28. September 2012–
Berlin – spiritual home of trance music and with U-Bahn stations that range from the beautiful to the brutal. This week cult Berlin band Trike demonstrate how you can merge the two Berlin mainstays by dancing to trance... in U-Bahn stations.
But sparkly trousers and facepaint won't buy themsleves – best to get yourself a startup job in one of the coolest companies in the city to fund your newfound love. Read on for the hottest jobs in Berlin this week. And keep dancing...
Gisdy is looking for an Operations & Growth Manager
We’re growing fast and have built up a great team at Gidsy. Since our launch, we have learned a lot. We’re proud about what we have built, and are excited about where we are going. Finding great organisers and making them successful has always been an important goal for us. This task has become a full-time job, and we’re looking for someone awesome to fill this position.
The person we’re looking for will play a very important role in Gidsy. Your main tasks will be to focus coming up with new ideas to attract, maintain and help organisers. You will work closely together with the CEO, community team and product team to execute these ideas and ship great things. You’ll be given freedom, responsibility and the resources to fail, learn and grow.
- Someone with experience in direct and online marketing (preferably 3+ years)
- Data-driven, and has experience with funnels, goals and A/B Testing
- Able to manage the overall performance analysis of existing programs
- Someone who can identify and articulate reporting requirements, which includes targets, specific data, and anticipated outcomes
- Someone who has the ability to inspire, motivate and support people
- Very goal-driven, and not afraid to raise the bar on KPIs all the time
- Experienced with building up and managing a team
- Extremely well organised and highly independent
- Fluent in English with a lust for traveling
- Experienced with the travel industry or a similar industry
- An ideas person who can execute projects independently
- A person who’s been part of a fast growing team
- Ambitious, and uses the word ‘we’ a lot more often than ‘I’
How to apply – click here to submit your application
Sociomantic Labs is looking for a Sales Manager
About the role:
- Identify and evaluate advertisers with potential to benefit from Sociomantic’s solutions
- Lead from-the-front hunting in a competitive marketplace, targeting highest value new business and delivering it into the Sales Pipeline
- Draw up and execute formal offers and contracts (manage product mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims)
- Report on the status of sales processes with regards to both existing and potential customers on a regular bases
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth (cross- and up-selling opportunities), and customer and satisfaction
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy
- Participation in industry trade events and other marketing initiatives
- Attend training to develop sales knowledge, techniques and skills
About your experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales Management/Account Management (ideally in display advertising or performance marketing sectors)
- Strong understanding of the online media and marketing industry
- Degree in business, economics, marketing, communication or similar, or equivalent business experience
- Extensive business network and solid references
- Fluency and strong communication skills in both written and spoken German and English, German mother tongue (preferred)
- Other languages beneficial
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of sales success
- Ability to “translate” complex technology processes into meaningful solutions that address business needs
- You have a willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- You have an international mindset with an excitement to meet challenges head-on
- You have a friendly, trustworthy and reliable personality, with the ability to work with teams across departments and markets
- You thrive on outperforming expectations
- You want to be part of one of the fastest growing technology start-ups
- You are driven by curiosity and innovation
About the offer:
- Full-time employment in Berlin, Germany
- Competitive compensation and incentive plan, based on your experience and expertise
- Access to a high-profile professional network of international companies
- Personal development and training of your skills and talents
- Chance to work and learn in one of the fastest growing sectors in online advertising
- Business trips across sociomantic’s target markets within the European region
- An outstanding company spirit driven by the best people from around the world
Sociomantic Labs is working at the cutting edge of international online marketing. As one of the fastest-growing technology startups, we pride ourselves on providing a challenging, engaging, and dynamic work environment to great minds assembled from around the globe.
Our proprietary “real-time bidding” (RTB) technology enables the world’s top advertisers to run highly efficient display advertising campaigns. We are driven by a constant curiosity about new technologies, our commitment to research and innovation, and our dedication to customer success.
As an industry leader worldwide, we are striving for excellence in every aspect of our business in order to turn the existing market upside-down. We thrive on outperforming expectations, and we are looking for new team members to help us pioneer the industry’s most advanced online advertising solutions. Think you’re a perfect fit for our team? We’d love to hear from you.
Sofatutor is looking for a Product Manager
You’re a strategist and love your game plan. You always have a clear roadmap laid out. You possess a variety of talents: you’re tech-savvy, analytical and have unlimited creativity. But most of all, you have your finger on the pulse of new trends and internet technologies. This has put you at the top of your game time and again. You know communication is your key to success. You love creating new features, developing innovative concepts and want to drive exciting projects to completion. Become part of our team as Product Manager!
About the role:
- Operate as interface for the development of new and innovative product ideas
- Responsible for the planning and execution of projects, incorporating web design, usability, front end and back end development
- Collaborate with technical and design teams to develop new concepts for our online platform, website functionality and features
- Usability testing and site optimisation in line with usability and conversion guidelines
- Tracking and funnel optimisation
About your experience:
- Very strong analytical and conceptual thinking
- Passion for latest developments of web technology
- Knowledge of website design, interface design and UI testing
- Wireframing skills
- Strong interest in marketing and content (learning processes, education, didactics)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (basic German is a plus)
About the offer:
- Full-time job as part of a highly motivated, fun team
- Inspiring work environment, with creative freedom promoting self-direction
- Challenging tasks
- Opportunity to shape the development of an innovative and exciting product in the educational sector
- Great sense of teamwork, flat hierarchies and transparent work processes
Based in Berlin, sofatutor.com is an innovative educational video platform with thousands of expert-approved educational and interactive videos. These high-quality, easy-to-understand videos and modules provide concise learning content for school and university students and form the basis for a perfect private learning experience online. The videos are followed by a short test to evaluate the learning process. Students also receive support and interact with teachers one-on-one using our live-chat function.
MONOQI is looking for a Product Manager
About the role:
Full engagement and ownership of product from inception to close, including being the intermediary between all stakeholders. Working closely with design and development team to define, implement and test product functionalities.
- Monitoring overall product performance closely together with Web Analysts
- Initiate and evaluate A/B tests on a regular basis
- Interact with key partners to determine business requirements
- Continuously analyse customer processes and requirements
- Conceptualising new features on wireframe level and re-iterate closely together with Business, Design and IT
- Managing process and production
- Gather and maintain functional and technical documentation for multiple products
- Initiate and conduct usability research (UX studies, site surveys, competitive research etc)
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of User Experience Design practice and principles
- You are able to communicate strategy and ideas clearly and guide designers through the creation of mock ups, prototypes or just wireframes
- You have good analytical skills and an understanding of business needs
- You are a team player, with the necessary experience to work both as a product owner and project manager
- You have previously lead a team to bring projects to life
- Experience with Scrum would be ideal
- Basic programming skills are a plus (HTML5, CSS3, JS)
- 4+ years of experience as an online product manager or UX designer
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written (German is not required)
MONOQI discovers and curates the best in international design, giving its members the chance to buy exceptional products in limited editions at friendship prices.The special deals we offer are possible because we know and admire the designers whose work we present to you. The advantages this entails are passed directly and exclusively onto MONOQI members.
We love amazing design and we want to share our passion with as many people as possible.We are a young international team based in Berlin with a big vision: online shopping should be fun and so should our jobs! If you want to work in a dynamic environment where new and exciting things happen every day, this place is for you!
Klarna is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to Cologne, Germany (m/f)
About the role: