7. September 2012–
Job interviews are funny old things – prospective employers can be a demanding and unpredictable bunch. Make sure you're prepared, personable and ready to take the lead. Fortunately our list of awesome employers should be slightly easier to speak to than Bernard Black, and hopefully they'll remember you in the morning too. Read on for our pick of the Berlin startup jobs this week...
Head of Marketing at pan-European e-commerce start-up
About the role
As the Head of Marketing of a pre-launch eCommerce startup, this role is cross-functional and multifaceted. As one of the earliest members of a growing team, this role will be a great opportunity for someone with prior startup marketing experience to drive a wide variety of initiatives and to build a marketing team.
- Contribute to building the brand both on and offline
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan
- Work on a broad range of marketing activities including online ads, social media, PR, co-branding, affiliate marketing and other areas
- Manage and optimise the marketing budget as agreed with the management
- Plan, develop and execute marketing campaigns that drive traffic and online conversion
- Manage external agencies such as media distribution, PR and creative digital agencies
- Determine the appropriate metrics for measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or similar studies
- 4+ years professional marketing experience with emphasis on online marketing at startups or established e-commerce organisations
- Experience with developing budgets and controlling costs
- Experience with social media driven campaigns
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to establish goals, objectives and priorities that communicate the organisation’s vision
- Ability to think on your feet and plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organised fashion
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a startup environment and strong hands-on attitude
- Fluent in both English and German (written and oral)
About the offer
- Adequate compensation consisting of salary and equity
- The chance to be an active team member of a disruptive internet company in a dynamic,creative and cooperative work environment
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally in a fast growing company and have a tangible impact on a daily basis
- Location: Berlin‐Mitte/Prenzlauer Berg
- Start: Immediately
We are a new Berlin-based Angel/VC-backed startup, which is building a disruptive pan-European e-commerce business targeting the male grooming sector. If you would like to learn more about us and this position, please send your application (incl. cover letter and CV) to: email@example.com
Amen is looking for a Business Intern
About the role
- Work with senior management
- Assistance in fund raising and investor relations
- Researching and putting together relevant data for pitch decks
- Communication with investors
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Powerpoint and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Business background
- Time Span: 3-6 months, preferably starting now
Amen is looking for a Web Engineer
About the role
- Build new web features on top of the internal JSON API
- Work closely with other developers to define and change the JSON API and architecture
- Participate in managing the infrastructure that runs Amen
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of agile software development practices.
Waymate is looking for Web Development Wunderkind
Do you believe there are much better ways to display transportation and travelling – both web and mobile? Do you want to work on innovative applications with great impact on society? Do you enjoy tweaking something until it works just right? Can you provide smart ideas and experiments about what’s possible? Do you work hard to help others to achieve their best results? Do you want to be amazed, inspired and proud of your job every day? Waymate is looking for a talented web developer to work on our innovative application with our incredible team!
- Be able to develop a clear product vision: from mobile, web and desktop related issues to social media & location based services
- Introduce Waymate-Lab: A place where we collaborate with other developers around the world on an open-source basis.
- Contribute your skills to shake up web & mobile transportation
- Inspire the team with your ideas ideas, experiments and approaches
- Build new, elegant and innovative product features
- Maintain the current product features to ensure clean code and a bug-free experience
- Work on new key features, contribute to the product and optimize performance
You don’t need to be senior. You are simply a web development wonder kid. A visionary with hands-on pragmatism. Curious about the latest trends, developments and talk-of-town. You combine both world-class engineering and visionary product development. You are full of passion. You want to contribute to something really big.
- Outstanding knowledge of the core of our current technology stack: Rails, Ruby, CSS, jQuery, Java, usw
- Exceptional product development and UX capabilities
- Very strong skills in building and maintaining web applications – from concept to production
- Passion for creativity, innovative approaches and highly elegant solutions
- Experience with building state-of-the-art user interfaces with web technologies
- Passion. Perfectionism. Taste
The job offers lots of challenges and you’ll get all the benefits of joining a young startup that’s aiming high. We have a great office space in the centre of Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” (incl. an amazing sun terrace with a paddling pool), an incredible team and a fascinating product with bags of potential. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we want to hear from you.
Waymate lets you plan, compare and book your journey quickly and easily, all in one simple yet elegant interface
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Being part of Waymate is a job that requires a lot of you, but it’s also one that rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. We’re firm believers that every detail matters, creativity is everyone’s responsibility, and passion and drive trump experience.
We’re a small team doing big things. Berlin is the place to be for startups right now – and we’re right in the thick of it. You’ll be coming to work in our new office space at one of the liveliest spots in the city, Rosenthaler Platz. What’s more, our office comes complete with its own roof terrace, sun loungers and paddling pool!
Madvertise is looking for Junior Account Manager International // madvertise Mobile Advertising
We are a successful, rapidly growing mobile advertising startup with currently 90 staff members, first-rate VC backing and our headquarters in the heart of Berlin!
To grow our business in Europe we need an Account Manager to support the international Sales Manager in their daily business and to satisfy our clients' needs on a high level of service. The ideal candidate already gained some experience in the account management of international digital media agencies, networks and publishers. The primary focus of this position is to manage current demand partners, support the global expansion, and interact with madvertise tech department as well as with ad operations to secure smooth set up of campaigns in the madvertise network.
About the role
- Account Management of existing demand clients located around the world (media agencies, media buyers, direct advertisers, etc.)
- Maximise revenue potential from international key accounts in order to meet revenue-based targets
- Develop strategies to optimise campaign creation of presentations, proposals, status reports, performance analysis and forecasts
- Consult media agencies and direct clients concerning all aspects of an optimal and performance orientated mobile advertising campaign
- Analyse client’s demand and develop tailor-made solutions
- Be the go-to guy for advertising clients during the runtime of the campaign
- Support the Sales Team in negotiating business terms for a collaboration with Madvertise
- Master and maintain vast knowledge of clients business, competition and latest industry news and trends in order to provide consultation and support to your clients
- Work closely with different departments at the HQ and our different countries
You will need
- Minimum of two years work experience as an Account Manager in digital media business, preferably Display Advertising online/mobile
- Experienced in supporting and servicing clients using advertising products and technology
- Understanding of ad management platform and technologies
- Knowledge about the global advertising scene
- Very good English language skills near a native level, other languages advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for internal and external use
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce.com)
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized, multi-tasking – ability to manage a high number of inputs
- Ability to act autonomously
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and curiosity
- Results-oriented, articulate, persuasive
- Become part of a true boom industry: Online was yesterday, today it’s Mobile!
- Enjoy the team spirit in dynamic a startup as well as the charm and uniqueness of Berlin!
- Staff benefits like company smartphones, regular team events and much more!
- Responsibility from day one: work on exciting projects with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- Great opportunities for personal advancement with a clear career perspective!
- Starting Date: September 2012
- Location: Berlin
- Offer: competitive fixed salary + commission
Madvertise is the specialist in mobile advertising and offers the widest range of mobile websites and applications in Europe. Our technology and platform is specially adapted for mobile needs to secure fast and efficient mobile campaign placement. For our publishers and app developers, we achieve the highest effective CPMs and CPCs in the market. Our company has grown to workforce of over 90 employees. We are headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and have branch offices in London, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Paris and Istanbul.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org