8. June 2012–
The drama as the game commences and you feel your heart start to quicken. The adrenaline of being in full flow, on top of your game. The tears of frustration when it doesn't go your way. The elation when it does. Yes, we know that Euro 2012 is just around the corner, but surely you can manage to squeeze in some gainful employment into your busy schedule?
Here's a trailer to get you in the mood for the kickyball, plus, you know, some amazing jobs in Berlin...
Country Manager UK (m/f)
barcoo links products in stores with independent consumer information. Your mobile phone becomes a barcode scanner and shows you everything you need to save money, take care of your health and our environment: price comparison, test reports, health, green and sustainability information. See us in action on flickr.
With currently more than six million downloads, barcoo is one of the most successful apps in Europe. Behind this success stands checkitmobile GmbH, a start-up in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
About the role
You are responsible for the UK expansion of barcoo. At the heart of this position is:
- Business Development: identifying new content sources, initiate and negotiate relations with possible partners
- Product Management: coming up with (content-) features that might help make barcoo more useful and valuable for UK consumers
- Content Marketing: identifying possible PR stories and coordinating our UK PR efforts.
- You will be working in our Berlin office and travelling to London on demand.
- UK native
- Based in Berlin or willing to move to Berlin
- Willing to take on responsibility for personnel in a growing start-up
- Professional experience preferably in the internet industry
- Good technical understanding of mobile and internet technologies
- Experience in Product Management desirable
- Affinity to sustainable lifestyle
- Knowledge and experience in developing business relationships
- Sound understanding of the British consumer market and society
- Presentational skills and outgoing personality
About the offer
- The opportunity to create a successful mobile service in UK based on barcoo’s success in Germany. Millions of consumers use our app to help with their next purchase. Work with people who passionately develop and improve the barcoo project.
- A growing start-up gives you many opportunities for personal development, and to take responsibilities. We offer not only a great working environment in a successful startup, but also an exciting location in the heart of Berlin as well as travels to London and the opportunity to progress with us in a rapidly evolving industry: the mobile Internet.
Atlantic Ventures is looking for an Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO
Atlantic Ventures is an entrepreneurial ventures firm focused on creating and supporting innovative ventures. Led by Christophe Maire, who co-founded Gate5, Plazes and txtr and has 15 years of experience in company building and investing, we have been involved in numerous success stories such as SoundCloud, Amen, Gidsy and Monoqi. As we prepare to start our next venture, we want you to join our team as Entrepreneur-in-Residence and CEO.
- Completed studies in business or another relevant field, ideally with a Masters degree from a renowned university or an MBA from a top-tier business school
- Several years of work experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment (eg management consulting, eCommerce or other startup, etc)
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills – ability to build, motivate, structure and grow a functionally diverse team
- Strong analytical skills – ability to set up efficient business processes and develop an organization from scratch
- Keen and able to cover a broad range of topics from consumer branding and marketing to operations, IT and finance
- Passionate about living the lifestyle of an entrepreneur – pragmatic, bias for action and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent German and English skills
About the offer
- The chance to run a disruptive internet company within the next three months
- Access to a broad and strong network within the internet industry
- Adequate compensation plus attractive equity stake
- Location: Berlin-Mitte
- Start: Immediately
How to apply
Send your CV and a few lines on why you’re the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
GetYourGuide is looking for a Product & Sales Manager Internship
GetYourGuide.com, the online booking website for tours and activities, and one of the fastest-growing startups in travel (from bus sightseeing in London to shark diving in Cape Town) is looking for a smart, forward-thinking problem solver to join their Berlin team. In the paid, three-month internship, you'd have the chance to convince them of a full-time position and you also get pizza every Friday.
About the post
You'd be in charge of establishing successful relationships with key tour and activity suppliers from around the world via phone and email, supporting and educating suppliers about how to use platform, and attending travel expos and workshops to meet with people active in the tourism industry.
An internet-savvy and travel enthusiast who's approachable, confident, and (ideally) well-travelled and experienced in client-interaction such as customer service.
How to apply
If you're interested, email your CV as well as a letter of motivation (describing your sales personality) to email@example.com with the subject line “VV Product Management”.
BGPM needs a German and English-speaking communication strategist
About the post
This American-gone-German company is on the hunt for a Communication strategist with a particular talent for social media. In the position, you'll need to deliver user-focused campaigns and coordinate strategies with suppliers and the HQ communications department.
You will have communications experience, particularly in internet and mobile technologies, connections to key media and other influencers, and fluency in German and English. If interested, send your CV, photo and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you're interested in posting your latest job listings here please send an email to email@example.com