Start: Jan 01, 2018
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: With work experience
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 500 team members from over 42 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Country Manager (France/Benelux) for our Team in Berlin!
Your mission as a Country Manager will be to help us to grow our Western European markets, France and BeNeLux.
- Define the growth strategy and associated marketing plan for Babbel’s Western European region.
- Provide local consumer insights to inform marketing plan & investment decisions
- Lead the Western Europe geo team made up of 10 plus channel managers.
- Manage the P&L of the region, including steering the development of revenue, subscription base, brand awareness and all localization efforts in order to maximize advertising efficiency.
- Distribute & approve the marketing budget per channel to optimize user acquisition and retention.
- Lead or sponsor Western Europe-specific multi-channel communication campaigns.
- Coach channel managers on the execution of all marketing plans locally.
- Coordinate and share knowledge with fellow Country Managers.
- Support channel leads on hiring decisions for the Western Europe geo area.
- Reporting directly to the Director of International Growth.
- 5+ years of experience in (online) marketing, user acquisition, consulting and/or business development with strong international exposure.
- Full fluency in all aspects of spoken and written French as a minimum, and ideally a knowledge of another regional language like Dutch.
- Full fluency in spoken and written English.
- Resided in France or another Western Europe region country for some time, with a strong understanding of the local culture, language and business norms.
- Superior quantitative skills combined with strong financial & marketing planning capabilities.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends & technologies in online marketing is a plus.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial start-up attitude, hands-on mentality, high motivation and willingness to learn.
- Previous experience with an online and/or subscription business model is a plus.
- Previous leadership experience is a plus.
- Have a highly visible role in growing one of our core markets, Western Europe.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- Participate in hackdays and growth days from day one.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits. (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.