Start: Feb 01, 2018
Employment type: Full Time
Experience: Career starter
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Junior HR Administration Manager and help us change the way the language learning is done!
As an Junior HR Administration Manager, your mission will be to work in partnership with managers and their teams, with individual employees, and with externals to provide services that create a work environment of employee empowerment in the business.
- Be the key contact person for junior to mid-level employees, prospective employees and third parties regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Ensure that HR records, contractual changes and other people related documentation for junior to mid level employees is processed and recorded in electronic and paper form
- Assist with payroll preparation by providing relevant data and ensure accurate delivery of payroll
- Assist with handling work permits
- Handle HR tickets in a timely and compliant manner
- Support with managing intermediate and final reference letters
- Provide guidance and consultation to apprentices
- Basic working experience in an HR Admin team, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment
- Excellent Business German and English skills, both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge in German labor law, particularly in relation to contract agreements and right to work
- Basic knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Good comprehension of and affinity for Babbel’s tools and values, as well as MS Office (in particular Word and Excel)
- Good active listening skills, clear communication style and high intercultural awareness
- Comprehensive coaching by our Senior HR Admin Manager.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin.
Join one of the fastest growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience!