9. November 2012–
It’s that time of the week again! Job-hunting just got easier with our exciting run-down of startup careers. So sit-back, get applying, and keep a few surprises up your sleeve. Just don't eat your application form...
So what if Axel Springer gave you a company?
Big companies like to bet on big ideas. But sometimes that is just not good enough. Sometimes success is about sticking with a small idea until it gets big. And almost always success is about determined individuals that carry an idea until its time has come. Ideas are a people business.
As Europe’s largest newspaper and multi-media house, Axel Springer’s future rests on ideas. That is why the right kind of people are our most important resource. And that is why we have decided to create a career program like no other.
As a Media Entrepreneur, we will equip you with a competitive salary and give you the opportunity to build your business idea into an enterprise. Based in our Strategic Product Development division, you will be able to use the team’s experience to analyse it to its core and develop it to market readiness. And once it is ready, we will spin it off to fly on its own with you in the driver’s seat. So we will give you a company. If you have what it takes.
In parallel, you will be working with creative individuals from all over our network of 12,000 people in 36 countries to help develop other ideas across the media spectrum – and beyond. One day you may deal with tablet magazines. Another with television. Or you might analyse the market for ebooks. Or something else. Or something completely different.
Do you need a grand idea to begin with? Not necessarily. Because nobody knows whether something will work when they start thinking about it. And because we may decide together that a project which has already been started would be a better place for you. As long as you have the entrepreneurial spirit, you are what we are looking for.
What you do need is 12 months time and the stamina to prove yourself in Berlin, Europe’s hottest spot for creativity, full of fascinating people and exciting ideas. You should be willing to take on responsibility quickly, feel enthusiastic about the world of media and curious about one of the market-leading companies in the digital transformation. And your background should show that you can deliver – be it through an excellent university degree, previous startup experience or the career you have built. Express anything you would like us to know in the online application process: pitch an idea, tell us about an experience you had or give us another reason why we should not pass on your entrepreneurial enthusiasm.
Do dare. We would love to bet on you.
Txtr is looking for a Product Manager (m/f)
Product Manager eReading & eBook Business (m/f)
For permanent employment, full time, with immediate effect.
'txtr is an innovative company in the fast-growing digital reading market. We develop, operate and market a comprehensive solution for selling eBooks and eReading content. In our field of business, we are the leading company in Europe and one of the leading companies worldwide. If you want to shape the future of how the world reads books, 'txtr is the right place for you!
'txtr is looking for smart, creative, hard-working employees who love opportunity and challenges and who thrive in a young company atmosphere.
'txtr is looking for a Product Manager (m/f) to support the development of a new project.
What you will be doing
Working closely with the Director of the new project, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of product management
- Developing an excellent understanding of the target area, both from a business and from a technical point of view
- Conceptualizing and specifying the initial product offering and future improvements based on guidance from the project Director
- Designing product features in detail together with UX, Development, and Management, and specify them in comprehensive documentation
- Managing UX and development resources on a project basis to deliver the initial product and future improvements
What you need for this position
- Strong identification with the product you are responsible for
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- A results-driven personality with positive, can-do attitude and highly developed communication, organization and leadership skills
- Ambition and commitment to assume responsibility to get the job done and achieve results
- Proactive in scoping, planning and structuring but also pragmatic and flexible in execution
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in software product management and specification
- Advanced understanding of software product management methodology and tools
- Previous experience with eBooks and online publishing is an advantage
- Good understanding of the following: Software development processes, content provisioning processes, delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and publishing projects, IT operations, contract interpretation and negotiation, eBook technologies, the education software/technology or digital education materials market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential and good knowledge of German is an advantage
- University or technical school degree or equivalent in computer science or engineering (Universitäts- oder Fachhochschulabschluss in Informatik oder Ingenieurswissenschaften / Bachelor of Sciences).
We offer challenging jobs for all who love books and opportunities, and who thrive in an international company. If this sounds like the role for you, we invite you to send us your application.
Please send your cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Jimdo is looking for a Country Manager - UK and Ireland
Jimdo empowers people to create their own websites without technical skills or coding knowledge. Jimdo's strengths are great usability (we have passionate users pushing 70), great visual flexibility (it's very easy to integrate your own design), and high-quality integration of photos, videos, and text. Over 6 million users around the world are already building their websites with Jimdo, and we're continuing to grow exponentially.
Jimdo is already huge on the continent, but there's lots of room to grow in the UK and Ireland. That's why we're looking for a Country Manager to help us expand!
This position is full-time and based at headquarters in Hamburg.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for you to help us gain traction in the UK and take charge of
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis
- Tracking sales and visitor trends and using this data to extrapolate market strategies
- Developing relationships and communicating with journalists
- Making connections for potential partnership/collaboration opportunities
- Organising events and meet-ups in the UK and Ireland and representing Jimdo
- Writing blog posts and newsletters and evaluating their success
Who we're looking for
- You have a good understanding of how the online business works and interest in what makes online companies tick
- You are good writer in English and can communicate your ideas clearly and convincingly
- You're a UK or Irish native and know the market inside and out
- You are able to manage your tasks independently and bring in new ideas
- You speak German or are willing to learn
- Bonus points for experience in business development, public relations and online marketing
What we offer
Quite possibly, working at Jimdo could be the best job you'll ever have. We believe that the best employees are happy ones, and try hard to make our working environment great. We want everyone who joins the English team to visit the US office in San Francisco once a year. You could combine this with a West Coast holiday ;-)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A great office filled with friendly and helpful coworkers
- One of the world's coolest cities to work in
Sound good? Drop us a line and let us know who you are and why we should talk to you. If you have an online portfolio or two, don't forget to include them.
Deltamethod is looking for a Senior Consultant Search Engine Marketing / Account Strategist
- Strategic analysis and optimization of the entire Ad-spendings and Business Intelligence of our clients
- Concept and development of SEM-Ad campaigns
- Analysis and constant optimization of campaigns in regard to performance goals
- Ongoing controlling, analysis and reporting, data mining
- Personnel responsibility and coaching for five internal junior managers and operative staff of client
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science with a strong background in business
- Strong skills in Excel and other MS-Office programs
- Very strong analytical thinking, numerical and problem solving skills
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to engage and work independently
- Good team player and good management skills
- First experience in Management of Ad/SEM/SEA-campaigns, preferably in eCommerce, alternatively highly analytical curiosity
- English fluent, German basic (other languages advantageous: Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, French)
- A steep learning curve and participation in the success story of our fast growing company
- Training in all internal and external SEA tools, preparation for Google Certified Adwords Professional
- Best possible development opportunities on the basis of exciting projects and a high degree of scope for development and personal room for change
- A modern work-place in the heart of Berlin with international client relations and regular business trips
- A communicative, ambitious and inspiring environment
If you are interested in joining us please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers – get the best international candidates for your company
If you’re interested in posting your latest job listings here, please send an email to email@example.com