their clients. The fresh investment comes from MBMV (Mittelständischen Beteiligungsgesellschaft MV) and will be used for marketing, sales, and product development.
[Gründerszene] (German)

E-Sports empire Turtle Entertainment sells 74 percent for €78 million

Cologne-based Turtle Entertainment sells 74 percent of its shares to Sweden-based entertainment group MTG for €78 million. The other 26 percent stay with the the founders and the management team, which will stay on board.
[Gründerszene] (German)

HomeToGo launches in the UK and in Spain

Berlin-based HomeToGo, a metasearch engine for holiday rentals, launches in the UK and Spain today and announces details of its last funding round. The startup says it raised €6 million from DN Capital and Acton Capital Partners.

Image: Some rights reserved by MattJP


Follow The Heureka on:

In Kooperation mit