7. February 2014–
In between watching the Sochi Olympics and laughing at the viral images of yellow water, uncovered manholes and derelict hotel rooms from said Olympics, you might think you're too busy for a job. That's why we're here to remind you that, although the Olympics fun will soon get old, your job in a great startup won't. So polish your CV, update your LinkedIn and whip up some cover letters – we've rounded up the hottest startup jobs so all you have to do is get applying.
And finally – thank you, Canada:
Wine in Black is looking for a Frontend Developer
- Continuous improvement of the Wine in Black shop platform
- Supporting the conception of new user interfaces
- Conception and development of responsive HTML templates
- Performing cross browser tests
- Independent implementation of your own projects using Scrum methods
- You have successfully completed your studies in an IT-related subject or you have an equivalent professional education
- You are proficient in working with a development environment (IDE) and with debugging tools (Firebug, WebDeveloper Toolbar, Charles, etc.)
- Your are experienced in dealing with JS Libraries, especially with jQuery
- You are experienced in the implementation of high-performance websites and ideally also have a good knowledge of PHP
- You have a profound knowledge of web standards and client specific particularities
- You are a fast learner with high self-motivation and a structured, result-oriented approach
What we offer
- Become part of an enthusiastic and motivated team
- Gain the unique chance to take forward our growth with your own ideas
- Train your skills thanks to the high degree of entrepreneurial freedom
- Work in a super modern office right at the center of Berlin
- Benefit from a communicative, inspiring and motivating environment
- And of course plenty of first-class wines
If you are interested in our job offer please send your application (including cover letter, CV as well as relevant reference letters – if possible as a PDF document) to email@example.com. Please quote “Application: Frontend Developer” as subject and please also state your salary expectations as well as your potential starting date.
This is a fulltime job at our Berlin office. The position is available from now on.
Small Improvements needs an Angular.js Developer
Here's your chance to work on the bleeding edge! We're rewriting and beefing up our entire front-end. We're using AngularJS (and REST on the back-end) so this is your chance to work exclusively on new technology!
This is no ordinary job. Our existing front-end is already getting rave reviews from our customers, and the majority of the front-end was only built in the past two years, so it's not even a legacy application yet. But good isn't good enough, we're aiming a lot higher now and want to make the user experience truly amazing: Just as pretty as before, but faster, more responsive and more interactive too.
Can you help? We've already hired two full-time AngularJS developers who have started working on the prototype, and the results are amazing. You'll start by helping them, but then you'll also be in charge of prototyping and creating entire features on your own. You'll demo your results to our marketing and sales people, then to our clients, and incorporate feedback from them all the time. We value team work, code reviews and honest feedback, but everyone has to be able to work independently as well.You're encouraged to blog on our tech blog and to attend Barcamps, Meetups and Conferences. We sent two people to jQuery Europe in Vienna for instance, we sponsored RejectJS Berlin, Uncubed, BEDcon, and several others. The entire company heads to New York in October for our company all-hands meeting.
Who we're looking for
AngularJS may be pretty new, but we expect you to be very good at it already. We already have two smart AngularJS developers, so you'll need to impress them. We assume that five to six months of full-time AngularJS exposure will be required to impress. Any prior experience in with Backbone, Ember or Metero will be appreciated, but please don't apply without strong AngularJS experience.
We expect you to learn and improve, but we don't hire if you have to start at zero. We'll want to see some of your previous code during a Skype call, and we'll then invite you to a proper trial working session during which we'll give you real life tasks. Our other core requirement is that you've developed projects of your own (in any modern language really). Show us apps or games you wrote for fun, or Open Source projects you contributed to.
This is a position in Berlin. You can work from home frequently, take extended leave, or work only four days a week. We don't have deadlines, and we're very flexible. However, the position is mainly in Berlin, and you need to be able to drop by for the trial work, and we cannot help you with visa matters. You'll need basic German skills as well. While our intranet and software is in English, and we all understand English well, you'll feel left out if you aren't able to pick up what we're talking about in general. You don't need to be fluent yet, but a desire to improve your German is expected.
Contact: Per Fragemann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Point Nine Capital needs a Team Assistant
Hi there! We are Point Nine, a small seven-person team (from three countries) that invests in young technology companies worldwide. Don’t worry, we're all set on the investment side of things so you don’t have to be the next Warren Buffet! However, we do need somebody that can take over the office management, help with some financial tasks and assist our team with the typical day-to-day hustle of office life.
This is the profile we are looking for
- Fluency in English and German (both verbal and written)
- First experience as an office manager in a fast-moving (technology) company
- Great general organisational and project management skills
- Prolificacy with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to step out of their comfort zone and try/work on new things
- Someone that takes on responsibility without too much handholding and has a get-things-done mentality
- As a big bonus: Bookkeeping/accounting experience
If you bring this to the table, here's what you would do (initially)
- Support our Finance Manager Dominik (he’s nice) with the four-eyes principle
- Manage the document and communication flow with multiple external parties
- Lead the organisation of various events (one big, like this and a few smaller ones)
- Keep our digital and physical documents tidy and organised
- Make sure we have enough fruit, snacks and drinks in the office (yes, you can pick your favourites!) and help us with the interior design (we are no Picasso)
- Host and take care of guests coming to the office
- Assist the team with travel arrangements and other errands
- And ideally: Also help out on the accounting/bookkeeping side
Still interested? Then this is what’s in it for you
- You will join a young and dynamic team (our average age is below 30) and can have a major impact on the company culture
- Insights into and the chance to build a network with the European tech community
- A nice, open workplace in the heart of Berlin, a shiny MacBook Air to work away on and as much Nespresso as you can handle
- The opportunity to grow into other roles within the company
- Competitive compensation
Please send your application and CV (or LinkedIn) to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal information provided to Point Nine Management GmbH will be treated as confidential and used only in relation to the recruitment process undertaken by Point Nine Management GmbH.
Westwing is looking for a Senior System Administrator
Westwing is a high-growth eCommerce business: Backed by well-known investors with over $150m in funding and growing rapidly, we are the leading Home & Living eCommerce company in Europe on a mission to provide our millions of members with stylish furniture and homewares from well-known brands they love.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior System Administrator (m/f) to join our international technology team.
We offer high degrees of responsibility and autonomy as well as great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Additionally you will find an attractive working environment in a dynamic eCommerce sector involving steep learning curves and flat command structure.
- LAMP / LNMP
- nginx, php-fpm, apc, gearman, memcache, mogilefs
- php profiling (xhprof, xdebug,..)
- MySQL Query optimization
- passionate about performance tuning
- vmware vsphere 5, hp lefthand, ssds
- hardware loadbalancers
- 10g networking, routing, BGP, openvpn
- zend framework based ecommerce shop system
- automated deploy and monitoring, jenkins, munin, icinga, cacti, newrelic, pingdom
- Maintain our complex infrastructure including web applications
- Optimise our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours
- Ensure automated configuration management
- Work closely with development
- Participation in our 24/7 continuous support team
- You are familiar with most of the keywords described above
- You don’t care if we use puppet, chef, cfengine or ansible as long as we do use it
- You have several years of experience in high traffic environments with PHP5
- You can install a usual LAMP stack without looking at the screen
- You are very experienced with MySQL
- You are passionate about what you do (or call it proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and a self-structured way of working)
- You are fluent in English and feel comfortable working in an English team
Please forward your application documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) indicating your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
Are you still looking for fresh, new talent? Check out our VentureVillage Job Board and also post your openings there. If you’re interested in posting your latest job listing here, please send an email to email@example.com
This article is a sponsored post.